Match Thread Estoril vs Sheff United match thread.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Anyone else have commentary?

Disappeared on SUTV after 20 mins?
Same. Stream keeps freezing too. Had to restart multiple times. Won’t be streaming anymore pre-season games. Absolute shite!

Who hit the overhead?

Camera is far from the pitch and no replays:D

Nice overhead from Osula. The commentary on this stream is like a sketch from the fast show but instead of random Chris Waddle's, it's random "Norwood"

Went to the toilet and missed the overhead kick, hopefully we will show it on social media

Davies has had 2 goal kicks in a row where hes smashed it out of play.

It's the Sheffield United way. So annoying when our keepers do this. How hard can it be to keep the ball in play? It's a bloody big field not a back yard backing on to a ten foot.

Rant over.

I think we need to see him when we are under the cosh because he hasn’t had a great deal to do tbf defending wise. He’s comfortable in possession when he has time on the ball but it’s the defending he will be judged on and as of yet he really hasn’t done much of it which is no fault of his own. Hopefully in the next couple of games some real pressure can be put on him which will give us a better idea.
You’d hope so I’d imagine Ndiaye will be putting him through his paces in training.

Don’t Loan Osula out he’s good enough for the prem for me

How many goals would he score in the league Traore has just come from

We looked better going forward when Marsh came on. I thought Freckleton looked good again. Very calm and composed on and off the ball. Again, like the first half too many bad decisions through hesitancy. That's more than likely because they've been training in the extreme heat so they'll tire quicker in matches which will have a negative effect on them.

Overall I thought Sachdev and Freckleton looked good. The defence looked solid in both halves. Nothing to worry about really. It's only match two with disjointed teams made up of a lot of inexperienced players.

It's a pre-season friendly to get the players fit and used to playing again. It doesn't really matter. I'd be more concerned if it was the last pre-season match with a close to full strength line up.

Second half

They brought their A team to the game. A good test against pacy skilful players which we will face in the EPL.
We look so much better with Berge in the side.
Slimane grew into game and looks a good prospect. Unlucky with shot that hit the bar
Frecklington did well at LCB.
Three up front didn't really work with two midfield players out wide.
Looked better when we went to a 2 and Marsh came on.
Two good saves from Wes.

A good work out against a top Tier Portugese team.

Don’t Loan Osula out he’s good enough for the prem for me

How many goals would he score in the league Traore has just come from
Going to be a tough call. Simply not enough game time available to develop Jebbo, Osula, Brewster and Traore. You have to assume that Traore has been bought in to play which means we have to send at least 1 (possibly 2) of the rest out on loan.

I personally thing Jebbo has a really high ceiling, when he starts adding more muscle to that frame I can see him as a future Drogba type player.

Going to be a tough call. Simply not enough game time available to develop Jebbo, Osula, Brewster and Traore. You have to assume that Traore has been bought in to play which means we have to send at least 1 (possibly 2) of the rest out on loan.

I personally thing Jebbo has a really high ceiling, when he starts adding more muscle to that frame I can see him as a future Drogba type player.

I think osula and jebbo both could be anything they want , id like to see them loaned out to a european league no point with the championship i dont think sitting on the bench at stoke would be good for either look at liam delap who was meant to be the next best thing

Get them both to the Eredevise or somehwere like that

Francis looks a lot more comfortable in the middle.
I wasn't impressed with his first game, but agree he was much more comfortable tonight. Maybe just being less nervous having got his debut out of the way, but he looked decent tonight. If we want to send Freckleton on loan maybe Francis could give us some cover, although he may primarily be a development signing. I still expect us to sign a first choice LCB.

Back
Top Bottom