Dean Henderson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What if we got a reduced fee on ramsdale on the basis we loan him back to Bournemouth? They pay his wages, we take hendo again. Then our goal keeper dilemma is sorted for next summer when hendo will be pushing properley at man u should he do well again. Wilder masterstroke?
But who plays against Man Utd between the sticks for us?

I wanted Hendo back as much as the next man after the last couple of years but the only way I would want him back now is if we got him on loan AND Ramsdale on a perm.

If we sacrifice getting Rambo to finance another season of Hendo on loan then all we are doing is putting the exact same issue back another year and potentially losing out on a decent long term solution.

Yes Ramsdale is a downgrade on Deano but then so would pretty much every other keeper in the world that we could get be and Ramsdale is about as decent as we could hope for IMO.

Bear in mind the chances of us signing Deano on a perm are probably less than zero. If he has another season like this year then you'd be looking at £70m and about £150k a week wages absolute minimum as he will probably go the the euros as England's number 1.

Isn't everyone getting sick of all the Deano talk now. He was fantastic for us last season but let's not forget we were fantastic for him too. He is now rightly touted as an England starter and his value has gone from around 20 million this time last season to probably 50 million the whole loan has worked out beautifully but it's now in the past. Thanks Deano you are a blades great (not legend) & good luck wherever you go as long as you aren't playing us!

We’ve signed Rammers on a 5 year deal, but we’re loaning him to Man U to get champions league experience.

So were loaning Hendo back again.

Some of you lot are a bit slow

On the BBC web site:

Sheffield United are considering another loan deal for Manchester United's Dean Henderson, 23, despite agreeing a fee with Bournemouth for fellow English goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale, 22. (ESPN)

Just been on SSN that Ramsdale having medical now !

Read BBC website Deano publicly says I won't be coming back to Bramall Lane, good luck to him in the future.

Good luck to him. I’ll remember him fondly and I hope he has a good career.

It is time that we had a permanent number 1 that we can get behind and actually reap the long term benefits of a keeper establishing himself and improving with us.

We’ve almost been a victim of our own success when it comes to Henderson. If we’d not risen so fast and picked up our fair share of admirers along the way perhaps he’d have gone under the radar a little bit and we’d have not been totally priced out of getting him.

Ramsdale is a young lad and if he has a good season or two with us then we’ll either benefit from his good performances or by making a profit.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Deano head out to a European club. Forget the talk of fighting for the number one spot. Neither Deano or De Gea seem like the type to sit on a bench.

Either way, good luck to the lad. Fantastic character and a brilliant keeper.

Genuine good luck to the lad. Been part of our story and that can never change, pulled off some great saves (incredible in some cases) and had that cocky swagger at times that made him a crowd favourite.

The money he will be on now will be eye watering. Four of five good years and the lad will never have to work again (shit, two good years even).

Cheers Deano, thanks for the memories.

Somebody better check the quick-dial numbers on that bloody fax machine!

Henderson available on loan again...

DO WANT!!!

what a stupid stand off that was in summer. If man utd had any sense they would have let him come to us for a reasonable amount, But no... greed rules at the richest club in the world

We could get Henderson back on loan (we're not going to go in for him). But that wouldn't change the fact we can't create enough chances to convert them into goals.

We could get Henderson back on loan (we're not going to go in for him). But that wouldn't change the fact we can't create enough chances to convert them into goals.

What if we play him as a midfielder? :)

Let’s move on.
We have the best keeper that was available and that we could afford, so the “spare” money needs to be spent elsewhere on the pitch.

I love Hendo. He's the best keeper I've ever seen at The Lane IMO but he isn't our player and in all likelihood never will be.

On that basis we decided to go for a more long term solution in Ramsdale who was never going to be a like for like replacement in the short term. Barring the Wolves and Chelsea games I don't actually think he's done much wrong so what do you think his confidence would be like if we went and loaned Hendo in January and stuck him back on the bench???

Back
Top Bottom