Match Thread Everton v. Sheffield United - 16th May 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

EVER
EVER
EVER

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1621096272214.pngV. 1621096280808.png
EPL Week 36 - Sunday 16th May 2021 - Goodison Park

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - Everton vs Sheffield United

Officials:

Referee:
Jonathan Moss
Assistant Referee: Marc Perry
Assistant Referee: Timothy Wood
Fourth Official: Lee Mason
Video Assistant Referee: Simon Hooper
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Peter Kirkup

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-05-15 at 17.30.33.png

Just done my voting for player ratings. What a pleasant difference to the usual ritual of cursing and moaning, then making Rammstein the automatic MoM.

Disappointing to note, however, that when I tried clicking on “Lundstram” to give him his customary 1/10, there was no link to vote.

Poor from Foxy on an otherwise brilliant evening.

Jack Robinson as well
It Robinson and Osborn, on that showing, have a lot to offer us next season.
Both impressive and contributed to a great team performance.
What with two or three more from the U23s next season could be very enjoyable.
Shame there will be no derby for the icing on the cake.

Terrible shitstorm of a season.....but it's lovely to feel proud again. ;)
Some real hope for next season.
utb

Ancelotti saying they should be embarrassed. No mention of the way we played. We harassed them & stopped them playing for most of the game. Of course they had chances but so did we & thought we fully deserved the win. Sounded a lot like opposition managers interviews from last season.

Looking at the stats and its interesting that all the midfield had passing accuracy of over 80% with Norwood having 97% and a mention to Robinson who had 80%, I think this was the foundation for tonight's performance, because all too many times this season the passing has been our downfall, I also think that these stats were helped enormously by the movement which gave the player in possession options

Well, well, well, who was that team on the pitch tonight? We looked so much better and quite frankly it made a huge difference having a central striker. 3-4-3? worked really well with Osborn and McGoldrick dropping back into midfield. We even looked dangerous from corners!

Ramsdale - 9 -yes, some great saves but more impressed with his general command of the box. All round brilliant display.
Stevens - 7.5 - Much better, Not as much going forward as Baldock but involved in quite a lot. Nice to see the first time balls are continuing
Robinson - 8 - The biggest surprise of the night for me. He was excellent. There were a few lapses when the ball got through to their strikers too easily, but generally probably his best performance for us.
Egan - 8.5 - Again, lost his man a few time and lucky to get away with it but put in many brilliant blocks and headers
Basham - 7 - Thought he looked a bit stretched at times but kept at it. Powered forward a few times and generally looked to be positive
Baldock - 8 - Had a tough job on with Digne but limited him very well and still managed to get forward. Again a great threat from our cross-field balls.
John Fleck - 7 - Good to have him back after a ling absence and he's been practicing set-pieces as well. Put much more of a shift in, and whilst a bit stretched at times kept plugging away.
Norwood - 7.5 - Best performance of the season. Playing in a different position suited him and he was a lot more effective. Also much better set-pieces
Osborn - 8 - Not the best player in the world but he was everywhere tonight. I thought he was excellent and his energy drove us forward.
McGoldrick - 9.5 - Imagine how much he'd be worth if he was 23?!! Everywhere and constantly getting in the way of the opposition. Great skills on the balls and great feet.
Jebbison - 7.5 - What a full debut. Chuffed for the lad. Made so much difference having a focal point who knew how to play in the position. Only Billy would have taken the chance and made that run. Pleased he lasted the game and kept going. Seemed to become more confident with it as well. Still very raw and made quite a few bad decisions but the lad has a lot of talent.

Heck/Tindall - 10 - Can't fault them. We were incredibly well organised, we were vastly improved on set-pieces. More than anything we played a different system and it worked perfectly.

Looking at the stats and its interesting that all the midfield had passing accuracy of over 80% with Norwood having 97% and a mention to Robinson who had 80%, I think this was the foundation for tonight's performance, because all too many times this season the passing has been our downfall, I also think that these stats were helped enormously by the movement which gave the player in possession options
Agree with this. For probably the only time this season there seemed to be a fairly easy option for the pass on most occasions we were in possession. Although I don’t think Everton pressed us quite as intensely as many others have done.

Norwood was given space to control game tonight, jebbison a real prospect can’t wait to see more of him, hope he starts next 2 games

One thing that stuck out for me was the driving runs that some of the lads were making. You had Didzy and Bash proper driving it forward at times and it felt like a glimpse of our former selves.

Back
Top Bottom