Player Suggestion Eberechi Eze

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I was only commenting on what I’ve seen. I trust in Wilder’s decisions and if it’s ok with the manager and staff it’s ok with me. I thought Coutts was poor and didn’t have much going for him at first, but he ended up my favourite player.

Bin Morrison off for part of the deal,waste of space and squad number imho.
Eze would be brilliant in rotation with didzy.

Yes, I liked this lad when I saw him play against us last season. If a London club is interested though, he is very likely to stay there.

That is a great price if true. Mousset, Mcburnie, Eze and Robinson. Pace, skill, goals and plenty of years ahead. Wouldn't need to spend on a striker in the summer.

A top quality player with loads more potential given his age. Great skill, pace and the ability to create and make things happen. I’d be very happy if we signed him.

If we are interested I can see freeman going the other way plus ~£8 million and us continuing to pay the difference in his wages.
Clark will be moved on to make way in the squad.
Ravel will be promoted to replace Freeman
Rodwell brought in to bolster the squad as he can play in a number of positions.

Can't see it myself Bertie. Luke swapping playing for a top half Premiership side for Championship strugglers. He's a better player than that.

Puzzling one for me, we already have Freeman who was one of the stand out attacking midfielders in the Championship and we aren't using him...

Puzzling one for me, we already have Freeman who was one of the stand out attacking midfielders in the Championship and we aren't using him...

Maybe Luke is going back as part of the deal? Rumour has it he's not happy at the Lane.

Well what we know about Wilder and Knill is that they can usually get the best from players.
This lad is young, but already has the talent to make him a top player, he just needs someone to get the best out of him.
Wilder might not quite have managed it with Ravel but his record in that is good.

as for the southerner thing being an issue, on occasion some struggle with the change and moving away, but on the other hand some move and it changes their lives for the better. Perhaps growing up and getting away from distractions of old friends and bad acquaintances.
It would all depend on what the lads goals are. If his goal is just to get rich...then he’s probably never going to make the most of himself. If he wants to knuckle down and make himself an England player, devote himself to his game completely like Lunny and Baldock then he’s going to flourish here.
Realistically though, I would be very surprised if this rumour is true. The fee seems low, and perhaps more likely a bit of player agent mischief to get a big move to a team considered to be bigger than us!

the southern thing is massive. If I’m in my early twenties on £30,000 per week I don’t want to be on the pull in The Leadmill, I want to be out in London filling my boots.

Luke Freeman is a good player but I don't think he can play Fleck's role. He's used to playing a roaming AM role at his previous clubs where he doesn't have much defensive responsibility. Fleck's good at playing the LCM role because he's got a combative side to his game, he gets stuck in and knows where he needs to be out of possession. I don't think Freeman's got that, he looks lost at times and as though he's chasing shadows. If we were to play Freeman at CAM ahead of two CM's and allow him to free roam like Duffy did, he'd be excellent I think.

the southern thing is massive. If I’m in my early twenties on £30,000 per week I don’t want to be on the pull in The Leadmill, I want to be out in London filling my boots.

I don’t think that’s the case with Freeman as he has a Mrs who’s pregnant.

I don't buy any of this bullshit about 'can't settle up north /in Sheffield'. It's hardly the other side of the world is it? We live on a tiny island and London - if you really want to go is a two and a half hour train journey max.. or an hour by plane if you can't be arsed with the train.
This is usually the 'fall back' excuse for players who can't or dont want to knuckle down and get in the team.
The one exception I would make is Leon Britton who lasted about five minutes before fucking off back to Swansea....but then he had to play for Kevin Blackwell so who could hold that against him?

What was the deal with Andy butler, he thought walsall was too far away.

What was the deal with Andy butler, he thought walsall was too far away.
Didn’t he have a fall out with clough? Along with all the other centre halves if I remember? I wonder what he said to them? Right lads were gonna do something a bit different, I want our gk to play CM and you guys play last man back?

This is the JTW , no development signings please, proven reliable back up and a goalscorer , then we stay up and sneak into Europe. ....

Didn’t he have a fall out with clough? Along with all the other centre halves if I remember? I wonder what he said to them? Right lads were gonna do something a bit different, I want our gk to play CM and you guys play last man back?
Is that what it was? I remember everyone being happy with the signing then he was off straight away.

Is that what it was? I remember everyone being happy with the signing then he was off straight away.
Yeah I'm fairly sure he fell out with Collins as well, maybe another player as well? Butler is from Yorkshire I think and played for donny after us so I don't think it was anything to do with location.

Butler was pied by Clough. Think Butler was a bit too outspoken for Nigel's liking...he ended up at Donny and was made captain. Rovers fans I know really rated him.

Haha! At least give Soyo a go. I always fill my boots in there whenever I travel back up.

I think it's bullsh*t. They have Manchester on their doorstep if they want to misbehave and there's female quality there that rivals London. When you factor in minimal playing time and intense training then blaming it on "movin oop norf" is easier than looking in the mirror and saying "I need to work harder and be better".

Back
Top Bottom