Do one Merson.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Tim Sherwood who drew the short straw to watch us managed to say we played well today , but through gritted teeth

and just for reference thought Berkeley and Townsend were really poor today
actually we made them look poor

Tim Sherwood who drew the short straw to watch us managed to say we played well today , but through gritted teeth

and just for reference thought Berkeley and Townsend were really poor today
actually we made them look poor
Tim Sherwood- Souzo??? At least get our players names right.

The addled illiterate had to have whoever was adjacent to help him say the names of the Brighton players.

What did he say that was wrong or derogatory to us?
I'm pretty sure Luton fans were turning up expecting to win. And every neutral fan would have liked to see them get three points.
Victim mentality is incredible in our fanbase.

To be fair to Merse, that's what most blades seem to have thought
Check out the official Facebook posts for instance

I'm pretty sure Luton fans were turning up expecting to win. And every neutral fan would have liked to see them get three points.
This wasn’t anything to do with ‘victim mentality’ (for me at least).

Merson said he hoped Luton won, we won, so ha ha.

Is how I’d sum up my reaction to that.

To be a pundit you have to

1. State the obvious
2. Be very derogatory towards the underdog
3. Never state the score but suggest a hammering
4. State the money spent on expensive players

then if it all goes wrong

1. Expensive players not having his usual game (off day)
2. Underdog has 11 players behind the ball
3. Underdog playing long ball
4. Expensive team having no luck
5. Refereeing is poor

it helps if they can’t string 2 words together let alone matching brain cells (Merson Morrison to name 2) and then refer back to the Garth Crooks book of obvious phrases and there you have it AI Football punditary for under 5’s.

Agree....let's be honest here. Luton Town is a great story and if not us....then I'd love them to stay up.
Think it shows how tinpot some of our fan must have become if we're jealous of a nothing club like Luton.

Reminds me of how some Wednesday fans have this hatred and rivalry towards little Rotherham United.
How can any United or Wednesday fan have a jealousy or hatred towards our neighbours the Merry Millers.

The problem with media reporting about us is......we don't generally look comfortable on the ball....like you'd expect from a PL team. When you check the stats.....we hardly have any possession and don't tend to have as many shots either.
Also there's a lazy kick and rush, hard working "Sheffield steel" reputation that started with the Bassett and Warnock teams. It's so easy for a pundit that hasn't got a club say "you know what you'll get with Sheffield United, that's hardworking and organisation". Here's me thinking Man City and Liverpool are probably the hardest working teams and most organised teams in the PL, so why dont pundits describe those clubs that way.

He was generally pro Luton because they were having more attacks.
However right at the very end on full-time .....Sherwood did praise us.

He said this match wasn't a case of Luton playing poorly, he said Luton played well
had plenty of attacks but the shelf Utd defence defended well and was generally comfortable.
Said it was a case of Sheffield United just finished their chances better and overall deserved to win.

Last edited:
Nothing at all.

Some of our fans get upset by the tiniest things.

And just because he says he hopes Luton win he gets shit about his addiction issues.

Agree....let's be honest here. Luton Town is a great story and if not us....then I'd love them to stay up.
Think it shows how tinpot some of our fan must have become if we're jealous of a nothing club like Luton.

Reminds me of how some Wednesday fans have this hatred and rivalry towards little Rotherham United.
How can any United or Wednesday fan have a jealousy or hatred towards our neighbours the Merry Millers.

The problem with media reporting about us is......we don't generally look comfortable on the ball....like you'd expect from a PL team. When you check the stats.....we hardly have any possession and don't tend to have as many shots either.
Also there's a lazy kick and rush, hard working "Sheffield steel" reputation that started with the Bassett and Warnock teams. It's so easy for a pundit that hasn't got a club say "you know what you'll get with Sheffield United, that's hardworking and organisation". Here's me thinking Man City and Liverpool are probably the hardest working teams and most organised teams in the PL, so why dont pundits describe those clubs that way.

He was generally pro Luton because they were having more attacks.
However right at the very end on full-time .....Sherwood did praise us.

He said this match wasn't a case of Luton playing poorly, he said Luton played well
had plenty of attacks but the shelf Utd defence defended well and was generally comfortable.
Said it was a case of Sheffield United just finished their chances better and overall deserved to win.
The irony of your post calling Luton a nothing club.

Back
Top Bottom