Did Anyone Enjoy The Stevenage Match..??

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wigan played their balls out against a better Premiership side the day before us and beat a side still fighting for a play-off spot 3-0. Stevenage, until the latter part of the second half, hardly looked like a team fighting for their lives, in fact if I had been one of their supporters I would have been disgusted with the lack of effort shown. Of course we are happy with three points, I don't agree with OP that we have become more drab lately, but we really should have hammered Stevenage.
Yeah - against a gutless team that got pasted by the pigs not so long ago.

Reading = not a team scrapping against relegation or kicking tens tons of shit out of the opposition or under the control of an obnoxious twat.

Is the OP serious or a wind up? I can't believe I watch the same sport as some people let alone the same team.

People are entitled to their opinions but my suggestion would be to go and support Man City or Liverpool if you feel like that.

this is football we are talking about ,,
Leicester , struggled to beat the pigs 2-1 to get up then got hammered 4-1 at home by Brighton

think that clearly illustrates no matter who or where the games played no team has brilliant performance after brilliant performance

every team that wins a title , wins at least half their wins ugly,
do people have their eyes shut when Chelsea lost at home to Sunderland

yes we would love to exterminate every league one side 7-0 or better , but seeing as no team in history has ever managed it , why do so many United fans moan when we dont achieve it

Perhaps if people spread their view a little wider theyd see that only Arsenal in our lifetime have gone all season unbeaten ,

The fact we dont beat everyone out of sight might not come as such a shock

When Clough arrived our remit was to not fall weakly into league 2, as we we couldnt beat a carpet
To go and thrill our fans at Wembley and be in with still a squeak of a play off spot is in the almost in the miracle column
Id booked a week in Spain laast week to avoid the pain last december .so watched our semi in a bar in Cabo Roig, with 3 other blades and 20 others who all thrilled to a superb game, never in my wildest dreams think wed get such a spectacle within 5 years the way we started this campaign , yet within a week we are finding fault with a 1-0 win
un fucking believable , can we be a more morose set of pessimistic twats
Im sorry but some of our "fans" beggar belief

we won but .... Jesus , sad sad sad

Last edited:
I wonder if the Liverpool fan forums inundated with moaning fans only beating relegation threatened club Norwich 3-2 and being out shot, , not god enough for some eh

For me, granted it was a good bounce back from the lads losing at Wembley, but come on now.. This defensive style of football is becoming more and more unbearable as the season goes on. Yes, its coming to the end of the season, and I know were not going up but tonight's performance was a bit of a shocker in my opinion.
The game was there to be had against a timid Stevenage who still managed twice as many shots as we did even if they did go straight over the bar or directly at the keeper. And again were a side without a player scoring a goal since the only one scored was an own goal from Murphy's cross.
I wont slate Clough because his focus as I understand was to come in and keep things simple, and this he has done, but when your paying twenty quid, or there about, for a ticket, surely, or at least I do, pay to watch a game of football..??

Maybe im just talking out my arse but football at the lane is becoming a little drib drab for me.

I think you're being a little harsh here mate. Understand the frustration but remember we don't have a striker at the club and the referee allowed them to kick us up in the air with little rebuke, particularly in the second half.
Also missed a clear penalty when Harry was pulled back in the area in the first half. Appalling standard of officials ..... As they have been all season. Keep the faith in nigel ..... See if he's backed by the board in the summer.
UTB & ftp

Liverpool only just beat relegation fodder Norwich this eleven game defensive winning streak is becoming unbearable RODGERS OUT!!!!

It's funny, when Clough came and the Derby fans were saying he plays very defensively, I was a bit concerned. I haven't seen it like that. Because we so often hit on the break, we have seemed much more offensive, certainly more so than under Weir. I'm just hoping that our expectation for next season are justified and it doesn't just fizzle out like Wilson's second season.
Not unless he has to sell his best players , and his then star striker fucks it up , well the latters not going to happen anyroads .

Back
Top Bottom