Fallowefields Team for Ballmouth

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FallowfieldBlade

The Names Blade Fallowfield Blade
Reaction score
Olsen

Baldock --- Egan----Davies-----Edna

Berge(if fit) Hourihane

MGW Ndiaye Brewster

McScapegoat

Osborne & Sharp are not good enough they are triers but don't possess the quality for a team wanting promotion from the championship

We also need to build for the future now we know that playing with players like Fleck/Norwood/Sharp/ wont get us out the championship yes they have done that before and they are and will go down as club legends but its time to say thanks and build a new team around p;ayers like ndiaye

I think we have to use this season as a building block for next season and anything we get out of this season is a bonus such as play offs

The likelihood of Slav picking this team is probably zero as he seems hell bent on sticking with the same players that have failed in the past 10 games and last season

----------------------------------Olsen-------------------------------------

Baldock--------------Egan--------------------Davies---------------Stevens

------------------Guardiora----------------Hourihane----------------------

--------MGW------------------------------------------------Ndaiye---------

-------------------------McBurnie-------Brewster---------------------------

Just for shits and giggles. We'll get beat anyway.

pommpey

Last edited:
We'll get beat by them whoever plays, they believe in quality, we don't.

Our club is like a joiner/carpenter, he knows that a tongue and groove joint or a box joint is required, but it's hard work, expensive and he can't be arsed, so he bangs a couple of nails in and hopes it holds together.

Having banged a couple of nails in and got away with it for a while, he then starts using plastic nails.
It's ok though, it looks like a chest of drawers, it feels like a chest of drawers and it acts like a chest of drawers, but after 6 months it's been exposed for the shit that it really is.

Last edited:
Guardiora must start as he gives some sadly missing bite in the midfield. Would like to see Berge given a roll as midfield pivot/playmaker. Mcburnie uptop as we seem he'll bent on crosses from the flanks. Would also love to see more direct running as players in this league struggle with pace and trickery. Still, I don't know what I'm talking about!!

We need to stop them playing so having our best defensive striker on might be a good plan.

He won't drop Fleck. He might play Sharp again as we've got a break coming up and he doesn't seem to like Lloyd and Harry so probably won't play them either. I suspect Bournemouth will press us so Norwood is a no. Sander won't be fit until he leaves in January.

Sander won't be fit until he leaves in January.

Why does that sound so tragically true and somewhat ominous?

It's almost like he received a text whilst warming up and bugged out of the rest of the season

Stranger things have happened

In truth, he's never ripped up many trees for the club, regardless of what people's hopes and dreams are of him doing so. We should get what we can for him and call it quits.

pommpey

----------------------------------Scree-------------------------------------

Mildew--------------Lulaby--------------------Pagan---------------Hip-hop

------------------Lufthansa----------------Haddock (C)----------------------

--------Panjandrum---------------------------------------------Jolly---------

-------------------------Grotesque-------Hubris---------------------------

Subs: Nelly; Capstan; Nominate; Marsupial; Jenga; Halliburton; Blather, Sharp.

An overdue recall for Pagan in my humble opinion.

I would leave out Grotesque and Hubris. Moist and Quim are a better bet up front.

😂.

I must wonder.

When will the party line move from “I’ve been wank” to “Yep, Still wank” ?

UTB

😂.

I must wonder.

When will the party line move from “I’ve been wank” to “Yep, Still wank” ?

UTB
I'm not even Oli's biggest fan, but I would LOVE for him to get a run in the team and bag a few, just to see you disappear for a while.

Your obsession with him beggars belief 😆

Do you think he'd have played worse than Sharp did Tuesday?

I'm not even Oli's biggest fan, but I would LOVE for him to get a run in the team and bag a few, just to see you disappear for a while.

Your obsession with him beggars belief 😆

Do you think he'd have played worse than Sharp did Tuesday?
Ignore button beyond you ?

Figures !

I guess you also know for sure that he categorically would have done. Don’t you ?

Once again, for all of the back of the kop crackheads.

Slav.

