Evolution or Revolution

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Which will it be.

• Evolution

Votes: 46 43.8%
  • Revolution

Votes: 59 56.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Another issue we have is that revolution is more expensive than evolution.

We're probably being a bit cautious post covid which isn't unwise. We do want a club in a hundred years. Though I shan't be attending many matches then 😉

It will potentially be a season of transition but that doesn't mean immediately you park any ambitions.

More something like this:

Baldock -> Bogle
Stevens -> RND
Sharp -> Brewster

The latter guys will hopefully be primed to take over during the course of the season though this may be a little premature in Baldock's case. I think he will still have something in the tank in 14 months if not sold off.

I don't see a direct fit for McGoldrick, maybe N'Diaye but that's a big ask for someone who hasn't played much. Maybe that replacement comes at the end of next season. May also depends what happens with McBurnie.

The fact there is some succession there already in defence and attack but I haven't mentioned a single Midfielder tells it's own story.

I'd say nay recruitment goes towards a more dynamic midfield. Promotion King Norwood can play a part and so can Fleck but I don't see them both as 30-somethings being anything more than back up if we manage to bounce back at the first time of asking.

I thought the plan was to trust in Chris Wilder?
Weren’t many saying give him a long contract to try to make him stay at SU.
Everyone thought CW was brilliant and we demanded a continuity plan.
The whole club was working as one, with a clear plan....every team from the juniors to the 1st playing a similar style and system.

It sounded a brilliant idea to evolve and gradually improve.
In the past we‘ve ripped up the plan and started again....the fans have demanded a revolution with a total clear out
but that way of thinking still meant 6 years in league 1.....so have we learnt anything?

It seems most people want us to destroy Wilders foundations and start afresh.
Its so tempting and easy to keep spinning the roulette wheel but we should try to have a level of continuity.

When we reached the Premier League i understood that the double promotion winning team would evolve into something better with the right quality additions,but that never happened and with Wilder gone,it looks like we now need a revolution,or could the next manager still evolve this team,what do you think.
We don't need a big clear out, that defence in the Championship will be solid. I did think we might need a new goalkeeper but Ramsdale seems to be stepping up over the last few weeks. A 4-4-2 defence of Ramsdale-Baldock-Egan-Jock-Osbourne or 5-3-2 and throw in Basham, is more than capable of knocking out the clean sheets. Back up defenders Bogle, Robinson, Jags, RND, Stevens are more than fine at Championship. Why break that defensive unit up, they're good.

The forwards will be good enough at Championship level, perhaps a couple of wingers and an out-and-out target man for plan B from the bench might be worth bringing in. Midfield is the one area where they need shoring up. Keep Fleck and maybe get Freeman back but replacements required for Berge, Norwood and Lundstrum.

We don't need a big clear out, that defence in the Championship will be solid. I did think we might need a new goalkeeper but Ramsdale seems to be stepping up over the last few weeks. A 4-4-2 defence of Ramsdale-Baldock-Egan-Jock-Osbourne or 5-3-2 and throw in Basham, is more than capable of knocking out the clean sheets. Back up defenders Bogle, Robinson, Jags, RND, Stevens are more than fine at Championship. Why break that defensive unit up, they're good.

The forwards will be good enough at Championship level, perhaps a couple of wingers and an out-and-out target man for plan B from the bench might be worth bringing in. Midfield is the one area where they need shoring up. Keep Fleck and maybe get Freeman back but replacements required for Berge, Norwood and Lundstrum.
Agree, a big clearout can make it worse for the club

Speaking on RS our interim manager has said we should keep most of the current group together with maybe 3 additions who would go straight into the team,i fink i herd that reyt.

Back
Top Bottom