Ellis Simms

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He's apparently being offered to Champ clubs - so maybe he's not Prem level (yet) despite Everton recalling him in Jan.

Bit odd if so as he always looked decent whenever I saw him. That said, Archer certainly appears to be more Prem ready.
archer would be my number 1 more the finished article than simms

If Simms is available for £5 million or less it's a very good pick-up. It depends on the long-term plan though. Could he play with Jebbo or McBurnie?

Potentially a pathway blocker to Jebbison and Osula? Not sure if he's better as I haven't seen enough of him to make that call.

Might as well sign him, because we'll only let Jebbo and Osula walk on frees

I wouldn't say he's a blocker for either of those. They are both 19, he's 22. That's exactly the sort of age we should be looking at if you ask me. Apart of a loan we aren't going to be signing Archer and I'd rather this than a 28 year old who may go to the AFCON or be on huge wages.

As someone already said, if this is for £5m ish then gerrimin!

Has done nothing to suggest he's any better than those that we've already got the club that half the people here want to fuck off to the Championship to "develop"

archer would be my number 1 more the finished article than simms
We don’t stand a chance of signing any players with a proven ability at PL or high end Championship (loan or contracted).
Not the pond we are fishing in. If there’s us and one other in for a player we would probably if not certainly lose out on the city, training facilities, transfer fee but more likely wages.
That’s how it is unless there’s a buyer and we can drop the begging bowl attitude towards the PL

I would say that Simms is an improvement on Jebbo and Archer at present, not so sure that he is on McBurnie and I can't see us going for Simms baring in mind we have McBurnie. I reckon a move for Archer is more likely as we were linked before. Loan maybe with a view to a permanent?

We don’t stand a chance of signing any players with a proven ability at PL or high end Championship (loan or contracted).
Not the pond we are fishing in. If there’s us and one other in for a player we would probably if not certainly lose out on the city, training facilities, transfer fee but more likely wages.
That’s how it is unless there’s a buyer and we can drop the begging bowl attitude towards the PL
im not so sure but even if your right we should still be in for archer if your theory is correct every player were rumoured to be after is going to slip away from us and we might as well go with what weve got and prepare for another championship campaign

im not so sure but even if your right we should still be in for archer if your theory is correct every player were rumoured to be after is going to slip away from us and we might as well go with what weve got and prepare for another championship campaign
You need to know who to take with a pinch of salt and who to engage

Maybe that’s why the likes of Fleck, Osbourne have been offered new deals and the rest retained. We aren’t planning on staying int PL unless HJSM can work a miracle.
Maybe we would be prepared to sell Anel or Berge to fund a few cheap transfers and a few quid int bank but wages will still be our issue.

I would say that Simms is an improvement on Jebbo and Archer at present, not so sure that he is on McBurnie and I can't see us going for Simms baring in mind we have McBurnie. I reckon a move for Archer is more likely as we were linked before. Loan maybe with a view to a permanent?
Similar to the Man City lads, I'm not sure how Utd would ever afford to sign Archer after a successful loan. If Villa don't want to keep him, he'll go to a higher bidder than Utd

Similar to the Man City lads, I'm not sure how Utd would ever afford to sign Archer after a successful loan. If Villa don't want to keep him, he'll go to a higher bidder than Utd
Only way it’d work is if the purchase option is baked into the deal. Something along the lines of United paying x amount if we stay up. Doubled edged sword though as if the loan was unsuccessful we’d still be tied in to buying him.

Potentially a pathway blocker to Jebbison and Osula? Not sure if he's better as I haven't seen enough of him to make that call.
I haven't seen enough of him either to say whether he's good enough for the PL or not, but I think we need to get away from thinking about blocking Jebbo/Osula. Neither are good enough for the Championship at present, never mind the PL. I hope they develop into that level of player but I've not seen anything so far to think it's anything like guaranteed.

I was thinking on loan perhaps, but you're spot on it would never happen if it was a permanent as it stands.

I haven't seen enough of him either to say whether he's good enough for the PL or not, but I think we need to get away from thinking about blocking Jebbo/Osula. Neither are good enough for the Championship at present, never mind the PL. I hope they develop into that level of player but I've not seen anything so far to think it's anything like guaranteed.
Hecky hasn't either. (See last season)

Recent evidence would suggest not.
Those we've extended recently are undesirables who we've had the extension trigger option with

Jebbison and Osula are young, trendy, desirable things so I doubt we'll have it so easy with them. Hopefully we do have a trigger option with at least one of them but if not we'll struggle to convince them to sign new deals if they're not playing games

If they're not playing they might as well be earning 10× the salary at one of our many youth hoarding PL clubs. If they can't get 10x the salary, they might as well drop down and play regular football

Maybe that’s why the likes of Fleck, Osbourne have been offered new deals and the rest retained. We aren’t planning on staying int PL unless HJSM can work a miracle.
Maybe we would be prepared to sell Anel or Berge to fund a few cheap transfers and a few quid int bank but wages will still be our issue.
regarding fleck and osborn yes weve offered them a contract but no doubt their salary will have been cut drastically i reckon so think theirs every chance both will move on

Back
Top Bottom