Knoooooooooooows 👀.

This is a good thing btw 😀👍.

UTB

Olsen

Bogle Basham Egan Davies Stevens
Wizadora
Hourihane Osborn
MGW
Ndiaye

I despise 532 but I want 3 defenders back at all times. Give Bogle pretty much a free reign down the right hand side and encourage MGW/Ndiaye to work with him. Wizadora to sit in, Hourihan and Osborn to get in the box as much as possible.

We don't currently have a consistent, effective option (Billy needs a rest) to play as a centre forward in a 4231/433 or whatever it is. For a game like this I'd just be looking to get as many good players on the pitch as possible

Last edited:
Ignore button beyond you ?

Figures !

I guess you also know for sure that he categorically would have done. Don’t you ?

Once again, for all of the back of the kop crackheads.

Slav.

Knoooooooooooows 👀.

This is a good thing btw 😀👍.

UTB
Why would I ignore someone on an internet forum? You've not offended me at all and I take enjoyment from your posts.
If anything, your posts bring a smile to my face.
It helps me remember that however bad things get, they could be worse. I could be that sad that I have to constantly drone on about how I dislike a footballer on a forum ;) anyone who doesn't agree with me must be on crack!!!

Could Oli have played worse than Sharp on Tuesday? In my opinion no, unless he banged in an own goal.
Sharp offered nothing and it was from him not holding the ball up that the second goal came (plenty of action after he lost it obviously).
Sharp was also partly responsible for dropping 2 points against Preston (again, plenty of chances to not concede the goal afterwards).
This isn't my attempt to slag Sharp off btw, I love Bill and everything he's given to the club.
But people seem to not see that bad things he does and how little he benefits the squad apart from goals.

What has McBurnie done that has been so subpar this season? I think everyone needs to disregard anything that happened before September because we were hopeless in general.

Since we've settled on a formation and brought in a couple more creative players, he's been limited to substitute appearances.
Played 13 minutes against Peterboro, in which he got a nice assist.
14 minutes against Hull when the game was largely done for.
90 minutes against Southampton in the cup where he had a good game and scored a good goal.
24 minutes against Derby (his presence resulted in the penalty), didn't do much other than that, but let's face it Derby sat in and hoped for a 1-0 win. As soon as we scored it was all Derby.
That's two goal contributions in his last 141 minutes of football.
In comparison Bill has two goal contributions in his last 346 minutes of football.

Thanks for clarifying that everyone who doesn't want to slag off our players constantly as crackheads though, appreciated.
Do you happen to know where I can get some?
I want to see our players do well, not constantly slate them even when they're not getting a chance, so I best take up crack to meet your criteria then yeah?

Try a constructive post for a change, instead of the same old boring shite pal.

Could Oli have played worse than Sharp on Tuesday?
This is the problem now, it's turned into a McB v Sharp debate. Based on performances, goals and pretty much any other metric (apart from defensive headers) Sharp is the winner hands down.

Although granted Sharp was poor on Tuesday, even at the things he normally does well at like drawing fouls and shithousing defenders.

Jokanovic really doesn't seem to like McB so I don't think we'll see him much.

This is the problem now, it's turned into a McB v Sharp debate
Because they play the same position.

Based on performances, goals and pretty much any other metric (apart from defensive headers) Sharp is the winner hands down.
In your opinion.
I provided the statistics in my previous post, since we started playing with more creativity.

McBurnie will probably play on Saturday (I can't see Sharp starting after Tuesday's performance), in a game where let's be right, we're expected to lose.
When we do lose, who do you think will be at fault according to the majority on here?

I want him to be given a decent chance before I write him off.

Why would I ignore someone on an internet forum? You've not offended me at all and I take enjoyment from your posts.
If anything, your posts bring a smile to my face.
It helps me remember that however bad things get, they could be worse. I could be that sad that I have to constantly drone on about how I dislike a footballer on a forum ;) anyone who doesn't agree with me must be on crack!!!

