England U21 V Germany @BDTBL

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I looked at how many seats were available a few times recently and it seemed like there weren't many left.
Surprised to see it was only 10k.

The highlights made it look fairly full (probs just clever angles and not showing the empty South Stand) and noise levels sounded okay too.

Ok? The sound of the vuvuzelas was shocking!
Those things need to be banned…
Can’t disagree with that - I just meant it didn’t sound like a half empty ground/stale atmosphere.

Just a bit weird wannit? A few on there worth £50 million a piece but felt like a reserve match

Just left at Ht , not bad but not great either! Cannot believe they didn’t play any from united, guess 1or 2 might come on for the 2nd half! To many families with annoying kids , if this is what the ladies games is going for it’s not for me! Roll on Saturday!
I left before not gunna lie, went to see our lads play but was just like a reserve match. First time I’ve been to Bramall Lane to watch someone else but United, was very strange and personally not a fan but thought it was a great introduction to football for a lot of kids

I'm not sure what point is being made. Both teams qualified for the U21 EUROs some time ago and didn't need the Play Offs. So, it was, in fact, a Reserve match Friendly. Both managers taking the opportunity to try a few different things & players.

I'm not sure what point is being made. Both teams qualified for the U21 EUROs some time ago and didn't need the Play Offs. So, it was, in fact, a Reserve match Friendly. Both managers taking the opportunity to try a few different things & players.
Yes a friendly, but both not far off full strength- Anthony Gordon, Harvey Elliott, Conor Gallagher, Balogun etc, and for them, the winger from Udinese and the centre half (number 4, Thiaw?) who's signed for a few million for AC Milan having been a regular for Schalke. Not really reserves, multi million pound players on show, but very few there watching, flat atmosphere and not always that high on quality.

Great for the kids there yes and great pricing, just not much of an occasion...I guess that's a rough summary of the point.

I think it’s great the club are routinely hosting things like England U-21s, women’s internationals, the Kell Brook fight etc.

Bramall Lane’s history is full of interesting sporting events that are great for the people of Sheffield to get the opportunity to attend and also raise the profile of the club in a positive way. I hope we tender bids for other events, even if it is of little monetary value to the club.

I think it’s great the club are routinely hosting things like England U-21s, women’s internationals, the Kell Brook fight etc.

Bramall Lane’s history is full of interesting sporting events that are great for the people of Sheffield to get the opportunity to attend and also raise the profile of the club in a positive way. I hope we tender bids for other events, even if it is of little monetary value to the club.

It was great to hear Lee Carsley speaking so highly Bramall Lane as well. I cba to search to quote exact word for word, but it was something along the lines of….”There is no better and fitting venue for a England v Germany fixture at any level, than an historic stadium like Bramall Lane”…..

Makes me proud does that…

I've mentioned this "phenomenon" before. But, I've attended "hundreds" of England games abroad. While I can remember the city, etc. I'm very rarely conscious of which club side play in the stadium.

Back
Top Bottom