Match Thread Estoril vs Sheff United match thread.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

His finishing will come

He has all the attributes to be a top striker

Id say he is slightly better than jebbinson as he has a better strike and touch IMO

My concern with Osula is ok he's got the youthful power and pace now but as he gets older and his body takes a few knocks and he starts slowing down... What are you left with... not much really imho.

My concern with Osula is ok he's got the youthful power and pace now but as he gets older and his body takes a few knocks and he starts slowing down... What are you left with... not much really imho.

Have you watched him ? I havent seen a player that good at that age as a no9 ?

I don't read to much into friendly matches,and hard to follow on the stream at times.
Sachdev impressed first half,and i like Freckleton eveytime I see him..big fan of Marsh also.
Slimane was the pick of the new lads..outrageous over head kick by Osula,what a goal that would have been.

Liking the look of Slimane.
Started as one of two AMs in a 5-2-2-1, then as the no 10 in a 5-2-1-2 the last 15 minutes. I think he's better suited for the second formation/role when he could operate more centrally. Drifted in and out of the game, but some good contributions. I think we will try him in a holding role as well.

His finishing will come

He has all the attributes to be a top striker

Id say he is slightly better than jebbinson as he has a better strike and touch IMO
Osula and Jebbo the new Giralamo and Slew, accept it they will never be good enough for what we want.
Would love for young players to breakthrough but these two don't have the talent needed to play at this level.

I think he's grown quite a bit the last few years, and I hope it's going to be the opposite. When he gets more control of his long limbs he should improve both in terms of technique, agility and composure.

Second half

They brought their A team to the game. A good test against pacy skilful players which we will face in the EPL.
We look so much better with Berge in the side.
Slimane grew into game and looks a good prospect. Unlucky with shot that hit the bar
Frecklington did well at LCB.
Three up front didn't really work with two midfield players out wide.
Looked better when we went to a 2 and Marsh came on.
Two good saves from Wes.

A good work out against a top Tier Portugese team.
Again, it's pre-season so it shouldn't matter and Hecky was toying with new combinations and new formations, but I felt we needed to shift to 4 in midfield with 1 up front. They kept exploiting the gaps in midfield quite easily whilst we kept running into walls all the time, with little off ball movement.

It'll be interesting to see what Hecky has in mind, but we don't currently have the quality for a two man midfield. We'd be eaten alive in the Premier League.

Again, it's pre-season so it shouldn't matter and Hecky was toying with new combinations and new formations, but I felt we needed to shift to 4 in midfield with 1 up front. They kept exploiting the gaps in midfield quite easily whilst we kept running into walls all the time, with little off ball movement.

It'll be interesting to see what Hecky has in mind, but we don't currently have the quality for a two man midfield. We'd be eaten alive in the Premier League.
It's a big ask for Norwood to play in that formation, but we'll have to see.

It's a big ask for Norwood to play in that formation, but we'll have to see.
No chance in a two man midfield. They'll run straight past him.everytime. I don't want to see him starting full stop in any formation. He did great in the first half of last season and was our best player for a while with RND, but after the new year he faded and it was the same old Norwood. A good game followed by a was he even on the pitch game. He's always been consistently inconsistent and we need consistency week in, week out if we're going to have any chance of staying up.

If we want to push on and improve then the old guard of Fleck and Norwood need forcing to the bench.

????? - Slimane - Berge

It'll be interesting to see who Hecky has in mind.

I think he's grown quite a bit the last few years, and I hope it's going to be the opposite. When he gets more control of his long limbs he should improve both in terms of technique, agility and composure.

I hope so mate. And fwiw I really want him to succeed. He seems like a really nice lad who really wants to succeed (and score lol)

Fingers crossed he keeps working hard on the technical side of his game.

I wasn't impressed with his first game, but agree he was much more comfortable tonight. Maybe just being less nervous having got his debut out of the way, but he looked decent tonight. If we want to send Freckleton on loan maybe Francis could give us some cover, although he may primarily be a development signing. I still expect us to sign a first choice LCB.
I thought Freckleton looked better than Francis in both matches. He could be the surprise of the summer. He looked very comfortable and composed in both matches and didn't come across as an academy player. He stood out amongst Brooks, Sachdev, Osula, Marsh and Neal.

I would have liked to see Buyabu again, he was good on Saturday but left back is going to.be hotly contested. If RND comes back he'll be forth in the list so a loan move wouldn't go amiss for his development.

Does anyone know what's happened to Coulibaly? I'm assuming injured?

I thought Freckleton looked better than Francis in both matches. He could be the surprise of the summer. He looked very comfortable and composed in both matches and didn't come across as an academy player. He stood out amongst Brooks, Sachdev, Osula, Marsh and Neal.

I would have liked to see Buyabu again, he was good on Saturday but left back is going to.be hotly contested. If RND comes back he'll be forth in the list so a loan move wouldn't go amiss for his development.

Does anyone know what's happened to Coulibaly? I'm assuming injured?

Swollen knee, has to go for scans. Snipers started early this season.

Based on what I've seen of the youngsters.

- I don't think Neal/Buyabu/Brooks will break into our team, and will need to leave to develop their career. I think they can all be professionals, and I expect Neal to have a long career in the lower leagues, but his peak is probably be a bottom half of the table Championship team.

- Sachdev/Marsh/Feckleton should be looking at L1-L2 loans

- Osula/Jebbo are both high end prospects I expect they will both be key players for us eventually, but there is not enough space for both in our first team squad in the PL. I loan Osula, keep Jebbo, as I think Jebbo is a better backup for McBurnie.

Haven't had chance to watch the game, but I think 3-4-3 is the best formation or 3-4-2-1
We desperately need a CDM and a LCB anything else after that is a bonus

Wes
Anel, Egan,JLT
Baldock, slimane,CDM, larouci
Berge Ndiaye
Benie
No doubt there's better options to come

He does have pace and power though.

You could make the same comment about Didier Drogba.

To paraphrase Walter White, maybe he is the danger, maybe he is the one giving out the knocks 😂

Back
Top Bottom