Eyes on 👀

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think we move the balance of players on like K Freeman / Clarke / Morrison / Rodwell.

We do everything we can to get Deano back whether season loan or anything we can do to keep him here as long as possible.

We have to make some decisions on Luke Freeman / Osborn / Freeman to see whether we see them as first team worthy. CW will decide who makes it and who moves on. The loan players either made perm or move back to their clubs like Besic etc

It would look likely Billy May leave at the end of the season and we need a striker to replace him so I believe the most money will go on a striker replacement. Maybe Ollie Watkins / Maupay etc

Although we shopped in other markets this window I do believe we should stay UK based as a whole.

I think one thing that needs to be considered is the January budget. our spend was pretty hefty and I wouldn't be surprised if at least part of the Berge fee was taken from the summer budget.

Wilder will have said that with the right addition/s we can push for Europe and the summers budget will have been reallocated to help with that.

Having said that we have what is proving to be a Premier league standard squad with Robinson to return on the back of a strong 5 months with WBA. club is making it loud and clear he is coming back but I think if he does well they would take £10m+ from WBA

I assume we have options to buy the two lads on loan?

Restos £15m and replaces Jags

Hope im wrong but have a feeling Zivkovic will be a bust

Rodwell released

a GK, a CB and a Striker would be my shopping list

You also have to take into account that we could earn £20 million more than we budgeted for if we finish in the top 7.

It really does become about quality not quantity. If also becomes about returning what we have.

If you could retain Hendo, then keepers can stay as is.

If Retsos comes off then you decide whether your 6th centre back is Jags, Rodwell or hunt for Wolfenden or someone like that and the defence is sorted. Bryan goes or goes on loan and RNS gets loaned again to a better level.

Midfield looks very strong. Besic's loan ends so that is something to look at but the other 5 look very good though I get it if Freeman gets itchy feet.

Up front is where we would need to focus.

At the moment I'm thinking McBurnie plays the deeper role and Didzy backs him up. Mousset plays the off the bench pace option and we focus on a top pick centre forward. It's then a question of what we want to do with Zivkovic, Sharp and Robinson and without ducking the question, that should become relatively obvious by the end of the season.

So, without seeing the new guys, a relatively modest summer of upgrading contracts, getting Hendo for another year, securing Retsos and focusing on a top centre forward. Any others would be low profile squad players.

Would deffo try and get pukki when norwhich go down and probably Ollie Watkins aswell

I'm sure Watkins will be the top target in summer if Brentford don't get up - that is unless Henderson returns to Man U

The UK left the EU last Friday,now we have left the EU we go and get 3 players a Norwegian (not Eu i know),a Dutch and a Greek,to complement our French lad.

Definitely won't be after Pukki... And I think we're after better than Watkins now also

Why wouldn’t we be after Pukki? If Norwich go down half the prem will be after him ?

Watkins will be near the top of our shopping list I think

Why wouldn’t we be after Pukki? If Norwich go down half the prem will be after him ?

Watkins will be near the top of our shopping list I think

I just don't think he fits CWAKs model. He's a great goal scorer don't get me wrong.

I still don’t think we will be shopping for strikers who are particularly well known.
And strikers who perform in England are way over priced, just look what us and Brighton paid for Championship goal scorers.

I see us casting our net wider, and now we’ve made the jump will be signing a few more from the continent given the better value for money there.
One player I would look at is Haller at West Ham, I think there is a player in there not getting the most of by them. Might be available if they go down.

After that my knowledge abroad is poor and I have no idea. I suppose Wilder will be hoping Zivkovic suddenly matches his early potential, and he can also find that pure creative talent and flair to give us another dimension to our game. A player who’s a massive threat from set plays and can score from distance regularly.

Can't even get a game at Atalanta.

Exactly. He's been quite unfortunate. Needs to move on if it doesn't change. Very good player who will only get better.

Played with Sander at Genk so we will have watched him plenty and we have an easy character reference now too.

Exactly. He's been quite unfortunate. Needs to move on if it doesn't change. Very good player who will only get better.

Played with Sander at Genk so we will have watched him plenty and we have an easy character reference now too.
Weird club Atalanta, I've just sold Muriel, totally frustrated because, despite being their top goalscorer this season, he can't get a game.

Weird club Atalanta, I've just sold Muriel, totally frustrated because, despite being their top goalscorer this season, he can't get a game.

They have that particular system and group of players that brought them success last season and the manager is loyal to it. Justifiably so, given most of their performances. I don't like Muriel, but there's an argument to start him ahead of Zapata currently. As for Ruslan, he should be LCM next to De Roon. He improves them every time he's on the pitch.

It would seem now that we are fishing in a different pond as far as player recruitment goes. I was wondering who my fellow blades would go after to take us to the next level again.
I still think we need a striker. Imagine unearthing someone like Billy... But at Premier League/Europe level!
So I'd keep an eye on players such as Larsson at Spartak and Pavlidis at Willem.

Just for fun... Who would you be after in your new role as Sheff U's chief scout?
ilicic

I'll take Gomez from Atalanta as well - elite level Duffy!

I still don’t think we will be shopping for strikers who are particularly well known.
And strikers who perform in England are way over priced, just look what us and Brighton paid for Championship goal scorers.

I see us casting our net wider, and now we’ve made the jump will be signing a few more from the continent given the better value for money there.
One player I would look at is Haller at West Ham, I think there is a player in there not getting the most of by them. Might be available if they go down.

After that my knowledge abroad is poor and I have no idea. I suppose Wilder will be hoping Zivkovic suddenly matches his early potential, and he can also find that pure creative talent and flair to give us another dimension to our game. A player who’s a massive threat from set plays and can score from distance regularly.

Can see us signing players like pukki watkins karlam grant

Not seen a lot of Hrant...but watched Watkins lots and he’s not as good as Maupay. Relays on service, and for me will struggle in the prem

Think we see who goes down / doesn’t come up.

Brighton have Maupay
Norwich have Pukki/ Cantwell
Brentford have about 8 good players
Leeds have Phillips

There’s a lot of players available that would perhaps be at the top of our budget but are their are players out their. It’s down to CW to instruct AK which ones to go and view. As with that Berge AK had been to watch him twice live. Along with CW watching him also.

Think we see who goes down / doesn’t come up.

Brighton have Maupay
Norwich have Pukki/ Cantwell
Brentford have about 8 good players
Leeds have Phillips

There’s a lot of players available that would perhaps be at the top of our budget but are their are players out their. It’s down to CW to instruct AK which ones to go and view. As with that Berge AK had been to watch him twice live. Along with CW watching him also.

West Brom also have Phillips who I think could do a job at RCM or even as cover for RWB if they don't get promoted

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom