Derby County

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'm sure most footballers are on contracts which pay xyz ,PAYE and ni payable ..any other payments not declared would result in the club and the player being in the brown stuff .

I'm sure most footballers are on contracts which pay xyz ,PAYE and ni payable ..any other payments not declared would result in the club and the player being in the brown stuff .
True, but the Revenue only know what is on each monthly return, so whilst eventually they will work out that something is wrong it may not be before significant arrears have occurred.
As for being in the brown stuff I think DCFC are already there !

If derby had misled the revenue by fraudulant practices , somebody would be doing a stint in stangeways .
Very sloppy collecting by the HMRC though

To be clear, the OP was how their team was fighting on the pitch and bringing youth in, not the shenanigans off the pitch.

I have to pay my taxes, so should they, and if they don't out of business they should go and start again like Rangers (different circumstances I know) at the bottom of the pyramid.

Pretty obvious DCFC have been cheating the system for years. Doesn't need a genius down at HMRC to work it out.
Hope they go under.

We are one of the few teams not to have gone into administration and have suffered as a result by playing by the rules whilst loads of other (Leicester/pigs/Derby etc) have chased the dream with their wealthy owners and welched on all their debts and their taxes. Not allowed in any other industry or walk of life.

Like I said on the Twentys Plenty thread we should have a layered away teams ticket pricing structure.
If your club has gone into administration we will charge your fans treble the normal price.
If you are Leeds and have gone into administration many times we charge your fans quadruple/five times the normal price.
I know its harsh on the fans but the EFL sanctions are pitiful on their own. Our chance to get a little bit back from those fans that have reaped the benefits of their clubs financial cheating.

If we dont sell out so what, sell the tickets to our own fans.

Yes they probably will ultimately go down, their squad is unbalanced and weak in places with an inexperienced manager but they are giving it a go and are a team that their fans can be proud of.

https://www.football365.com/news/op...s-losers-rooney-derby-fulham-ismael-jokanovic

The contrast with us could not be more stark, and quite frankly embarrassing. I maintain that I'd be happy for a 21st place finish,

We were damn lucky to beat them twice this season.
whats embarrassing about being mid table after a period with a manager who didnt fit
happy with 21st is a stupid statement we will finish top 10 eventually
theres at least 8 teams nowhere near as good as us

we beat them easily in both games having 70 per cent possession and more shots

Pretty obvious DCFC have been cheating the system for years. Doesn't need a genius down at HMRC to work it out.
Hope they go under.

We are one of the few teams not to have gone into administration and have suffered as a result by playing by the rules whilst loads of other (Leicester/pigs/Derby etc) have chased the dream with their wealthy owners and welched on all their debts and their taxes. Not allowed in any other industry or walk of life.

Like I said on the Twentys Plenty thread we should have a layered away teams ticket pricing structure.
If your club has gone into administration we will charge your fans treble the normal price.
If you are Leeds and have gone into administration many times we charge your fans quadruple/five times the normal price.
I know its harsh on the fans but the EFL sanctions are pitiful on their own. Our chance to get a little bit back from those fans that have reaped the benefits of their clubs financial cheating.

If we dont sell out so what, sell the tickets to our own fans.

Not sure about that, I don't see why making the fans pay due to the owners mismanagement is a good idea.

I think the EFL should encourage fan group ownership instead.

whats embarrassing about being mid table after a period with a manager who didnt fit
happy with 21st is a stupid statement we will finish top 10 eventually
theres at least 8 teams nowhere near as good as us

we beat them easily in both games having 70 per cent possession and more shots

I don't think we'll finish 21st but 6 of our 7 wins this season have come against 6 of the bottom 7 (plus Stoke). It's early days in Hecky's reign and I'm optimistic he'll bring an upturn but at this moment there's nothing more stupid suggesting we'll finish 21st than there is suggesting we'll finish top 10 imo.

I don't think we'll finish 21st but 6 of our 7 wins this season have come against 6 of the bottom 7 (plus Stoke). It's early days in Hecky's reign and I'm optimistic he'll bring an upturn but at this moment there's nothing more stupid suggesting we'll finish 21st than there is suggesting we'll finish top 10 imo.
when we last came up we lost to no one in the bottom half , whats it matter we need 18 lots 3 points to be in play offs
doesnt matter if we beat barnsley or fulham to get 3 points

Ill bet you 100 quid we finish top 10 and not be below 15th as a back up

I have no interest in betting, I've already said I'm optimistic of improvement under Hecky but I'm assuming from trying to push me into a bet you chose to ignore that bit. I was just pointing out suggesting we might finish 21st isn't stupid, we're as close to 21st in points as we are 6th.

