Player Suggestion Ehrun Oztumer

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

:eek::eek:
Be interesting to see all of our players with a full pre season. Fleck first few weeks for us was shaky but once they get to grip with our style they can go on and improve.

Think players like Leonard / Evans / Lundstram / Holmes will all prosper.

Hopefully we get our targets through the doors early doors.

I think Erhun will go to somewhere like Barnsley,they already have a Walsall connection in Bradshaw.

? Logical? :tumbleweed:

I think we should sign more players from league 1 after our signing of Fleck......

And Baldock.....
And Clarke.......

Pretty sure they were signed when we were in League One as League One players. We shouldn't be aiming for players that are a risk. Clarke and Fleck did a job for us in Lg1, and were signed as no risk, because they had history at that level.

Pretty sure they were signed when we were in League One as League One players. We shouldn't be aiming for players that are a risk. Clarke and Fleck did a job for us in Lg1, and were signed as no risk, because they had history at that level.

Yes they were League 1 players who are now doing great in the Championship. Are you saying there aren't any League 1 players capable of doing well in the Championship because we're no longer a League 1 team?

All players are a risk. Wednesday signed Rhodes for £8m because he's got history at this level. That worked out well.

Oh, and Baldock was signed when we were a Championship team.

Yes they were League 1 players who are now doing great in the Championship. Are you saying there aren't any League 1 players capable of doing well in the Championship because we're no longer a League 1 team?

All players are a risk. Wednesday signed Rhodes for £8m because he's got history at this level. That worked out well.

Oh, and Baldock was signed when we were a Championship team.

There's still some really good players at League One, less so that can adapt from League two. The problem is in the recent past we've signed players from League One for under 700,000, and they need time to adapt as a whole. If we do sign someone from League One I think they need to be able to hit the ground running if they are to improve us. Last two seasons we've signed players on the whole that we can develop but to improve where we are we need three or four players better than what we have.

League One wise we're looking at the likes of Marriot who would cost us over 2 million at a guess, possibly nearer 3 million. Maddison might do a job too and Otzumer is possibly the exception as a free agent that could improve us. But I think we'll be more likely to look at players on loan from the Prem or to sign other players on permanents from other Championship or PL clubs who in the case of the latter aren't involved in the first teams.

I do love the lower league route but not sure there's many left now from that pond that would improve us- as Wilder said.

Im sure Baldock was one of our first signings as a Championship club.

Available on a freebie now. Bolton, Blackburn and Preston all linked.

I can imagine Preston being in for him. They love a bargain.

Im sure Baldock was one of our first signings as a Championship club.

Maybe so, but that was our first season back. We should be aiming for higher than League One/Two quality players in our 2nd season.

Available on a freebie now. Bolton, Blackburn and Preston all linked.

I can imagine Preston being in for him. They love a bargain.

Thats it i can see it now,he will go to a Championship rival,and we get to see him create and maybe score against us again,and the majority say................what sort of cheese was that.

I’d be surprised if we sign him. He plays a position where we are well stocked and can’t see him being the type to come here just to sit on the bench and take it lightly too..

Also being a free transfer will drive his wages up

More likely to be reflected in his signing bonus rather than wages, but point taken.

Do you think? I was of the belief that when a player is an in demand free transfer, the more club that are interested the more he can ask really

Do you think? I was of the belief that when a player is an in demand free transfer, the more club that are interested the more he can ask really

From what I understand, you're right, but rather than be in the form of an increased salary, it's generally reflected in a large signing on fee. (They get it up front)

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...-talks-to-sign-erhun-oztumer-on-free-transfer

Seems like we're not interested. Fair enough and it'll be interesting to see how he does at Bolton if he goes there, with their long ball play.
to be fair, i think that would be a cracking signing for Bolton. They're in need of strengthening their attack and due to their financial situation, they can only do that through frees and loans. Not a bad player to get on a free whatsoever.

He's nailed on to score against us

Can't see him fitting there style of play, they hoof it upto Le Fondre who is relatively small, imagine them hoofing it up to 5'3 Oztumer...

Can't see him fitting there style of play, they hoof it upto Le Fondre who is relatively small, imagine them hoofing it up to 5'3 Oztumer...

Otzumer will feed off the second balls though down from the headers away from the opposition centre backs. I'm not concerned we've not signed him as we have Brooks, Duffy and Holmes here and even if Brooks leaves I trust Wilder will have a replacement if needed.

Bolton are signing him because they're losing Ameobi to us on a free transfer. Fact.

He is nailed on to score against us or at least have a big influence on the game.

Bolton are signing him because they're losing Ameobi to us on a free transfer. Fact.

He is nailed on to score against us or at least have a big influence on the game.
Ameobi on a free would potentially be a good coup. Versatile (ST/AM/LM/RM), tall (6'4), quick enough and is good on the ball. Has a decent strike but his goal scoring record isn't great at all. Maybe cause he's played different positions aswell as ST but if we are to bring him in where abouts would he play? not clinical as a forward, not sure if he has the range of passing and composure on the ball to be as good or better than the likes of Duffy at AM and he doesn't have the defensive ability to play wing back. Also he's known to be a "lazy" type by Bolton supporters. However, his versatility could be useful and under Wilders management and abiliity to work wonders with players we could get out his full potential which he does have.

Ameobi on a free would potentially be a good coup. Versatile (ST/AM/LM/RM), tall (6'4), quick enough and is good on the ball. Has a decent strike but his goal scoring record isn't great at all. Maybe cause he's played different positions aswell as ST but if we are to bring him in where abouts would he play? not clinical as a forward, not sure if he has the range of passing and composure on the ball to be as good or better than the likes of Duffy at AM and he doesn't have the defensive ability to play wing back. Also he's known to be a "lazy" type by Bolton supporters. However, his versatility could be useful and under Wilders management and abiliity to work wonders with players we could get out his full potential which he does have.

I think Wilder and co would get the best out of him. Whoever gets the best out of him will have a very good player on their hands. I really think he'd be a quality free transfer. He could play off a striker or maybe in the Duffy role. In a different formation he could play on either wing. It would be a real bonus to have someone his size at the top of the pitch. It would be interesting seeing him in a team where there's less pressure on him to be the creative spark - that could possibly lead to more goals.

He’s not strong and not quick. Duffy is not the quickest but at least can mix it a bit and physically hold his own.

Just not sure what the fuss is about Oztumer - hence why I’m not surprised if he ends up at someone like Bolton!

Back
Top Bottom