End of season lap of honour

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

s20Blade

Reaction score
More left behind than the Adkins season? Will it go viral? Will they even bother?

More than the Adkins season? Will it go viral? Will they even bother?
Don't think it'll be anywhere near as toxic.

My overriding emotion this season has been apathy rather than anger, they just aren't good enough. Many deserve stick for their embarrassing levels of fitness and lack of character, but not like that Adkins season.

Will Souza just stand in the centre circle, point a bit, then walk a quarter of a lap and fuck off.
No, he’ll throw his hands in the air the throw them down to his hips again when he realises that nobody is on his wave length again.

Feel for him really, he’s been listening to the Dean Hammond audiobook “doing unseen work” for the last few weeks and so far nobody gets him

Too many of our fans aren’t willing to admit to the golden opportunity we have royally fucked up for spending 3/5 of last seasons in prem.

Most will probably won’t to run on pitch and lick their sweaty arse cracks

If they rename it “lap of apology” then some people may stay behind for it.

A lap of apologies.
Something new but we’ve created new records all season.

I stopped behind after the adkins season and will do the same this season. There are players who got us up and have been a big part of the club for many years who won't be here next season. I think they deserve some appreciation. We didn't get to thank the one's that left last year

Too many of our fans aren’t willing to admit to the golden opportunity we have royally fucked up for spending 3/5 of last seasons in prem.

Most will probably won’t to run on pitch and lick their sweaty arse cracks
Not sure the players work up a sweat playing tbh.

I think it will be useful for the team to do the pitch walk especially to the areas they don’t see much of such as the away team 6 yrd box , The penalty spot etc followed by a slow head bowed slog to a boozer on London Rd ( preferably in pissing rain ) muttering to them selves about how shit they are then wait a a bar for 30 mins because the boozer is so full as most arrived at half time !! Yes ! I would stay around to see that ⚔️

Alternatively I won’t watch because I will be parked outside the players entrance waiting to drive any of them to whichever club they want to go to free of charge

I reckon all the new signings this season, every single one of them, should sit together in the centre circle while those in the squad who've seen us through the past years and actually give a shit pepper them with shots. A bit Sunday League but very fair.

But in fairness, although a couple aren't what they were and get (often deserved) stick on here, I really hope that Norwood, Egan, Baldock, McBurnie and especially Bash (if they are all going) get a proper send off.

There's a fair argument to say this has been the least enjoyable season you could possibly ever imagine as a football fan, never mind Blade. But those have been part of giving us some of our best seasons and memories ever. It'd be a nice touch to get JOC and Fleck back for a proper thank you too.

Then on we go. Clear the decks, put this shit show behind us and start again.

I remember Tony Philliskirk going up for a header once in the centre of the pitch and ducking his head out of the way as a 5 foot 3 inch player got up above him and got his head to the ball.
There was only about 9,000 in attendance that day but everyone broke into laughter.

Maybe they should be made to do a lap whilst everyone just laughs at them.

There should be either one lap of appreciation just for certain players, maybe decided by a fan poll, or two separate ones using the aforementioned approach.

The good group get appreciated and the shitstains get ignored.

Instead it should be a game of raw arse where fans queue up to leather one at Souza and trusty. Direct hit you get a tenner in club cash!

My main concern is that raul might not be on hand to film with his audible commentary as he might find something better to do, like basically any horrible task you can think of.
Given many recent posts, I assume the audible commentary will be raul bellowing 'RATS' at them on an endless loop 😄

End of season awards will be spicier.

Wilder needs to work every hour of every day this summer. If he truly loves the club.

Back
Top Bottom