The situation at Derby is exactly why the prince and co. have put a long term plan into place and to turn us into a more sustainable and player development-focused club.

Hard to see but I do find it funny thinking back to when Derby’s fans were bragging that Mel Morris is a genius and has slipped underneath the EFL’s radar, much similar to the unwashed in S6 with Tunaman.
That was Mel Morris’s stated aim at Derby as well and you can argue he’s been successful in that got cat one status and produced players Bogle, Lowe, Gordon, Bird, Knight, Sibley, Buchanan with some more in the pipeline. Problem was about the time wilder came in at the lane he got impatient and went on a ridiculous spending spree which they couldn’t afford thus undermining all the good work he’d done building the club’s foundation.

True, but the Revenue only know what is on each monthly return, so whilst eventually they will work out that something is wrong it may not be before significant arrears have occurred.
As for being in the brown stuff I think DCFC are already there !
Every time you run payroll now you have to submit a report to HMRC via their RTI (real time information) system that will tell them exactly what pay and deductions your employees have had.

Unless you’re paying staff in brown envelopes full of cash HMRC know what you owe them pretty quickly. It’s possible not to submit the reports but I get hounded and fined if we’re a week late with ours and my payroll is a a fraction of what Derby’s will be.

There is a chance that they’ve under-declared VAT payable on their VAT returns, but again it’s pretty obvious what you’re up to and a computer would very quickly flag a dodgy looking return.

I’d guess it’s just a case of not paying and ignoring the warnings they’ve been getting, HMRC are the last people to fuck with (maybe apart from a lending bank) as they have the power to liquidate you.

Jaggs Will Be playing against his big mate and golfing partner Billy on Sat , wonder who will come out on top ?

Jaggs Will Be playing against his big mate and golfing partner Billy on Sat , wonder who will come out on top ?

They didn't even need him.

Derby fans are probably more proud of their club than we are of ours.

Fair play to Derby.

The fans and those players and Rooney for that matter have nothing to do with their current predicament.

It will be the greatest of great escapes to pull it off and they are tracking very well.

I'll no doubt share comments about our own team.

But for this post, hats off to the way they responded to their circumstances.

They are proper fucked, oh dear.
Speaking to a Derby friend yesterday about why the deal wasn’t done and apparently there appears to be loads of debt, not included in the administration attached to the Stadium so to buy that they have to clear the debt to & buy the stadium

They are proper fucked, oh dear.
Speaking to a Derby friend yesterday about why the deal wasn’t done and apparently there appears to be loads of debt, not included in the administration attached to the Stadium so to buy that they have to clear the debt to & buy the stadium
Yes, that is Morris’s trump card hanging over them so he still retains some control.

Yes, that is Morris’s trump card hanging over them so he still retains some control.
Morris is a fucking cunt and is rightfully too ashamed or scared to show his face around Derby these days. Quite a contrast to when he used to happily razz around in his yellow Lambo, revving the engine so that everyone would look at how great he was.

How he can call himself a Derby fan is completely beyond me. If his avarice, arrogance and financial mismanagement cause the club to collapse, it'll break my daughters' hearts.

I bet
Morris is a fucking cunt and is rightfully too ashamed or scared to show his face around Derby these days. Quite a contrast to when he used to happily razz around in his yellow Lambo, revving the engine so that everyone would look at how great he was.

How he can call himself a Derby fan is completely beyond me. If his avarice, arrogance and financial mismanagement cause the club to collapse, it'll break my daughters' hearts.
I bet 95 % if derby fans were loving it when they were overspending, over valuing their ground, and beating us and other teams to £5m players.

I bet

I bet 95 % if derby fans were loving it when they were overspending, over valuing their ground, and beating us and other teams to £5m players.
I bet 95% of Derby fans didn't know they were overspending. Not everyone keeps a forensic eye on their team's accounts.

I bet 95% of Derby fans didn't know they were overspending. Not everyone keeps a forensic eye on their team's accounts.
Really? I'd take that bet if it were possible. It's been pretty clear what Derby were up to for years, and my Derby mate wasn't moaning about it.

I love it when you get people taking about putting fans on boards, when it's the fans demands that are a huge part of the problem (players wages being the main one).

Knew something would go wrong after they spent big for about 5 summers without getting promotion.

Stupidity. They made Chansiri/Ridsdale look like Scrooge with their recklessness.

but as said before that for me the EFL would have to take the 50/50 blame with morris, because yes morris lead them to financial issues but EFL with there 40m rule which i will never understand because that is just asking for trouble gave them the ammunition to shoot themselves & its surprise that more team dont end up like derby & bury. because only in football could a company that is lose 1.1m a month & its fine

they should have to be reigned in for their own good, break even over the season

Back
Top Bottom