Derby County

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FMBlade1

Reaction score
Perhaps it's easy for me to say, though looking from the outside I am really rather impressed by them.

Yes they probably will ultimately go down, their squad is unbalanced and weak in places with an inexperienced manager but they are giving it a go and are a team that their fans can be proud of.

https://www.football365.com/news/op...s-losers-rooney-derby-fulham-ismael-jokanovic

The contrast with us could not be more stark, and quite frankly embarrassing. I maintain that I'd be happy for a 21st place finish, then next season we can try to release/sell nearly everyone and bring in some players who are busting a gut with pride to play for us, and who are not going through the motions or are over the hill.

We were damn lucky to beat them twice this season.

We should learn something from them if we can.

Perhaps it's easy for me to say, though looking from the outside I am really rather impressed by them.

Yes they probably will ultimately go down, their squad is unbalanced and weak in places with an inexperienced manager but they are giving it a go and are a team that their fans can be proud of.

https://www.football365.com/news/op...s-losers-rooney-derby-fulham-ismael-jokanovic

The contrast with us could not be more stark, and quite frankly embarrassing. I maintain that I'd be happy for a 21st place finish, then next season we can try to release/sell nearly everyone and bring in some players who are busting a gut with pride to play for us, and who are not going through the motions or are over the hill.

We were damn lucky to beat them twice this season.

I am not sure what we can learn. Faced with adversity humans react positively in the main, as they are doing, but they have only won 4 times this season, albeit with some draws so they have gained one more point than us.
Our players have little to gain from promotion as they are either on loan or not good enough to be in the Premiership.
I am not suggesting that they don’t try, but the subconscious incentive to overachieve is simply not there any more.

Hindsight not a great thing. But if we had kept Jags. Settled on Egan and Jags we probably have about 9 more points right now.

In 2 or 3 years time we’ll be in a position where we need to rely on the the same tricks that them, pigs and Reading have used. Then we can look to emulate such a great bunch of cheats.

MailOnline Sport (@MailSport) Tweeted:
EXCL: Derby face LIQUIDATION unless HMRC agree to write off more than £20MILLION of debt, prospective buyers fear | @CraigHope_DM & @TomCollomosse

a team that their fans can be proud of.
Yeh, dodging tax payers money that could help build hospitals, social housing, educate children…… Now they want it to pay off wealthy American businessmen so they can make more profit.
Don’t be cheating b@stards. Use it to furlough all the local small businesses they owe money to.

Last edited:
We need to take advantage of the Derby situation, buy as many of their players for as cheap as possible, wouldn't mind Bielik once he returns from injury, as well as Sibley, Buchanan, Knight and Bird. All u23 players who look like prospects

Aren’t the sponsors still paying that?

That was a deal for that half season while he was playing I think. Was only a short term contract.

Putting him as player/coach the following season was probably another way of fudging his pay as I'm sure I've seen that coaching staff costs come under different financial rules with EFL.

Which possibly explains how he's (allegedly) on £60k a week while the players are capped at £4k a week by the EFL. I do doubt the figure though.

We can really learn a lot from Derby tho

We need to take advantage of the Derby situation, buy as many of their players for as cheap as possible, wouldn't mind Bielik once he returns from injury, as well as Sibley, Buchanan, Knight and Bird. All u23 players who look like prospects
We won't be buying any players any time soon. Get looking on the free transfer list for our potential incomings.

Great idea

but we’re skint

Their players are at the moment fighting hard to avoid relegation, and giving it a good go, this latest news won't change that, but if in the Jan window an offer comes in for one player, and they sell, that might well be the start of others putting in transfer requests or downing tools, when the penny drops they aren't all in it together, and X player just left and tripled his wages

The Prince said that Jags was on £50K a week when he was here.

The term “free transfer” is quite misleading.
Agents simply use the logic that if a club isn’t paying a transfer fee then that club can afford to double or treble that player‘s normal wages.

However Jags might be a good shout if he can be integrated into the coaching staff.
We have a coaching staff of Sheff Utd people, Hecky, McCall, Lester and I think it helps galvanise the fans and give us identity and unity.
Jags would help strengthen that identity.

The Prince said that Jags was on £50K a week when he was here.

The term “free transfer” is quite misleading.
Agents simply use the logic that if a club isn’t paying a transfer fee then that club can afford to double or treble that player‘s normal wages.

However Jags might be a good shout if he can be integrated into the coaching staff.
We have a coaching staff of Sheff Utd people, Hecky, McCall, Lester and I think it helps galvanise the fans and give us identity and unity.
Jags would help strengthen that identity.
He's on about £3.5k a week at Derby though, there was something I read preseason that him and a few others had agreed contracts on £3.5k per week to help the club out. It's not really helped and the fact that Rooney is reportedly still earning £60k a week can't be going down well with the players.

So, some magic investor(s) say the club will go into administration if the HMRC tax bill isn't cut.

Fuck Derby and any other club that gets into this position.

Put them into administration and start at league level 7 or wherever the FA deem it to be appropriate.

It's financial irregularity - Rangers had to start again and it took years to get back but it's those sorts of lessons that need to start happening in football or stupid owners of clubs will continue to try it on.

UTB

So, some magic investor(s) say the club will go into administration if the HMRC tax bill isn't cut.

Fuck Derby and any other club that gets into this position.

Put them into administration and start at league level 7 or wherever the FA deem it to be appropriate.

It's financial irregularity - Rangers had to start again and it took years to get back but it's those sorts of lessons that need to start happening in football or stupid owners of clubs will continue to try it on.

UTB
Liquidation rather than administration but you're correct. HMRC can't let Derby off the hook because if they do they can kiss goodbye to 75% of all money owed by any club entering administration.

The situation at Derby is exactly why the prince and co. have put a long term plan into place and to turn us into a more sustainable and player development-focused club.

Hard to see but I do find it funny thinking back to when Derby’s fans were bragging that Mel Morris is a genius and has slipped underneath the EFL’s radar, much similar to the unwashed in S6 with Tunaman.

Back
Top Bottom