FA Cup - Does it deserve our respect?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Three ex Blades in the fylde squad , Andy Taylor , Danny Phiiliskirk and Mark Yeates so i will be there for this one to give them a cheer .

It will probably be on telly as well which will make the attendance even worse, as well as making it more embarrassing. This would have been far better away from home. I actually feel a bit sorry for Fylde, knowing what they'll be greeted with on the day.

The club really should make this £1 a ticket.

Don't they have to agree the price with the away team given that they receive 25% of the proceeds?

I understand the sentiment, but we've got a very long, tough season ahead. Tiredness, suspensions, injuries will take their toll later on. Our squad is ok, but we don't have the same quality in depth.
Doing that will be just one more match to add to tiredness / injuries.
8 less games this year, with a larger squad

I thought it was 50%, but any lost income would be negligible for SUFC to cover.

I've just checked and it seems it's more complicated than I thought:

For the Third to sixth rounds of the FA Cup, 10% is taken from net gate receipts and added to the pool, leaving both clubs with 45% of net gate receipts (42.5% for replays).

However, where one of the clubs is outside the football league, that club get 50%, the other club 40%, with 10% still going to the pool (47.5% and 37.5% for replays, with 10% still going to the pool)

I t6hink we should definitely respect it and I am sure our manager will. It was the players that let themselves, the club, the manager and fans down last year. Wilder was fuming at the attitude of the players. He showed his respect to Barnet and the competition by staying on the pitch for a good ten minutes at the end whilst the Barnet staff and players celebrated their deserved win in front of their fans. He shook the hand of every member of staff and players from Barnet which ws real class. Credit to the Blades fans there too as a big percentage stayed behind to appluad them off too. At the end of the season we got a bigger prize but it was a shocking performance that day by those Blades players.

Again: FA rules say that we can't reduce the price below £10...

In the FA cup we have been drawn against the lowest ranking team left. At home.

From AFC Fylde’s point of view they have drawn a premier league side in a classic old ground. Do we owe it to these players to turn up and not let them play in front of an empty ground? Don’t forget these players have been fighting for this probably since August.

Along these lines do the club need to play there part and reduce prices to make this a proper old school FA cup tie.

C’mon Bladesmen let’s show them what a proper club is UTB🙌🙌
The F A Cup should always deserve our respect and therefore we should field our strongest team and go out and try to win the thing.
I would love to see us win something before it’s my turn to meet the Grim Reaper.

They need to respect the fans that turn up too. Changing all 11 would be stupid.

I'd go like this:

Moore
Basham Jagielka O'Connell
K. Freeman Norwood Fleck Osborn
L. Freeman
McBurnie Sharp
That changes 'enough' but also maintains the core of the team (Bash, JOC, Norwood & Fleck)

I get they deserve respect but even if we lost. I would not want to risk any of our core players, just think about how different this side would be if we lost just one of our starting 11

In the FA cup we have been drawn against the lowest ranking team left. At home.

From AFC Fylde’s point of view they have drawn a premier league side in a classic old ground. Do we owe it to these players to turn up and not let them play in front of an empty ground? Don’t forget these players have been fighting for this probably since August.

Along these lines do the club need to play there part and reduce prices to make this a proper old school FA cup tie.

C’mon Bladesmen let’s show them what a proper club is UTB🙌🙌

Yes we do, unlike the lack of respect shown to Barnet, who then proceeded to piss all over us, giving us one of the most embarrassing results in our history.
Bad enough having Non league fans singing Is this a library, and all that shit without us giving the game away with a cobbled together team.

The only thing that narks me about Prem football is the lack of game. With very few game in mid week and the games at the weekends all over the place. I really do miss the Saturday/Tuesday/ Saturday set up. It’ll be nice to go to a game at 3pm Saturday for a change.

I'll be going. Nice little throw back to the league one days when you could have a pint in your hand at 14:50 and still make it in for kick off. The fact that it will be a 3pm Saturday makes it more appealing as well.

