FA Cup - Does it deserve our respect?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

MMBUTB

Reaction score
In the FA cup we have been drawn against the lowest ranking team left. At home.

From AFC Fylde’s point of view they have drawn a premier league side in a classic old ground. Do we owe it to these players to turn up and not let them play in front of an empty ground? Don’t forget these players have been fighting for this probably since August.

Along these lines do the club need to play there part and reduce prices to make this a proper old school FA cup tie.

C’mon Bladesmen let’s show them what a proper club is UTB🙌🙌

The romantic in me agrees.

Tbf though i think theres a minimum you can charge and we'll probably be close to it.

Can't see the crowd reaching double figure thousands.

The thing is, wasn't it only 10-12 quid for Barnet last year? And there were still less than 10,000 there, even with Barnet bringing 1500 or so.

I went to that, and Sunderland this year, and unfortunately I think this would have to be free for me to consider going. It's like watching a friendly, only there's no one there, the football is arguably worse, and it's more embarrassing if you lose...

From AFC Fylde’s point of view they have drawn a premier league side in a classic old ground. Do we owe it to these players to turn up and not let them play in front of an empty ground? Don’t forget these players have been fighting for this probably since August.

Along these lines do the club need to play there part and reduce prices to make this a proper old school FA cup tie.

It's a Sheffield United fixture, therefore I'll be there.

Great point well made MMBUTB
Absolutely we should do all we can to make it a special day to remember.
That's what I would want if it was the other way round.

If I didn't go every time a manager either couldn't be arsed, or got results to suggest they couldn't, I'd be a lot richer and would have had a lot more spare time 🤣

You might be on to something! 😮
I bet you think they wont kickoff until you take your seat, been there, thought that

One day they will :)

There's some ill-feeling towards Fylde from my non-league team supporting colleague - ok it's only his take on it but Fylde have had much investment, considerably out of line with their contemporaries, in an attempt to "create" the next Blackpool. As much as investment in non-league football is surely a good thing, the imbalance of it might be creating a bit of an uneven playing fylde.

Although the home team are free to set the prices (it used to have to be mutually agreed by both teams, meaning the lower league team would often push for higher prices so they would earn more money), the FA does stipulate a minimum ticket price of £10. So we can't just let everyone in for a quid.

There's some ill-feeling towards Fylde from my non-league team supporting colleague - ok it's only his take on it but Fylde have had much investment, considerably out of line with their contemporaries, in an attempt to "create" the next Blackpool. As much as investment in non-league football is surely a good thing, the imbalance of it might be creating a bit of an uneven playing fylde.

Well you got there in the end.....

Infraction for unacceptable punnage.

They need to respect the fans that turn up too. Changing all 11 would be stupid.

I'd go like this:

Moore
Basham Jagielka O'Connell
K. Freeman Norwood Fleck Osborn
L. Freeman
McBurnie Sharp
That changes 'enough' but also maintains the core of the team (Bash, JOC, Norwood & Fleck)

Make it £5 a ticket, offer Fylde as many as they want and let them have the gate receipts. I know football is a business and we aren't where we are due to being charitable, but in the same was as it's tradition for the Championship play off winners to cede all gate receipts to the loser, surely we can do our bit for the cash strapped lower echelons here and set an example to boot?

They need to respect the fans that turn up too. Changing all 11 would be stupid.

I'd go like this:

Moore
Basham Jagielka O'Connell
K. Freeman Norwood Fleck Osborn
L. Freeman
McBurnie Sharp
That changes 'enough' but also maintains the core of the team (Bash, JOC, Norwood & Fleck)
I understand the sentiment, but we've got a very long, tough season ahead. Tiredness, suspensions, injuries will take their toll later on. Our squad is ok, but we don't have the same quality in depth.
Doing that will be just one more match to add to tiredness / injuries.

I understand the sentiment, but we've got a very long, tough season ahead. Tiredness, suspensions, injuries will take their toll later on. Our squad is ok, but we don't have the same quality in depth.
Doing that will be just one more match to add to tiredness / injuries.
We seem to hardly ever play compared to last season.

There are teams in all leagues which get disproportionate investment but it doesn’t guarantee success. Fylde it is true have invested heavily with ex blades Mark Yeates, Andy Taylor and Philliskirk on their books. However they sit a lowly 18th in the National League. Solihull Moors are another team with little tradition but loads of investment and sit 3rd. The league is lead by a well run club in Barrow who to my knowledge aren’t a moneybags club. Long and the short is; investment doesn’t guarantee success but supporters of all clubs would like it if they can get it.

I think there’s probably a price point where it doesn’t make much difference.
Perhaps £12. Below that you won’t get a huge surge in fans going. So dropping to £5 for adults is probably not worth it

It would be nice to play our best side, open 4 Sides of the ground and make it a great day.

But if demand is 10-15000 including away fans then realistically we won’t open the whole ground.

The club have to do a better sales job perhaps automatically adding fa cup 3rd round home tickets to season tickets

personally I like the fa cup but it’s being killed by UEFA’s agenda to push the european cups at the expense of the home cups

Make it £5 a ticket, offer Fylde as many as they want and let them have the gate receipts. I know football is a business and we aren't where we are due to being charitable, but in the same was as it's tradition for the Championship play off winners to cede all gate receipts to the loser, surely we can do our bit for the cash strapped lower echelons here and set an example to boot?
They're not cash strapped, why should we give them our gate reciepts?

Back
Top Bottom