Could Oli have played worse than Sharp on Tuesday? In my opinion no, unless he banged in an own goal.
Sharp offered nothing and it was from him not holding the ball up that the second goal came (plenty of action after he lost it obviously).
Sharp was also partly responsible for dropping 2 points against Preston (again, plenty of chances to not concede the goal afterwards).
This isn't my attempt to slag Sharp off btw, I love Bill and everything he's given to the club.
But people seem to not see that bad things he does and how little he benefits the squad apart from goals.

What has McBurnie done that has been so subpar this season? I think everyone needs to disregard anything that happened before September because we were hopeless in general.

Since we've settled on a formation and brought in a couple more creative players, he's been limited to substitute appearances.
Played 13 minutes against Peterboro, in which he got a nice assist.
14 minutes against Hull when the game was largely done for.
90 minutes against Southampton in the cup where he had a good game and scored a good goal.
24 minutes against Derby (his presence resulted in the penalty), didn't do much other than that, but let's face it Derby sat in and hoped for a 1-0 win. As soon as we scored it was all Derby.
That's two goal contributions in his last 141 minutes of football.
In comparison Bill has two goal contributions in his last 346 minutes of football.

Thanks for clarifying that everyone who doesn't want to slag off our players constantly as crackheads though, appreciated.
Do you happen to know where I can get some?
I want to see our players do well, not constantly slate them even when they're not getting a chance, so I best take up crack to meet your criteria then yeah?

Try a constructive post for a change, instead of the same old boring shite pal.
Constructive you say ?

Here goes.

Some time ago, approx 2 years in fact I provided a detailed assessment of McB’s many inadequacies. Make no bones about it, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM, has shown to be bang on the money. Every single one.

The “obsession” you speak of is borne of a frustration in watching this hopeless individual labour under the illusion of being a £20m footballer when in actual fact he has consistently stunk the place out, much to the detriment of the team I support.

I have to admit that the above is also exacerbated by the “jousting” that ensues with the McB apologists. You know who you are !

It provides me with much amusement tbh.

Make of that what you wish.

One thing is for sure though. The price tags of individuals signed by the previous regime which so markedly influenced the team selections of said previous regime, do not have nearly the same influence on the current one.

Put simply, Slav knows and has taken more or less the same time as it took me to figure it out. Which wasn’t very long at all as it turns out 😀👀.

Others haven’t quite figured it out yet OR are just too stubborn to acknowledge what is in plain sight. They are a VERY poor judge of what good looks like in terms of overall footballing abilities. It’s not PS or FM you see !!

You decide which one of these camps you fall into.

Best. DB.

UTB

Because they play the same position.

In your opinion.
I provided the statistics in my previous post, since we started playing with more creativity.

McBurnie will probably play on Saturday (I can't see Sharp starting after Tuesday's performance), in a game where let's be right, we're expected to lose.
When we do lose, who do you think will be at fault according to the majority on here?

I want him to be given a decent chance before I write him off.
If 2 and a bit seasons isn't long enough to see what he can do I don't know what will be?!

As he's a Blades player I'd like him to do well, but I just haven't seen much apart from some defensive headers to show me that he's any more than a run of the mill low-level Championship forward at best (if this is the bit where you quote the goals v Chelsea and Man Utd then my response is that every dog has its day, see Kean Bryan for further proof).

If 2 and a bit seasons isn't long enough to see what he can do I don't know what will be?!

As he's a Blades player I'd like him to do well, but I just haven't seen much apart from some defensive headers to show me that he's any more than a run of the mill low-level Championship forward at best (if this is the bit where you quote the goals v Chelsea and Man Utd then my response is that every dog has its day, see Kean Bryan for further proof).

In that 2 seasons sharp and mcburnie have an almost identical record so if your slagging off mcburnie you have to slag off sharp

In the two seasons before that in the championship they also have a near identical record in the time they were both in the championship so if you slagging off one you have to apply the same to the other

Its almost as if you have a set opinion against mcburnie because he cost what £15 Million again not his fault or is it the fact he wears his socks low ? Or is that he has a strange running style ?