I've no problem with watching us put a 2nd string out either but at least attempt to win the game this time.

If I'm honest I'd love us to win the FA cup the league we'll never do but, a cup is within our possibilities, I noticed last night we'd got FC Fylde & pigs got BHA so that's 2 PL teams playing little clubs.

Respect the competition. Respect the opponents. Open the Kop. Make it a proper game.

Offer good loyalty point incentives as an apology for the garbage seen in every other recent cup game.

Have Wilder come out and say "I'm not instructing them to lose this time" as well, that will help.

Year

Winners

Runners-up

Score

Manchester City

Watford

6-0

Chelsea

Manchester United

1-0

Arsenal

Chelsea

2-1

Manchester United

Crystal Palace

2-1 aet

Arsenal

Aston Villa

4-0

Arsenal

Hull City

3-2 aet

Wigan Athletic

Manchester City

1-0

Chelsea

Liverpool

2-1

Manchester City

Stoke City

1-0

Chelsea

Portsmouth

1-0

Chelsea

Everton

2-1

Portsmouth

Cardiff City

1-0

Chelsea

Manchester United

1-0

Liverpool

West Ham United

3-3 aet

Liverpool win 3-1 on penalties

Arsenal

Manchester United

0-0 aet

Arsenal win 5-4 on penalties

Manchester United

Millwall

3-0

Arsenal

Southampton

1-0

Arsenal

Chelsea

2-0

Liverpool

Arsenal

2-1

Chelsea

Aston Villa

1-0

Manchester United

Newcastle United

2-0

Arsenal

Newcastle United

2-0

Chelsea

Middlesbrough

2-0

Manchester United

Liverpool

1-0

Everton

Manchester United

1-0

Manchester United

Chelsea

4-0

Arsenal

Sheffield Wednesday

1-1 aet

replay

Arsenal

Sheffield Wednesday

2-1 aet

Liverpool

Sunderland

2-0

Tottenham Hotspur

Nottingham Forest

2-1 aet

Manchester United

Crystal Palace

3-3 aet

replay

Manchester United

Crystal Palace

1-0

Liverpool
This is a list of winners over the last thirty years. In that time only three clubs outside the top six have won it. It is not a cup we have much chance of winning.

Give priority to the next cup game to attendees of this one. Will make some people think again in case we get a big draw in R4.

I'll be going. Nice little throw back to the league one days when you could have a pint in your hand at 14:50 and still make it in for kick off. The fact that it will be a 3pm Saturday makes it more appealing as well.

I've no problem with watching us put a 2nd string out either but at least attempt to win the game this time.

Think it will be Sunday cause we play Liverpool on the Thursday before

If they gave out extra couple of hundred loyalty points for going to a bobbar game like this, i reckon there would be a good few thousand more attending.

Nailed it. Make it a bumper loyalty points game. 500 per person. Should shut a few ppl up if anything else.

And let's face it... what's more embarassing than losing at home to AFC Fylde? Losing to them in front of zero home fans and closed down Kop

They need to respect the fans that turn up too. Changing all 11 would be stupid.

I'd go like this:

Moore
Basham Jagielka O'Connell
K. Freeman Norwood Fleck Osborn
L. Freeman
McBurnie Sharp
That changes 'enough' but also maintains the core of the team (Bash, JOC, Norwood & Fleck)

Imagine the scenes if one of those 3 players suffered an injury. Not worth it for me.

Let's just make it a day they will remember, loud and proud, and help them to concede 3 or 4, hopefully Didzy will bag a couple n Freeman will score too.

The only thing that narks me about Prem football is the lack of game. With very few game in mid week and the games at the weekends all over the place. I really do miss the Saturday/Tuesday/ Saturday set up. It’ll be nice to go to a game at 3pm Saturday for a change.

That’s the main reason I’ll be going too.
Also never seen Fylde play...so there’s the novelty factor and added spotlight of playing the lowest ranked team in the tournement
Also I’m interested to see how Ravel Morrison performs.

Back
Top Bottom