Roy's View From... Everton Fans Views On Phil Jagielka

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

“I actually feel sorry for Sheffield United.”

Wonder if he’ll still feel sorry for us when we take four points off them this season. 😜

Only thing that bothers me is the 'speed' comment, a huge strength of Jags. As for Everton, their fans could give Jags and us as much of a glowing report as they can, I want to see them relegated more than any other team given they benefitted from cheating in the past.

A team in blue playing in a rapidly decaying stadium watching their close red neighbours disappear into the distance.... we've seen at close quarters how that can unhinge a fan base and its been happening to Everton for quite some time now. I'm not expecting balanced views to be honest

The last few comments are more about the politics of their club transfer policy than jags himself ,they're just sick of liverpool dickin em every season.

Slightly gutting reading those comments TBH. Makes you think what might have been...

Welcome back Jags, but I wish we'd never put ourselves in a position where we lost you.

No. HE put us in that position...

Roy, you need to do a 'Blades View' from the time Jags went... :)

I think he's a goodsigning - He'll contribute more than just as a player. From a footballing aspect and knowing the club, bringing on the youngsters. I can see him playing the Stewart McCall role. I wonder if he's been given some coaching role too - I think he's been working (or got) the appropriate badges.

No. HE put us in that position...
Nowt to do with Warnock then? You’re saying that our relegation was Jaggy’s fault, not old big nose? So you’ve finally accepted that Sir Neil is a decent manager?

Roy, you need to do a 'Blades View' from the time Jags went... :)

I think he's a goodsigning - He'll contribute more than just as a player. From a footballing aspect and knowing the club, bringing on the youngsters. I can see him playing the Stewart McCall role. I wonder if he's been given some coaching role too - I think he's been working (or got) the appropriate badges.

So did Nowt-Fancy Morgan. The coach that football abandoned.

I’m already weary of this ‘coach’ bollocks. It’s a vital job not a “thank you” for long service. None of you have the slightest idea whether he has any aptitude for coaching and what his football philosophy would be.

It really is Bladey Claptrap, based on nothing more than him playing for us previously.

Cec Coldwell. Cec Fucking Coldwell.

I’m already weary of this ‘coach’ bollocks. It’s a vital job not a “thank you” for long service. None of you have the slightest idea whether he has any aptitude for coaching and what his football philosophy would be.

It really is Bladey Claptrap, based on nothing more than him playing for us previously.

Pinchy, your head’s in the wrong place. Think more Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

Some nice comments and some dick head comments at the bottom, I'd ignore the latter comments, any reasonable fan wouldn't post such crap.

And neither do you, you grumpy git. Negative negative negative.

Absolutely, but given that lack of knowledge, I’m not proposing anyone for a coaching job. I don’t deal in embarrassing Bladey Claptrap.

He captained England. He was Captain of a Premiership team for a while, and the Club Captain of an established premiership club for several years. That shows people who understand the game a hell of a lot more than some nobody from Sheffield realise he's got some leadership qualities to him.

Judging by how he played and conducted himself, he'll not stand for anyone giving it billy big-bollocks.

it really is Wendy claptrap, based on nothing more than him playing for us previously.

Not heard from you much over the last few seasons have we Pinchy, duck. Why might that be? Never happy unless you're whinging.

I'll have nothing said against Cec, in all his playing career his immaculate parting was never disturbed.

Nowt to do with Warnock then? You’re saying that our relegation was Jaggy’s fault, not old big nose? So you’ve finally accepted that Sir Neil is a decent manager?

Catch 22 - or Pinchy’s law.

By claiming we got relegated because of Jags’ handball he has to therefore concede it wasn’t Warnock’s fault, alternatively blame big nose and Jagielka is redeemed.

🤯🤯🤯

He captained England. He was Captain of a Premiership team for a while, and the Club Captain of an established premiership club for several years. That shows people who understand the game a hell of a lot more than some nobody from Sheffield realise he's got some leadership qualities to him.

Judging by how he played and conducted himself, he'll not stand for anyone giving it billy big-bollocks.

it really is Wendy claptrap, based on nothing more than him playing for us previously.

Not heard from you much over the last few seasons have we Pinchy, duck. Why might that be? Never happy unless you're whinging.

Actually you have. Loads and lots and plenty. Nearly always defending our club against people who claim to support it but do nothing except denigrate and demean.

I simply don’t know what pearls of Premier league wisdom Jags will impart upon the team. The Prem is the most watched league in the world and if we don’t know what we’re going to be up against by now we’d deserve to bet relegated. He is a very good stand-in for John Egan no more no less.

Back
Top Bottom