Eyes on 👀

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

CoatesyBlade

Reaction score
It would seem now that we are fishing in a different pond as far as player recruitment goes. I was wondering who my fellow blades would go after to take us to the next level again.
I still think we need a striker. Imagine unearthing someone like Billy... But at Premier League/Europe level!
So I'd keep an eye on players such as Larsson at Spartak and Pavlidis at Willem.

Just for fun... Who would you be after in your new role as Sheff U's chief scout?

Fantasy football time

If we finish in the top ten I'd like to see us strengthen in 3 positions:

GK - Deano on a permanent.

CB - Retsos on a permanent. I genuinely think he will settle really well and will be great long term competition for JOC and Bash. At the very least he'll be a solid replacement for Jags.

ST - A few options here all depending on where we finish (and trying to keep it realistic) but one of the following:
- Danny Ings - In excellent form and similar to Billy in style
- Dominic Calvert-Lewin - Really starting to take off in the prem this season and being a blade would make the move all the better
- Luis Muriel - 12 goals for Atalanta this season who are known to play a similar style to us.
- Moussa Dembele - 12 goals for Lyon this season and obviously his previous experience for Celtic would ease the transition time.

I would have wanted Piatek or Alcacer but they both moved in January.

Duvan Zapata (atalanta) and Donyell Malen (PSV) would be my picks at striker.

Goalkeeper if we could get Henderson on a permanent happy days, if not try for Dubravka at Newcastle.

Can't think of a particular player, but we could really do with a player at the top of the field who has great predatory instincts. They're not easy to find, most clubs are searching for the same available players, but it's who we need.....unless Moose moves up a gear and delivers more goals on a regular basis (I'd love that as the fella ticks so many boxes for me), or one of our youngsters emerges from the shadows and reveals themselves as a great goal taker.....truth is, recruitment is an ongoing, never-ending process, so everything changes when you consider what this involves. Our wage structure will have shifted northwards, we'll be looking to tie down existing squad members, and our perspectives must alter to reflect where we're headed. That's not to imply we'd commit to financial suicide, but to attract good-great talent at this level, as well as current squad members whose existing agreements are maybe 18-12 months from ending, we'll need to show we're more than a business built on hollow platitudes.........

Oh, and unless anyone still needs convincing, we need to heed Wilder's words regarding top tier training facilities. Swansea have (which assumes work has been completed) a training facility as good as the likes of the top Italian or Spanish clubs, which begs the question, when this is addressed by our board, will we move quickly to secure the permission to build on land that's available? Lots of talk about a new facility at Norton, a good location with enough space for whatever we felt was needed.

Can't think of a particular player, but we could really do with a player at the top of the field who has great predatory instincts. They're not easy to find, most clubs are searching for the same available players, but it's who we need.....unless Moose moves up a gear and delivers more goals on a regular basis (I'd love that as the fella ticks so many boxes for me), or one of our youngsters emerges from the shadows and reveals themselves as a great goal taker.....truth is, recruitment is an ongoing, never-ending process, so everything changes when you consider what this involves. Our wage structure will have shifted northwards, we'll be looking to tie down existing squad members, and our perspectives must alter to reflect where we're headed. That's not to imply we'd commit to financial suicide, but to attract good-great talent at this level, as well as current squad members whose existing agreements are maybe 18-12 months from ending, we'll need to show we're more than a business built on hollow platitudes.........

Oh, and unless anyone still needs convincing, we need to heed Wilder's words regarding top tier training facilities. Swansea have (which assumes work has been completed) a training facility as good as the likes of the top Italian or Spanish clubs, which begs the question, when this is addressed by our board, will we move quickly to secure the permission to build on land that's available? Lots of talk about a new facility at Norton, a good location with enough space for whatever we felt was needed.

Well I'm pretty sure Hendo mentioned a new pitch... Was it? On the Berge video.
I'd be surprised if plans weren't in place given how much Wilder has mentioned the need for improvements

Well I'm pretty sure Hendo mentioned a new pitch... Was it? On the Berge video.
I'd be surprised if plans weren't in place given how much Wilder has mentioned the need for improvements

Saw that too....and from what other posters have said, it seems that the need for a super-up to the minute training facility is being viewed as a priority. There's no point in not ensuring that we're up to speed with the very best facilities, and somewhere on here (another thread) is a video that shows just how good the Swansea facility is, and boy, it looks mightily impressive.

