Roy's View From... Everton Fans Views On Phil Jagielka

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Roygbiv

Reaction score

Signed to replace Martin Cranie - he's a huge upgrade, probably also an upgrade on Basham as well

Cheers Roy - listened to you on Beans 's podcast today, enjoyed it and finally found out why they call you weirdo on here 😁

The Everton supporting Director I used to work with texted me to-day. He loves Jags and I reminded him in 2007 of our conversation when he doubted if he would make the grade at Everton. Says there are issues with pace but would be best suited to the central role in a back three.

Very negative there towards the end, not representative of the vast majority

Fuck me Roy, I'm having to have more shits than I'm used to, just so I can read these in piece.
Good work as ever ;)
Looking forward to the Watkins one tomorrow;);)

“Bottom 6 of the PL and top half of the Championship. That’s the top end of his abilities.”

As I’m hoping we finish 6th bottom, at worst 4th bottom, this is good to hear.
Thought the same. Ringing endorsement.

Echo a lot of the comments, stay up, that's it, one target..

Jags will be good enough for that.

Hope Roygbiv starts with the negatives first in the next player signing as I always end up deflated when I get to the end of the comments and they shit on the player..

Have you ever seen the film Threads? This view from is very much inspired by it. A nice homely start then it slowly builds to an horrific ending

It’s been a long, long summer Royston, thanks for this and looking forward to your regular bulletins from t’other side - the world is back to normal. Thanks

this did make me howl with laughter

"you give us 10+ good years mate but fck off now"

😂🤣😅😂🤣😅😂

Slightly gutting reading those comments TBH. Makes you think what might have been...

Welcome back Jags, but I wish we'd never put ourselves in a position where we lost you.

Really surprised at any negative comments for Jags from their fans. I don't think that the negative ones represent what most of their fans think though, but I can't prove that obviously! The comment where one said about signing has-beens is ridiculous. You can't go into a new league with a complete squad of players who've never played at that level before - other than a handful of games. Well, you can, but it would be very naive.

I believe this is where Norwich City are going to struggle since their squad is full of foreign players from the German second division and lesser foreign leagues. It's not a lack of quality that's the problem because you can have decent quality, but I think it helps to have some players who are experienced at the level you're going to.

Mixed bag of comments, most of the serious ones seem to recognise what a true professional he is.

Would I have personally have looked to sign home now? .. No I wouldn’t as his best days are behind him by a distance..

but anyone questioning his heart or integrity can go fuck themselves.

Not really that mixed. Around 75% are really positive, the rest are just the usual soulless brain-dead twats that slag off every departing player cus they think they’re being clever.
Thats the s24su forum for you Gray

Opinions are of course entitled.

But reading this just emphasises the gulf in the grasp of basic footballing knowledge and understanding that “fans” have.

There are some right fucking knumpties out there. Refreshing to see it is not exclusive to the S2 area !!

UTB

Back
Top Bottom