Documentary: Out Run. Out Fight. Out Play.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Halfway through and amazing doco so far we're so spoilt.

Watching the Ili parts is heartbreaking especially the singing his name before world cup break. He'll never experience that adulation again, however fully appreciate its an amazing memory for him and wish him the best.

It is a really well made documentary. It highlighted the contribution made by so many, for example, and perhaps surprisingly, Lowe, Bogle, Jebbison and Brewster appeared to feature throughout, along with the usual suspects. There was a twinge of sadness with every sight of Illy and Berge, but that was very last season.

FFS, I do miss Illi 😭
Makes you realise he was daft to leave. If he watches that he’ll probably realise how happy he was and how it’s not panning out as he envisaged at all.

Same to a degree with Sander. Can’t imagine Burnley will take to him as much or that they’ll have a role that makes the most of his talents.

Makes you realise he was daft to leave. If he watches that he’ll probably realise how happy he was and how it’s not panning out as he envisaged at all.

Same to a degree with Sander. Can’t imagine Burnley will take to him as much or that they’ll have a role that makes the most of his talents.
It's all a bit odd really. I've no doubt that outside forces were putting pressure on Ndiaye to make the move to Marseille. I think he was happy to stay with us - you don't leave a move to the very last minute like that if you're sure in your mind that you want to move to your boyhood club.

Berge's a weird one. He describes the promotion celebrations after WBA as the "best moment of his life", but we've been led to believe that he put in transfer requests every window. I wonder if he thought he HAD to leave the club to progress his career as opposed to actually WANTING to leave a club where he seemed happy. Probably agents and his national manager putting pressure on him to move...and then us in the final year year of his contract so we can get a fee.

The one I feel bad for is Tommy Doyle - talks very lovingly in the doc about his year with us, appears to have really fit in with team and had cemented a pivotal role in the line up by the end of the season. Bet he's gutted he's not back with us this season, especially after seeing his mate McAtee rejoin.

Wonder if the lads who have left will have a cheeky watch of the documentary and regret their decisions slightly.

Anyone else think the big friendly ginger giant who meets the new players was IngoodNick like I did, briefly??

This was basically all the social media game footage with interviews added in, which was ok, but I was slightly disappointed as I was expecting more.

With them calling it a documentary, I thought it would be similar to the Wrexham, Sunderland, Salford etc. documentaries. I was expecting a bit more behind the scenes stuff from the dressing room, board room etc.

This was basically all the social media game footage with interviews added in, which was ok, but I was slightly disappointed as I was expecting more.

With them calling it a documentary, I thought it would be similar to the Wrexham, Sunderland, Salford etc. documentaries. I was expecting a bit more behind the scenes stuff from the dressing room, board room etc.
I thought it was brilliantly done without revealing too much. Why would you want anyone else seeing behind the scenes stuff from the current management team going into a top flight season, where every minor detail makes a difference? Not digging at you just saying.

I thought it was brilliantly done without revealing too much. Why would you want anyone else seeing behind the scenes stuff from the current management team going into a top flight season, where every minor detail makes a difference? Not digging at you just saying.

It was just that my expectations were risen by it being called a documentary, when it was pretty much a season review video. I didn’t really see anything new.

Don’t get me wrong, it was enjoyable seeing action from our promotion season, but it definitely wasn’t what I would describe as a documentary when you compare it to other recent documentaries of other clubs or going back many year, the Warnock documentary and United documentary.

It was just that my expectations were risen by it being called a documentary, when it was pretty much a season review video. I didn’t really see anything new.

Don’t get me wrong, it was enjoyable seeing action from our promotion season, but it definitely wasn’t what I would describe as a documentary when you compare it to other recent documentaries of other clubs or going back many year, the Warnock documentary and United documentary.
Fair enough. Depends on your own definition of a documentary. Call it what you will, me and my lad loved reliving it.

It's all a bit odd really. I've no doubt that outside forces were putting pressure on Ndiaye to make the move to Marseille. I think he was happy to stay with us - you don't leave a move to the very last minute like that if you're sure in your mind that you want to move to your boyhood club.

Berge's a weird one. He describes the promotion celebrations after WBA as the "best moment of his life", but we've been led to believe that he put in transfer requests every window. I wonder if he thought he HAD to leave the club to progress his career as opposed to actually WANTING to leave a club where he seemed happy. Probably agents and his national manager putting pressure on him to move...and then us in the final year year of his contract so we can get a fee.

The one I feel bad for is Tommy Doyle - talks very lovingly in the doc about his year with us, appears to have really fit in with team and had cemented a pivotal role in the line up by the end of the season. Bet he's gutted he's not back with us this season, especially after seeing his mate McAtee rejoin.

Wonder if the lads who have left will have a cheeky watch of the documentary and regret their decisions slightly.
Had we been led to believe that Berge had put in a transfer request in every window? Not sure on that one.

All I knew was he was offered new deals but declined so we sold him to get summat.

Doyle, sad as he was clearly ripe for another loan but we couldn’t loan two from city and signing him wasn’t possible as he couldn’t take the relegation wage drop if we go down. Source: hecky

Had we been led to believe that Berge had put in a transfer request in every window? Not sure on that one.

All I knew was he was offered new deals but declined so we sold him to get summat.

Doyle, sad as he was clearly ripe for another loan but we couldn’t loan two from city and signing him wasn’t possible as he couldn’t take the relegation wage drop if we go down. Source: hecky
There were NO paper reports that Berge had put in transfer requests, only reports that he hadnt agreed to sign the new contract offer.

Just watching through this - it's really good.

Illi clapping the fans singing his name before the WC break at Cardiff, I miss the boy 😭
Hopefully he misses us too.

Be great if they strengthened in early January and we got him back.

His Mrs is still in Sheffield with the kids a LOT.
Don't know if she stayed here, or what?!?

It’s not a season review in my book unless it’s got a be-mulleted Radio Hallam DJ doing the links between matches, and fuzzy graphics round the league tables.

I'm still watching this is in brief installments in our house. Yes. I know...

What I will say is, on this account of their season, the players have monster mentalities. We expect the same owd, same owd, Sheffield United fucking it up, because we're bruised and battered Blades, with a lifetime of those experiences. But this lot, come across as so self-assured, composed, totally back themselves and one another. The examples of them being comfortable to see our narrow leads, in games with the chasing pack closing the gap. At the time, many of us were bricking it, but they believed. Monumental.

That's credit to every last one of them, and the coaching staff. Up the chuffing Blades.

Back
Top Bottom