Player Suggestion Ehrun Oztumer

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I suspect its down to consistency. He's got the ability but can he do it more.often than not ?

You could have levelled the same accusation at Holmes but because Wilder had him at Northampton and saw him in training day in day out he knows hos personality, how he trains and what hes like as an individusl and thinks the gamble is worth taking

This lad has been shining bright for Walsall for some time now and also with his previous club, how much more consistent can you get? I don't have the slightest doubt that he could cut it at championship level and will be snapped up during the window, sadly not by us.

This lad has been shining bright for Walsall for some time now and also with his previous club, how much more consistent can you get? I don't have the slightest doubt that he could cut it at championship level and will be snapped up during the window, sadly not by us.

It's a pity for the player's sake that not a single club in the Champ share your view then. Obviously, there's time yet in the JTW but if Rotherham are the best offer he'll receive, perhaps you may be mistaken (as per my previous post) on this occasion.

It's a pity for the player's sake that not a single club in the Champ share your view then. Obviously, there's time yet in the JTW but if Rotherham are the best offer he'll receive, perhaps you may be mistaken (as per my previous post) on this occasion.

As you say Mouth of the South, the JTW is still open and I suspect that he will receive better offers than Rotherham. I think you are implying that this lad isn't up to Championship standards I would disagree. Personally speaking he has impressed me every time I have seen him, and hope he is given the chance to prove himself at a higher level.

As you say Mouth of the South, the JTW is still open and I suspect that he will receive better offers than Rotherham. I think you are implying that this lad isn't up to Championship standards I would disagree. Personally speaking he has impressed me every time I have seen him, and hope he is given the chance to prove himself at a higher level.

All about opinions and certainly not implying yours is wrong. Tbh I've seen him on several occasions and he's been very mixed - from pretty much running the game when Utd lost 4-1 ( a difficult game to forget!) to being almost anonymous on other occasions. That, coupled with his size could be the reason that no club in a division higher than L1 has taken a chance on him so far, which I must admit even I'm a bit surprised at.

In terms of Utd, I can't see any way he'd displace Duffy when a more attacking CM is played. I'd also wager he's not as good a player as Brooks or Carruthers although with Brooks looking as though he more likely to play up front and Carruthers not having the best of times and potentially looking as though he may even go out on loan, there may indeed be space for another #10 type (whether there's also budget to allow it is a different matter).

All about opinions and certainly not implying yours is wrong. Tbh I've seen him on several occasions and he's been very mixed - from pretty much running the game when Utd lost 4-1 ( a difficult game to forget!) to being almost anonymous on other occasions. That, coupled with his size could be the reason that no club in a division higher than L1 has taken a chance on him so far, which I must admit even I'm a bit surprised at.

In terms of Utd, I can't see any way he'd displace Duffy when a more attacking CM is played. I'd also wager he's not as good a player as Brooks or Carruthers although with Brooks looking as though he more likely to play up front and Carruthers not having the best of times and potentially looking as though he may even go out on loan, there may indeed be space for another #10 type (whether there's also budget to allow it is a different matter).

I've read one or two posts suggesting much the same as yourself, and it's a point that may have merit. I wonder though if the inclusion of the right manager might be the answer, someone who is able to turn the prodigal son into something that delivers with greater regularity. There's no doubt about EO's technical skill, or his ability to turn on a sixpence, but it's shame that until now he's not had the opportunity to show what he's capable of. In Wilder's case, I think it was a case of going for what he knew, and CW's faith in Holmes was always going to tip the scales in RH's favour. I think Holmes will excite our fans, he's not someone who shirks his duties so maybe this is why Chris chose Holmes. Let's hope that Ricky, as well as the likes of Leonard, manages to make a positive difference and inspires our other players to regain their form.

Let’s not beat around the bush he isn’t up to it in the championship. The best players from league one usually get snapped up quickly after some prolonged success.

Such as Billy Bodin he performed well for 18 months and got his move to the championship.

Oztumer is just an obsession us fans seem to have over him. He is a good player but not someone who would make our team better.

Let’s not beat around the bush he isn’t up to it in the championship. The best players from league one usually get snapped up quickly after some prolonged success.

Such as Billy Bodin he performed well for 18 months and got his move to the championship.

Oztumer is just an obsession us fans seem to have over him. He is a good player but not someone who would make our team better.

I'm not sure that's true Bladezz. Look how long it took us to sign Leonard, there are all kinds of reasons why transfers drag out. Personally speaking, I think this lad will get snapped up by somebody albeit it may be one of this seasons league one front runners. Anyway whether he does or doesn't, he is a footballer who I enjoy watching.