In that 2 seasons sharp and mcburnie have an almost identical record so if your slagging off mcburnie you have to slag off sharp

In the two seasons before that in the championship they also have a near identical record in the time they were both in the championship so if you slagging off one you have to apply the same to the other

Its almost as if you have a set opinion against mcburnie because he cost what £15 Million again not his fault or is it the fact he wears his socks low ? Or is that he has a strange running style ?
Ight, ones 36 the others 25... massive difference in age.

Ones done it for the majority of his career, scoring bags upon bags for fun, a exemplary record for most teams he's played for.
The other has done it once or twice within certain parameters (Swans/Barnsley) has a seemingly endless piss poor attitude away from the club, has been disqualified for drink driving, got off lucky for cracking (rightfully so) a dickhead.

There's no comparison bud. Not a single iota of comparison. S'all good joking about providing you're doing the biz. MCB doesn't get on the pitch because his attitude, dedication and commitment is piss poor.

Mainly his socks but his attitude off the field doesn't help either.

I'll have a look at some stats when I get chance and see if what you're saying is correct.

I'm just basing it on my eyes though and from what I see Billy is a better player than McBurnie despite being 10 years older than him and apparently on the way down in terms of career trajectory.

Ight, ones 36 the others 25... massive difference in age.

Ones done it for the majority of his career, scoring bags upon bags for fun, a exemplary record for most teams he's played for.
The other has done it once or twice within certain parameters (Swans/Barnsley) has a seemingly endless piss poor attitude away from the club, has been disqualified for drink driving, got off lucky for cracking (rightfully so) a dickhead.

There's no comparison bud. Not a single iota of comparison. S'all good joking about providing you're doing the biz. MCB doesn't get on the pitch because his attitude, dedication and commitment is piss poor.

Sharp hasn't done it for the majority of his career in the championship he has only scored 20 goals in the championship once that was for us if youre talking about league one then yes sharp has scored 20 goals 4 times that is in league one not the championship

Mcburnie has played one full season in the championship and scored 20 goals

Every single season mcburnie has played in the championship which is 1 and a half seasons has scored at a rate of
1 in 2 or better

Those are facts and they take out any bladey blade Bias , Sharp is a Blades legend but he isn't good enough to be the sole no9 in our team if we want to go up he is a fantastic finisher better than mcburnie but thats about it sharp doesn't do much else as shown in most matches Bar the peterboro match where even Oli burke wopuld have looked like Messi

Yeah so you would think it would make sense to play the 25 year old as he can get better and develop whereas Bill is on a downward trajectory and wont be hear in 3/4 years in all likelihood whereas Mcburnie will be peaking

Constructive you say ?

Here goes.

Some time ago, approx 2 years in fact I provided a detailed assessment of McB’s many inadequacies. Make no bones about it, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM, has shown to be bang on the money. Every single one.

The “obsession” you speak of is borne of a frustration in watching this hopeless individual labour under the illusion of being a £20m footballer when in actual fact he has consistently stunk the place out, much to the detriment of the team I support.

I have to admit that the above is also exacerbated by the “jousting” that ensues with the McB apologists. You know who you are !

It provides me with much amusement tbh.

Make of that what you wish.

One thing is for sure though. The price tags of individuals signed by the previous regime which so markedly influenced the team selections of said previous regime, do not have nearly the same influence on the current one.

Put simply, Slav knows and has taken more or less the same time as it took me to figure it out. Which wasn’t very long at all as it turns out 😀👀.

Others haven’t quite figured it out yet OR are just too stubborn to acknowledge what is in plain sight. They are a VERY poor judge of what good looks like in terms of overall footballing abilities. It’s not PS or FM you see !!

You decide which one of these camps you fall into.

Best. DB.

