Do you feel we will stay up?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Do you think we will stay up?

• Yes

Votes: 119 45.2%
  • No

Votes: 144 54.8%

• Total voters
Agree on this, they concede too many for the prem, think we’ll just scrape safety, felt there was enough on show today, that once the team has had time to gel we’ll build up a head of steam, similar to forest last year
Norwich Mark 2 so far, scored goals for fun in the Championship to take the title but woeful in the Premier league conceding goals for fun.

Confidence plays a big part. How confident will the players be after September/October.

Three homes out of the four opening games and only one point to show for it. Admittedly my expectation was only 2 points from the opening 4 games, so I shouldn't be too annoyed really.

My worry is the calamitous pairing of Anel and Egan, where we have no cover other than Basham to replace them. Anel looked more composed playing central as Egan's replacement, but that would then leave Basham as a starter to cover for Anel. Before this the back three were a shambles and they made me very nervous. Going forward we looked capable of scoring, but at the back we always looked likely to concede due to errors and central midfield failing to provide defensive cover.

I'd like them to work on set piece defending crosses during the international break, but Baldock, Anel and Egan will be away with their respective countries, so long as Egan hasn't picked up a worse knock today. So we're unlikely to have this addressed by the time the next match comes round.

Berge wouldn't sign a new contract as he didn't want to commit and risk being back in the Championship. Oh, the irony. I hope for his sake he has a release clause in his contract or we'll be seeing him back at Bramall Lane next season when we're both competing for promotion.

as of now I don’t think we have the quality in depth, and the injuries still seem to be haunting us, so at this stage no, BUT with a bit of luck, and if we can continually improve, specifically in defence we may have a chance, so long to go in the season. Today was encouraging, if we do go down we have a great chance to build as this team would storm the champ.

Today confirmed to me that we will struggle to stay up. Everton a supposedly bottom 6 team were physically bigger, stronger, faster and pacier. Glad we got a point as we battled hard all game but we never won a second ball all afternoon in midfield and like Palace they just passed through us with ease.

Another goal conceded because we failed to deal with a ball in the air at the back. Thats 4 out of 7. The problem is not
going away yet Trusty continues to drag his heels on the bench.

The flat 3 in the middle didn't work yet we did little to change formation throughout the game when it was crying out for us to bring an extra body in the middle. The absence of a left footed midfield player didn't help matters as we looked unbalanced. Everton pressed us all game and we rarely had the where with all to beat this opting to punt it long for Mcb who had an excellent game and was one of the few players who physically stood up to Everton. Dyches post match comments are laughable. At times it was men v boys as we continually got caught in possession or knocked off the ball.

We looked better at the back with Anel playing central but the defence as a whole got no protection from midfield who were treading treacle at times.

Yet in Archer we have a natural goal scorer who turned the game on its head when we were being outfought. We will have to perform much better if we are to achieve our first win.

The one part of the team that I thought would be fine (the defence) seems to be the biggest worry at the moment. Not sure what is going on with Egan or Anel, but they look all over the place and the LWB position remains a concern.

Midfield looks class though and the the fact that we are scoring is encouraging.

If the defence can sort themselves out, I have a sneaky feeling we will be ok, just.

I actually thought Dyche was trolling us with his comments on physicality

I thought we has the foundation of a half decent side... although one that is still getting used to each other. So many passes of play where 2 people went for the same ball or no one went.

I think vini and hamer look like the making of a great midfield.

Think our buys will become good even if need a lit of work. Laroucie going forward looked positive, his defensive work... not so much.

Archer is a great signing and showed today what he is there for and what he will do. Good work rate too.

I am worried now about our lack of alternative though. Benie looks so lightweight, I can't see how we will make use of him this year.

All in all, I think we stay up, just. And if we go down it won't be as the whipping boys everyone has made us out to be.

I thought we has the foundation of a half decent side... although one that is still getting used to each other. So many passes of play where 2 people went for the same ball or no one went.

I think vini and hamer look like the making of a great midfield.

Think our buys will become good even if need a lit of work. Laroucie going forward looked positive, his defensive work... not so much.

Archer is a great signing and showed today what he is there for and what he will do. Good work rate too.

I am worried now about our lack of alternative though. Benie looks so lightweight, I can't see how we will make use of him this year.

All in all, I think we stay up, just. And if we go down it won't be as the whipping boys everyone has made us out to be.
Souza and Hamer do look good but which one will miss out to McAtee, as let's face it, Norwood will never be dropped by Hecky.

I honestly don't know if we will or won't but the fact that our goal difference is so much better than the teams below us gives me a bit of confidence as Burnley and Luton seem to just be shipping goals

Souza and Hamer do look good but which one will miss out to McAtee, as let's face it, Norwood will never be dropped by Hecky.
Sounds daft but if it was a choice I would stick with those 2. Only because mcatee isn't actually our player. Maybe that sniper at shirecliffe could do us a favour with Norwoods hamstring...

Today confirmed to me that we will struggle to stay up. Everton a supposedly bottom 6 team were physically bigger, stronger, faster and pacier. Glad we got a point as we battled hard all game but we never won a second ball all afternoon in midfield and like Palace they just passed through us with ease.

Another goal conceded because we failed to deal with a ball in the air at the back. Thats 4 out of 7. The problem is not
going away yet Trusty continues to drag his heels on the bench.

The flat 3 in the middle didn't work yet we did little to change formation throughout the game when it was crying out for us to bring an extra body in the middle. The absence of a left footed midfield player didn't help matters as we looked unbalanced. Everton pressed us all game and we rarely had the where with all to beat this opting to punt it long for Mcb who had an excellent game and was one of the few players who physically stood up to Everton. Dyches post match comments are laughable. At times it was men v boys as we continually got caught in possession or knocked off the ball.

We looked better at the back with Anel playing central but the defence as a whole got no protection from midfield who were treading treacle at times.

Yet in Archer we have a natural goal scorer who turned the game on its head when we were being outfought. We will have to perform much better if we are to achieve our first win.
Agree with almost all this. Just to add - On todays evidence Thomas strengthens that defence no end.

We will not avoid relegation for reasons outlined.

Most teams are bigger physically than us and faster.

We have not yet gelled as a team and won’t have until it’s left us too much to do.

Today the midfield unit were woeful not once did they press in a 2 or 3 just one player went and when that happens the teams just pass through us.

We will have good moments and games and we will get more than Derbys total.

But avoid relegation no.

We will not avoid relegation for reasons outlined.

Most teams are bigger physically than us and faster.

We have not yet gelled as a team and won’t have until it’s left us too much to do.

Today the midfield unit were woeful not once did they press in a 2 or 3 just one player went and when that happens the teams just pass through us.

We will have good moments and games and we will get more than Derbys total.

But avoid relegation no.
That's my only concern of playing Hamer, Souza and McAtee together, which I'm all for. McAtee isn't known for his defensive work and Hamer is more attack minded than defensive, so that lays all responsibility on Souza when we've not got the ball unless the full backs come inside to offer cover if McAtee and Hamer are left high while a counter attack starts.

Away fro
That's my only concern of playing Hamer, Souza and McAtee together, which I'm all for. McAtee isn't known for his defensive work and Hamer is more attack minded than defensive, so that lays all responsibility on Souza when we've not got the ball unless the full backs come inside to offer cover if McAtee and Hamer are left high while a counter attack starts.
away from home play Archer flanked by Macatee and Hamer

Play Norwood and Souza as CDMs.

Get the wing backs right up

Away fro

away from home play Archer flanked by Macatee and Hamer

Play Norwood and Souza as CDMs.

Get the wing backs right up
That works for me, harsh on McBurnie, but offers protection in midfield.

I've looked through our fixtures and have us finishing on 27 points including today and I'm being fairly generous. Like a few have said, I don't expect us to stay up but I think we'll not be embarrassed

I think Burnley will finish bottom, and Luton won’t be far ahead of them. The third relegation spot I reckon will be between us, Wolves, Fulham and maybe one other like a Bournemouth. Everton will be safely mid table I feel.

No, we will go down. I don’t think we have an identity at all. We just seem like an aimless bunch of blokes having a kick about with no plan. We will go down and no one outside Sheffield will even realise we were in the premiership this year because we are just meh…unless the management can turn it round, which is doubtful.

We’re four games in, there’s no way of telling how good ourselves or any other team are yet in comparison with everyone else.

No. We have lost to palace, Forrest and not beat Everton. All 3 will be "in the mix" and we looked like plucky underdogs in two of those games.

You can point to we will be stronger after the window but so will they

We have one point. I don't think it too much of a stretch of the imagination to think it could be 5 ( two late goals conceded, 1 great save today) and given it gets harder now I think its not going to be as disastrous as we feared, but a noble , brave but ultimately doomed effort.

If we walk away as entertained as today, can we really expect better?

To be “on track” to hit the survival figure of 40 points we need to be north of 10 points by the 10th game. That’s three wins out of the next six. The next six fixtures are:-

DF623B64-7B58-4565-AA83-B8367FF73FBA.jpeg

One of the reasons I’ve been so grumpy about not getting the business done on time is that we’ve had a relatively easy set of fixtures. Arguably the easiest run of the season.

Back
Top Bottom