Early leavers

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Had I lived in Sheffield I’d have stayed as I have for every game since I started going more years ago than I care to think about but as I said before I don’t and Sunday evening trains are limited so at 7-0 I thought bollocks to this I can get an earlier train and miss all the Newcastle fans heading in the same direction. Do I feel a bit guilty? Yes in truth I do but I’m not sure I should seven is enough really.

Anel today was in the top tier of utterly shite and that’s saying something. Looked like he’d rather be anywhere else but on the pitch
Happened to me yesterday with Ajax - Feyenoord. After 0-3 in 40 minutes and firework on the pitch (already the second delay of game) we left the stadium, because we assumed that 'fans' would throw fireworks again after the game would continue.

Came home, turned on the TV and second half was 5 minutes underway and second fireworks on the field and suspended with riots outside of the stadium shortly after.

An hour after I turned on our game against Newcastle, safe to say that it was not the best day football wise...
Are you the bloke I talked to, from Netherlands, at home to Birmingham City a year ago..?...

Nail on head there.

The game nowadays is being reffed by pampered millionaires and they're being encouraged to cheat by most media commentators.

Phrases like
"He's won that penalty" (as if it's a diving competition to convince the ref)
"He felt the contact and went to ground"
"He invited the contact"
"There was enough there for him to go down" etc etc

And then there's the rule changes. Custom made to suit the clubs that hoard 25 top notch players.
Extra players on the bench.
Extra subs allowed.
Half of the outfield players can be changed.
Extra time for the fresh players to have an effect.

And then there's the absolute bolloxology used to explain away the bias to the bigger teams
"Next phase of play", "Natural/ unnatural position", "Just there ... there , look there's slight contact, just enough, I think he's entitled to go down there", "VAR can't intervene there as ...." , "the tackle was too aggressive" (what the fuck? It's either a foul or it's not)

The bias and lack of basic common sense refereeing always seems to be explained away with another slight rule change.

Gordon handled the ball yesterday that enabled him to keep control and pass it to the goalscorer but because he himself didn't score, that's ok.
For the second goal Wes pulled off a save which gave them the corner. Had Wes not saved it, the goal would have been disallowed and a free kick to us. Total lack of common sense.
Total lack of common sense is exactly what you get when the rule makers do not know the game have never played the game and have never actually sat and watched the game season after season as a supporter.

Fans pay their money and are perfectly entitled to leave early if they feel like it.

Personally I never choose to leave a match early as it seems the equivalent of booing the team off. I always want to give them encouragement for the next match.
I’m not no, sorry

Fair enough. Are you the bloke from Botswana that I talked to in Spar before the Rochdale game in 2016-17!

This thread reminds me of a story about George Best being interviewed on Parkinson in the 70s.

Michael asks George,

Tommy Docherty was famous for banning sex the night before a game and you were famous for breaking that rule, what’s the closest to kick off you had sex.

And George answers ‘Half time’

Anyone know if that’s actually true, hoping it is.

This thread reminds me of a story about George Best being interviewed on Parkinson in the 70s.

Michael asks George,

Tommy Docherty was famous for banning sex the night before a game and you were famous for breaking that rule, what’s the closest to kick off you had sex.

And George answers ‘Half time’

Anyone know if that’s actually true, hoping it is.
Aye, very close were the Man Utd lads.

Tbh I was far more gutted the week before at Spurs. I thought it was in the bag and was internally glowing at the very unlikely 3 points we had gained. Those 2 goals really fucked me off. I was absolutely gutted.

The 0-8 ..... I was more gobsmacked than gutted. We gave up our previous game plans and went more toe to toe with Newcastle. You can't do that against the big boys. Everything went their way - especially the circumstances of the first 3 goals. But of course, it was an absolute hammering. I was just praying they didnt get 9. I know it's sad really, but all I was thinking was ......... pigs lost 8-0 to them, so any piggy bastard who tries to gloat to me is going to get a gob full.

I stayed to the end and clapped the players off - especially Gus who walked up towards the kop and looked us in the eye. Top man, and top player. Anybody can support the team when times are good - easy init - it's when times are bad that we need to show solidarity.

I can't wait for West Ham tomorrow. Come on you mighty Blades ⚔️ ⚔️ ⚔️

Back
Top Bottom