I'm not sure that's true Bladezz. Look how long it took us to sign Leonard, there are all kinds of reasons why transfers drag out. Personally speaking, I think this lad will get snapped up by somebody albeit it may be one of this seasons league one front runners. Anyway whether he does or doesn't, he is a footballer who I enjoy watching.

Your point about looking how long it took us to sign leonard is exactly my point. It was public knowledge and was continous efforts in us / Millwall trying to sign him.

Only rumour is Rotherham to sign him.

Any player we sign under the age of 30 is going to want a minimum 2/3 year deal, and CW/AK will want to be confident that the player has the potential to perform in the Premiership. So, Devante Cole ? Erhun Oztumer ?

For free this should be a no brainer. CW doesn't seem to fancy Holmes and oztumer is 3/4 years younger.
I wouldn’t jump to conclusions about Wilder not fancying Holmes. He’ll get his chance next season.

As for Oztumer- agree. We should try and get him. 17 goals in 50 games is a good haul. Always been impressed by him.

Be interesting to see all of our players with a full pre season. Fleck first few weeks for us was shaky but once they get to grip with our style they can go on and improve.

Think players like Leonard / Evans / Lundstram / Holmes will all prosper.

Hopefully we get our targets through the doors early doors.

With Duffy, Holmes, even Brookes and the option of playing 3 central midfielders is another number 10 actually required? There are many far greater priorities IMHO.

Be interesting to see all of our players with a full pre season. Fleck first few weeks for us was shaky but once they get to grip with our style they can go on and improve.

Those four fill me with so much hope for next season glory...............my tung is in my cheak.

Those 4 are OK players,but i want better i want Neymars and Pogba's,i want thrilling not sending to sleep.

Sign that bloody lad Jon Nolan from Shrewsbury instead. He’s the next Duffy. Forget about the Turkish midget, Higdon would outpace him!

Sign that bloody lad Jon Nolan from Shrewsbury instead. He’s the next Duffy. Forget about the Turkish midget, Higdon would outpace him!

It was reported we had already had a sniff. Shrews were not happy.

The problem we have with signing Otzumer or any other number ten is that we probably only need to sign another player for this area IF/WHEN Brooks leaves. If as usual when we lose our best player, this happens in the last week of the pre-season then we'll be hard pressed to replace Brooks in such a short timescale and no doubt the likes of Otzumer will have signed somewhere else. I guess its whether Wilder decides to sign a number 10 on the basis that he expects to lose Brooks.

As for Otzumer as a player, he is undoubtedly talented and I would like us to sign him, particularly if we are on a lower budget. If the amazing happens and Wilder gets a decent budget then Wilder may well prefer waiting for Nolan, but if Shrewsbury go up I can see his price going beyond our price range or they may make it very hard for us to sign him because they'll know without Nolan they are pretty much relegated, if they go up.

If any of that quartet become regulars in United's team next season then yeah, they may prosper but the team certainly won't. We need to do better. Much better.

For me a switch to 3-4-2-1 from 3-4-1-2 would make some sense with the current playing staff.

Buying two strikers isn't going to be cheap and you may then need to compromise on quality. Getting in a creative attack-minded midfielder with a scoring record of 1 in 3 would serve as a decent move given the circumstances.

It would give you Brooks, Duffy, Holmes and Oztumer competing for 2 roles. It would also play into the hands of our possession based approach and give more opportunity for players to have the ball at feet running forward rather than inevitably playing more with backs to goal as two forwards can do.

It would also sort out your forward options more readily. We sign one forward to compete with Clarke. Billy will remain an important part of the matchday squad giving the option to switch to two up top. You're then going to have Ched missing out most weeks but there for injuries as a bonus rather than a player you may be reliant upon. You don't need to carry too much more than this.

You'd still need a keeper and to look at strengthening the defence but at least your focus is on the matchday XI being improved. If you are intent on bringing in two new strikers, then you are asking a lot to get two better than Clarke and Sharp and if not then why lavish such funds on a sub. Improve the XI should be the mandate, no wasted signing.

I reckon there'd be enough room for him, Brooks, Duffy and Holmes. While Oztumer is mainly a CAM he has also been used at CM, LM and secondary ST. With him you get lots of different options.

In fact, all of our CAMs have either shown that they are better suited in other areas (Brooks) or played most of their career in other positions (Duffy and Holmes) so all of them still have a lot of use even with another player in the mix.

Carruthers can do one though.

I still think he would be an excellent addition to the squad, both as a stand in for Brooks or Duffy when they are out or off form and also as an impact sub a la Peschisolido.

I think we should stay away from League One signings after our January signings...

I think Erhun will go to somewhere like Barnsley,they already have a Walsall connection in Bradshaw.

Back
Top Bottom