Dirty Sheffield United?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We’ve only given so many fouls away due to the theatrics of the pampered fuckers in this league. The refs are as soft as shit and fall for everything.

Benteke is a big feller, well the big, daft, crap piece of string bean couldn’t stay on his feet and fell down every time someone burped near him, him and the ref were pathetic on Sunday.

.....and don’t get me started on that cunt Fraser. 🤬

We’re not dirty but that might change when Mo Besic gets a runout. 🙈🤣
Wish I had wrote that post, very well said Sir

Bleeding hell. We have the high count already and we haven't even let Mo Besic set foot on the pitch yet. It's going to be carnage by the end of the season.
I had never heard of Mo Besic until we signed him, now I have read 2 posts alluding to the fact he’s a headcase, can’t wait to see him play now

I had never heard of Mo Besic until we signed him, now I have read 2 posts alluding to the fact he’s a headcase, can’t wait to see him play now
I think we could see both Lundstram and Besic in the same team against the top sides in the division.

He’s not an headcase, he’s just solid. (Snigger, snigger, snigger) 😁

We commit a lot of clever fouls. Might get the odd booking but don’t really get sent off a lot.

I think we could see both Lundstram and Besic in the same team against the top sides in the division.

He’s not an headcase, he’s just solid. (Snigger, snigger, snigger) 😁

Can’t wait for the Blackburn game

I really liked Dyche’s comment about what other sport allows players to cheat once per game. I’d never really thought about diving in those terms, but he’s absolutely right.

Baldock was quite fortunate to stay on the pitch on Sunday, of course by Prem standards but nevertheless
But I thought yellows were checked by VAR and if necessary upgraded to a red, so he wasn't fortunate at all.

Some owls fan on another site picked up on our 16 foul count called us dirty twats .
Funny thing is on BBC site millwall 1 swfc 0 Wednesday commited ,you guessed it 16 fouls

21 fouls commited tonight.

Palace absolutely hated the fact that there was basically hardly a single pass that they made without one of our players steaming in with a tackle. Yes we might give away a few fouls but I can live with that.

A lot of the time we’re going to be up against better technical players, we need to be making it as difficult as possible to play - like we did for Zaha.

But I thought yellows were checked by VAR and if necessary upgraded to a red, so he wasn't fortunate at all.
Nope, would have only corrected a clear mistake - just as in if a red had been brandished it wouldn't have been downgraded to a yellow. 'Umpires call' in cricketing terms.

I don't think in the first 2 games we have been any different from the last few seasons but Premiership fans and pundits certainly seem to think we are a physical side. Even the ones who have been complimentary on our style have talked about how tough we are.

Its a very different league to the Championship and challenges that seem normal to us , and other teams who have been outside the top flight for a while, seem to be seen as overly agressive to those who only watch top flight stuff.

The work rate we put in on Sunday has also been mentioned a lot. People saying we can't play with that intensity every week. Again, I don't think we were any less hardworking and commited throughout last season. I think people believe that our display was full blooded due to the occasion and we won't keep it up but we have been like this for pretty much 3 seasons straight now.

2 games in and Wilder has already alluded to the fact that we're going to have to become more "streetwise".

Perhaps it a generational thing, but I'm already finding the frequent sight of athletic and physically imposing men hurling themselves to the floor because they've received that 'touch' which means 'they're entitled to go down', utterly embarrassing. What sort of bubble do these overpaid primadonnas live in, such that they don't seem to be in any way self-conscious about how laughably pathetic they look when they are falling about? Grown men, for God's sake.

Bournemouth's forwards were bad but with Palace, it appears to afflict the entire team.
If I could I'd give you a thousand likes for that. Exactly how I feel.

'One aspect to keep an eye on, though: Manchester City averaged 8.63 fouls a game last term, but with 27 fouls conceded after two games this season (only Sheffield United have more), that average is currently 13.5 per game, compared to Liverpool's 7.5. '

Very early days of course, but I'm quite surprised by that as I didn't realize anything abnormal from our first two games. It's a tag thrown at us a lot because of lazy punditry and opposition fans presuming Wilder's teams are similar to Warnock. Is there any modicum of truth in it though?

If we look at the Championship Fair play table from last year we don't do too badly finishing in the top half: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/fairnesstabelle/wettbewerb/GB2/plus/?saison_id=2018

However if you just look at fouls we committed 224 across the season, only Leeds and Derby had more (both clubs ironically media darlings and labelled connoisseurs of the beautiful game)

The upside to that is our 'fouls to cards' is pretty good, showing that the fouls we commit aren't dangerous or particularly 'dirty'.

Are the fouls we commit particularly tactical or of a certain nature? I wouldn't say we are a dirty team, but the foul stats would indicate that it could be fair to describe us as more 'niggly' than most, whilst at the same time when we're in possession playing champagne football.

As I said I haven't noticed any particular trends so interested in others think

My concern here is that I made the assumption that referees in the Premiership would be better quality than the poor crop in the Championship ...... well so far that doesn't appear to be correct.

The ref vs Palace was poor and inconsistent; he allowed himself to be conned very easily by Palace's "street-wise" players, who dropped to the ground like a bag of cement at the slightest hint of a touch and yet (for example) a clear foul on McBurnie (high foot) was waved away because he declined to throw himself on the floor.

I really wouldn't like to see our players behaving in the same way as cheats like Zaha, Grealish and Maddison ....... but it seems that our policy of staying on our feet unless hit with a pickaxe is going to seriously disadvantage us with the Premiership referees. At this early stage it appears that the only improvement over the Championship referees is that they know the "established" Premiership players by their first names ...... :oops:😏😏😏

UTB & FTP

My concern here is that I made the assumption that referees in the Premiership would be better quality than the poor crop in the Championship ...... well so far that doesn't appear to be correct.

The ref vs Palace was poor and inconsistent; he allowed himself to be conned very easily by Palace's "street-wise" players, who dropped to the ground like a bag of cement at the slightest hint of a touch and yet (for example) a clear foul on McBurnie (high foot) was waved away because he declined to throw himself on the floor.

I really wouldn't like to see our players behaving in the same way as cheats like Zaha, Grealish and Maddison ....... but it seems that our policy of staying on our feet unless hit with a pickaxe is going to seriously disadvantage us with the Premiership referees. At this early stage it appears that the only improvement over the Championship referees is that they know the "established" Premiership players by their first names ...... :oops:😏😏😏

UTB & FTP

But he did throw himself to the floor? He even put his hands up to his head to pretend the boot had caught him......perhaps he wasn't theatrical enough?

At this early stage it appears that the only improvement over the Championship referees is that they know the "established" Premiership players by their first names ...... :oops:😏😏😏

UTB & FTP
The referee called Ollie Norwood, Ollie a couple of times when he called him over

I'd like us to stick to our principles ie not haranguing the ref and not falling over at the merest touch but I'm afraid that will not get us anywhere. Sad old football world now.

I think the adrenaline in the first two games did see us leaving a few on opponents where we haven’t previously. It’ll settle down as we’ve been such a fair team in recent seasons.

But over Wilder’s time we have slowly become more savvy. Last season we definitely committed more professional fouls to break up attacks earlier. In the Palace game we started slow timing from 70 minutes in (but thankfully didn’t go too negative on the ball).

To be honest, we need to be cute. Letting Premiership class midfielder get wrong side of you could become very costly very quickly. I hope we don’t become archetypal premier league diving ref botherers, but we can’t afford to be naive anymore.

Baldock was quite fortunate to stay on the pitch on Sunday, of course by Prem standards but nevertheless

When he was grabbed by the throat you mean? Clear red card completely missed by the officials.

Update:

Since this has been posted we had Billy Sharp sent off for that stamp which hasn't really done a lot of good for our image! (not that we should care?)

We are now the 2nd dirtiest team in the PL

Update:

Since this has been posted we had Billy Sharp sent off for that stamp which hasn't really done a lot of good for our image! (not that we should care?)

We are now the 2nd dirtiest team in the PL

We should have had another yellow card as well if Norwood would have kicked the Southampton goal scorer instead of flailing in his direction.

We should have had another yellow card as well if Norwood would have kicked the Southampton goal scorer instead of flailing in his direction.

Things like this are part of the learning curve and a bit of the nervousness showing in players inexperienced at this level. We've been guilty of a few too many tackles where you know the free kick is always going to be given against savvy Prem players. At the same time, Norwood should've taken him out. Letting someone that size wriggle free from you is daft in that position. Norwood knew what he needed to do he just didn't make sure of it, and it cost us big.

The other side of it was the Sharp red. It's a very harsh decision but you shouldn't be giving the ref that choice to make. Never going to win the ball, foot hits high up the guy's leg. Even though it's just a daft challenge from a player overeager to change the game it's something that we could've avoided by doing our part.

Interestingly we haven't conceded a penalty or conceded from a resulting free kick yet I believe. I'd be interested in stats of where we commit our fouls because I don't think they are in dangerous places. The last minute of the Bournemouth game is one notable exception.

Referee this Saturday is non other than Liverpool favourite Mr Rob Stiles - I’m sure he can’t wait to give the Reds a Penalty for some ludicrous non football, non contact event.

And Leeds win the FIFA Fair Play award

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

1569268181977.png

Back
Top Bottom