Deep financial trouble ahead

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Easy, Premier League wages.

Completely unsustainable (also true in the Championship btw).

Norwich tried to do the more sustainable thing in the Prem and got pelters for “no ambishun”.
I doubt we've paid a single player above the average Premier League wage in any of the three seasons we've been there. Higher wages, sure

I doubt we've paid a single player above the average Premier League wage in any of the three seasons we've been there. Higher wages, sure
It’s not wages or transfers it’s an owner with no money. Could this be the issue where we no longer have any assets ( player assets) to help pay off loans.

I’m thinking the hotel and land purchase will be great for when he sells the lot to a property company and when we get demoted to non league after going bust we have the HSBC land to use. Sheffdore Utd.

So, perhaps we aren’t in the shit financially?

Yep, really confusing? However, the fact the club have took out yet a further charge against future income and we didn’t make a fist of trying to bring in the quality needed to at least make a fist of trying to stop up has me thinking otherwise

Yep, really confusing? However, the fact the club have took out yet a further charge against future income and we didn’t make a fist of trying to bring in the quality needed to at least make a fist of trying to stop up has me thinking otherwise
I think not making a fist of trying to stay up is the reason the finances should be sound now.

Of course staying up would have been better. But Burnley, already better than us, then spunked £100m plus on dross, and are now in big trouble. That could easily have been us.

I think not making a fist of trying to stay up is the reason the finances should be sound now.

Of course staying up would have been better. But Burnley, already better than us, then spunked £100m plus on dross, and are now in big trouble. That could easily have been us.

That’s where we differ alco. We didn’t make a fist of it perhaps due to the debt we had/have

Are you referring to the charge registered in January?

Was that our net spend was it?
You know it wasn't but we still spent around £60m. This is without wages, loan fees, agents etc. Club is obviously struggling financially. The answer is not to keep chucking money at it. Spending money guarantees nothing, only good players improve things. Not all cost money. For example, Arblaster.

Rifleman is proven to be a dismal troll but do your sources seriously suggest we’re flush?

Nope, not flush but there’s excitement and positivity around the off field actions. To suggest we’re going to be in the shit seems to be somewhat off the mark.

I think it’s fair to say we won’t be spending big, but we won’t be treading water like last season so I’m led to believe.

Sell Anel, Souza (or loan, with a view, if no takers), Hamer, return Archer, that will get the tin pot shi@ter owner through next season. Then it will be Arblaster and potentially Osula the next.

That will be the wage bill covered for two seasons, but that's about it.
Can't disagree with anything you've said. There's one person and only one person to blame - this owner has had 2.5 seasons in the EPL, two seasons in the Championship with parachute payments, decent crowds, a semi final, one of the lowest wage bills in the EPL and BVgger all spent on players in the last 3 seasons and still we're skint. Please don't give me the nonsense about the balance sheet - a half decent accountant can make a balance sheet say anything.

The advantage with Archer being off the books we get a guaranteed sum, how we spend is key and I guess that is who is in charge will be the key to that. Long term loan options could be available from the Premier League, we could look at the free transfers so just picking up the wage bill. Yes the pot won't be endless but could have been far worse.
You really believe that this owner will let the manager spend anything we get back for Archer???

Are you referring to the charge registered in January?

I was Sean. I’m no finance guru so correct me if I’m wrong

I just can’t fathom out wtf is going on?

We don’t have a proper go at bringing in some quality to try and be competitive. We take out that charge in Jan, all pointing to lack of funds, yet at the same time we’re out there buying land for a proposed new training facility, McCabes two plots and sorting the hotel out

a half decent accountant can make a balance sheet say anything.

Was reading a balance sheet of a youtuber who had registered as a public business.. under intangible assets had listed his websites domain name as worth 50 million dollars 🤣

Back
Top Bottom