Gone Elsewhere Divock Origi

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Forest presumably replacing Johnson with Origi. I would just love it, love it, if they got relegated! I seriously don't think there's much in it between us and them. Maybe Origi will prove to be a decent signing, but they'll miss Johnson a lot though.

Forest presumably replacing Johnson with Origi. I would just love it, love it, if they got relegated! I seriously don't think there's much in it between us and them. Maybe Origi will prove to be a decent signing, but they'll miss Johnson a lot though.
I agree with all of that except they do have Elanga to come straight in. Elanga, Gibbs-White and Awoniyi with Origi as back up is enough to keep them up however poor they are in other areas.

I agree with all of that except they do have Elanga to come straight in. Elanga, Gibbs-White and Awoniyi with Origi as back up is enough to keep them up however poor they are in other areas.
I don't particularly rate Steve Cooper, he's spent an absolute fortune there and he always had decent players at Swansea until they left and then he left too and waited for a better opportunity. That's his prerogative but I don't think he's as good as some think he is. We'll see. Forest have a better team than us, but not significantly and I reckon come the end of the season there won't be much in between the two teams positions. Our team spirit is second to none and that will definitely help us I think.

They've also signed Hudson-Odoi and some 30m midfielder from Holland. Apparently they were so close to FFP breach that they had to wait for David Johnson's son to agree a deal before they could buy.

Also signing some Greek sounding keeper from Portugal.

They've also signed Hudson-Odoi and some 30m midfielder from Holland. Apparently they were so close to FFP breach that they had to wait for David Johnson's son to agree a deal before they could buy.

Johnson deal not done yet, I would laff my tits off if he failed medical

I don't particularly rate Steve Cooper, he's spent an absolute fortune there and he always had decent players at Swansea until they left and then he left too and waited for a better opportunity. That's his prerogative but I don't think he's as good as some think he is. We'll see. Forest have a better team than us, but not significantly and I reckon come the end of the season there won't be much in between the two teams positions. Our team spirit is second to none and that will definitely help us I think.
Yeah, think it's the case of they have a stronger squad but we have the better team. Like you said we'll see but I do quite like Cooper and think most of those players were put on him and only now is he managing to weadle through it and they now look average rather than poor. Hope your right though and we're above then come the end.

Yeah, think it's the case of they have a stronger squad but we have the better team. Like you said we'll see but I do quite like Cooper and think most of those players were put on him and only now is he managing to weadle through it and they now look average rather than poor. Hope your right though and we're above then come the end.
I really don't like him to be honest, didn't like how he bailed on Swansea and his assessment of the recent game v us was that they dominated I seem to recall. That's not what the national media said. You're right he's done well in terms of he hasn't signed some of the players but maybe the ones he wanted were in part the ones who have now left, like O'Brien, guess we'll never know there!

I really don't like him to be honest, didn't like how he bailed on Swansea and his assessment of the recent game v us was that they dominated I seem to recall. That's not what the national media said. You're right he's done well in terms of he hasn't signed some of the players but maybe the ones he wanted were in part the ones who have now left, like O'Brien, guess we'll never know there!
He gets a lot of stick for the way he looks (appreciate you didn't mention that) and his comments after our game were odd but when Slav was appointed I was all for him coming to us. Wouldn't now swap him for who we have but think he's one of the better British managers about.

He gets a lot of stick for the way he looks (appreciate you didn't mention that) and his comments after our game were odd but when Slav was appointed I was all for him coming to us. Wouldn't now swap him for who we have but think he's one of the better British managers about.
No I didn't mention that but I have not on here I must admit, but that's not either here nor there. If he does well without money I'll change my opinion. Hecky did really well at Barnsley on a shoe string, granted they had some good players but that impressed me. Forest almost sacked Cooper last season but that would have been stupid for sure. In 5/10 years time we'll see how Cooper has done. He's certainly better than many higher profile managers like Lampard and Gerrard.

Would have been great with Mousse up top 😂

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-09-29-13-24-12-18_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-09-29-13-24-12-18_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg
    888.3 KB · Views: 72

Odysseus (excuse the spelling). Greek international keeper. The Portuguese league is so poor I think Benfica’s defence would make me look good and I’m 53 with biscuit knees…..

Back
Top Bottom