UTB
youve said it all there spot on 👍

Sharp hasn't done it for the majority of his career in the championship he has only scored 20 goals in the championship once that was for us if youre talking about league one then yes sharp has scored 20 goals 4 times that is in league one not the championship

Mcburnie has played one full season in the championship and scored 20 goals

Every single season mcburnie has played in the championship which is 1 and a half seasons has scored at a rate of
1 in 2 or better

Those are facts and they take out any bladey blade Bias , Sharp is a Blades legend but he isn't good enough to be the sole no9 in our team if we want to go up he is a fantastic finisher better than mcburnie but thats about it sharp doesn't do much else as shown in most matches Bar the peterboro match where even Oli burke wopuld have looked like Messi

Yeah so you would think it would make sense to play the 25 year old as he can get better and develop whereas Bill is on a downward trajectory and wont be hear in 3/4 years in all likelihood whereas Mcburnie will be peaking
Sharp is a superior finisher to MCB as you've just said, serious question.. What would MCB bring to the squad? (minus defensive headers/headers in general) He doesn't shoot well, he's a poor finisher.

You would play the 25 year old you're right. However playing a 25 year old that's shown absolutely fuck all in the past two seasons? nah. not a chance. I used to be in the "defend mcb to the hilt" group. But when you take a step back and look at what he's actually bought to the club, it's minimal minus all the negatives (drink driving, fighting in the streets, generally acting like a dickhead) players are picked on ability and merit. He might have some ability, but he's got absolutely no merit. Not one single bit.

We'd have been better off with Madine. Seriously.

Sharp is a superior finisher to MCB as you've just said, serious question.. What would MCB bring to the squad? (minus defensive headers/headers in general) He doesn't shoot well, he's a poor finisher.

You would play the 25 year old you're right. However playing a 25 year old that's shown absolutely fuck all in the past two seasons? nah. not a chance. I used to be in the "defend mcb to the hilt" group. But when you take a step back and look at what he's actually bought to the club, it's minimal minus all the negatives (drink driving, fighting in the streets, generally acting like a dickhead) players are picked on ability and merit. He might have some ability, but he's got absolutely no merit. Not one single bit.

We'd have been better off with Madine. Seriously.

Mcburnie is an all round striker who can do everything id probably compare him more to Mcgoldrick than Sharp

The player we signed was the best all round striker in the championship that season and we decided to play him like Jon parkin and even then he still showed glimpses in the first year in the prem of how good he is

He looked poor last season but so did every player in our team last season

I think hes a top top striker at this level but the only way we will see that is if he is our main no9 and gets a run of games where he starts every week but that's just my opinion

Mcburnie is an all round striker who can do everything id probably compare him more to Mcgoldrick than Sharp

The player we signed was the best all round striker in the championship that season and we decided to play him like Jon parkin and even then he still showed glimpses in the first year in the prem of how good he is

He looked poor last season but so did every player in our team last season

I think hes a top top striker at this level but the only way we will see that is if he is our main no9 and gets a run of games where he starts every week but that's just my opinion

I've seen the video previously bud. I could find a video that makes Higdon look like a prime fat Ronaldo.. im not disputing his ability. I'm disputing his attitude and commitment.

Olsen

Baldock --- Egan----Davies-----Edna

Berge(if fit) Hourihane

MGW Ndiaye Brewster

McScapegoat

Osborne & Sharp are not good enough they are triers but don't possess the quality for a team wanting promotion from the championship

We also need to build for the future now we know that playing with players like Fleck/Norwood/Sharp/ wont get us out the championship yes they have done that before and they are and will go down as club legends but its time to say thanks and build a new team around p;ayers like ndiaye

I think we have to use this season as a building block for next season and anything we get out of this season is a bonus such as play offs

The likelihood of Slav picking this team is probably zero as he seems hell bent on sticking with the same players that have failed in the past 10 games and last season
Have we failed in the last 10 games ?

I've seen the video previously bud. I could find a video that makes Higdon look like a prime fat Ronaldo.. im not disputing his ability. I'm disputing his attitude and commitment.

Again the only place a player should be judged is on the pitch Mcburnie has done well in his brief cameos

He deserves a long run in the team

Couldn't care less if he beats up disabled people in his spare time and thinks he's a grime artist

Back
Top Bottom