Gone Elsewhere Dean Henderson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What the hell has gone on with Dean Hendersons career since he was here?

He should have been a first choice PL keeper by now.
At Man U in his own head….
Now he’s 3rd choice at struggling Palace

We should've gone all out for Henderson. I like Wes, he deserved a shot in the premier league, but he's 32 now, likes to follow a worldy save with an absolute clanger, and needs upgrading. Hendo wouldve been the perfect long term replacement

We should've gone all out for Henderson. I like Wes, he deserved a shot in the premier league, but he's 32 now, likes to follow a worldy save with an absolute clanger, and needs upgrading. Hendo wouldve been the perfect long term replacement
He would have been an immensely expensive loan, especially for someone that's missed half the season out injured. I agree that an upgrade on Wes is required (as one of the top priorities) but I don't think Henderson was the answer in summer, especially with the limited budget and need to utilize loans elsewhere in the squad.

There's even less chance Utd could have signed him on a perm as you suggest.

If Henderson establishes himself as #1 at Palace, Sam Johnstone would be a more realistic target for Utd (and still a huge upgrade on Wes).

Last edited:
What the hell has gone on with Dean Hendersons career since he was here?

He should have been a first choice PL keeper by now.
He was at Forest last year as #1. Then he got injured.

He is now at Palace and got injured again. Palace paid £20m for him, so I guess he's their #1 choice. Just been injured

He’s been on the bench a few times

When they’ve had two keepers on the bench
He was on the bench for 3 games before his debut along with Matthews due to injuries in the squad.

He then got injured on his debut and started against Man City at the weekend. Matthews was on the bench, if Henderson was 3rd choice GK, Matthews would have started

might be worth keeping an eye on the sam johnstone situation at palace think wes has been harshly criticised on here but for every clanger hes dropped hes made 3/4 great saves each game to keep us in it just think he needs a genuine challenger for his spot to keep him on his toes he knows now theres nobody challenging to take his place

Not good enough with his feet and the game moving over the last 2 years with playing out from the back it is seen as essential for now.

Not an option for us, and with us needing other such improvements outfield I don’t see us using a loan spot on a keeper.

Watched him last night, he was imo, one of the most confident young players I've ever seen ,when at the lane, but he look half that last night, flapping at a few balls etc, looked a stone over too

Watched him last night, he was imo, one of the most confident young players I've ever seen ,when at the lane, but he look half that last night, flapping at a few balls etc, looked a stone over too
I think when you place yourself on a pedestal and build your own hype, you only listen to your own voice…

On that road to the top you can tell everyone what you’re going to be and they can listen or not. Hendo’s performances at United during those loan spells were fantastic. He dealt with any errors with the cockiness that we loved him for as he was going to eventually make it to the very top of where he wanted to be

He went back to Man U and was finally challenging for that top spot, only to realise that everything he’d dreamt of wasn’t going to be how he thought. De Gea kept going, so he went back on loan. Didn’t really work out with Forest and he found himself again in a position where Man U brought in another keeper

He’s clearly come back down to earth with a bump. He needs games and consistency to build himself back up again

I like the lad and wish him well. That said the kidding of the badge on the shirt for Forest was just a reminder to everyone that he is what most footballers are these days which are mercenary badge kisses. I would probably do the same tbh if it got me more coin in my career but I would draw the line at kissing the Trees badge. That's just wrong.

He was on the bench for 3 games before his debut along with Matthews due to injuries in the squad.

He then got injured on his debut and started against Man City at the weekend. Matthews was on the bench, if Henderson was 3rd choice GK, Matthews would have started

Any news on what he had for breakfast this morning? :)

Back
Top Bottom