Years ago I recall reading about one of the great Italian teams (could have been AC Milan or Juventus) and the way they approach recruitment. It was as specific as you can imagine, from the state of a player's teeth (think about it, unless your teeth and gums are in superb condition, as in alignment, is there disease,and whatever else might affect a player at some point, they had their own dentist to correct any problem that might impact on a player and their ability to play at the top of their game) through to the most miniscule of applications that can improve a player's physical condition. It made even our biggest clubs seem some way behind the curve in how they addressed their valued investments. Perhaps since then there's been a change of approach, but with all the information that's available I'd have thought it should be possible to adopt whatever was needed in order to create the very finest facilities available.

Today's investment is tomorrow's reward, so let's hope that the Prince appreciates the absolute need for a first class training facility. It's not simply a place where injuries are attended to, it is, as Wilder has said many times, a place where they (meaning Wilder, Knill, and the rest of the training staff) can teach the players (that's right, CW used the word 'teach') how to adapt and improve. What does anyone think that Guardiola does with his players throughout the week? Why shouldn't the same apply at United? I hope we show similar imagination and realise just how important this is to our progress.

Saw that too....and from what other posters have said, it seems that the need for a super-up to the minute training facility is being viewed as a priority. There's no point in not ensuring that we're up to speed with the very best facilities, and somewhere on here (another thread) is a video that shows just how good the Swansea facility is, and boy, it looks mightily impressive.

Years ago I recall reading about one of the great Italian teams (could have been AC Milan or Juventus) and the way they approach recruitment. It was as specific as you can imagine, from the state of a player's teeth (think about it, unless your teeth and gums are in superb condition, as in alignment, is there disease,and whatever else might affect a player at some point, they had their own dentist to correct any problem that might impact on a player and their ability to play at the top of their game) through to the most miniscule of applications that can improve a player's physical condition. It made even our biggest clubs seem some way behind the curve in how they addressed their valued investments. Perhaps since then there's been a change of approach, but with all the information that's available I'd have thought it should be possible to adopt whatever was needed in order to create the very finest facilities available.

Today's investment is tomorrow's reward, so let's hope that the Prince appreciates the absolute need for a first class training facility. It's not simply a place where injuries are attended to, it is, as Wilder has said many times, a place where they (meaning Wilder, Knill, and the rest of the training staff) can teach the players (that's right, CW used the word 'teach') how to adapt and improve. What does anyone think that Guardiola does with his players throughout the week? Why shouldn't the same apply at United? I hope we show similar imagination and realise just how important this is to our progress.
Re teeth - tooth and gum infection (especially if untreated) can lead to pericarditis, which is infection of the heart valves.
Obviously not good for athletes 😯

Re teeth - tooth and gum infection (especially if untreated) can lead to pericarditis, which is infection of the heart valves.
Obviously not good for athletes 😯

Something I was unaware of, but it only goes to emphasise why clubs at this level should be obligated to offer the most comprehensive health care available.

I think one thing that needs to be considered is the January budget. our spend was pretty hefty and I wouldn't be surprised if at least part of the Berge fee was taken from the summer budget.

Wilder will have said that with the right addition/s we can push for Europe and the summers budget will have been reallocated to help with that.

Having said that we have what is proving to be a Premier league standard squad with Robinson to return on the back of a strong 5 months with WBA. club is making it loud and clear he is coming back but I think if he does well they would take £10m+ from WBA

I assume we have options to buy the two lads on loan?

Restos £15m and replaces Jags

Hope im wrong but have a feeling Zivkovic will be a bust

Rodwell released

a GK, a CB and a Striker would be my shopping list

Seko Fofana would be a reyt signing

Barry Banana anyone?
£4-6s-7d should get him. He can be target practice in the warm up.

Back
Top Bottom