Dean Henderson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Henderson on decent loan terms, Ramsdale loaned back to Bournemouth for a season. Comes back ready made number. Feasible?

Can you really see us paying 18m for a keeper and loaning him out whilst paying another 6m to loan another?.

Henderson wants to play, Man U want to farm him out on loan again whilst bringing another keeper in... it's clear he's not in their first team plans. They've even been vocal saying he's not ready for their first team.

he should fuck them off, but he wont

Would you rather pay the Ramsdale fee now and get a permanent keeper in now OR pay a higher than expected loan amount plus wages for Hendo this season on the basis we have a obligation to buy at the end of next season for a fee lower than which we would have expected to pay?

Henderson wants to play, Man U want to farm him out on loan again whilst bringing another keeper in... it's clear he's not in their first team plans. They've even been vocal saying he's not ready for their first team.

he should fuck them off, but he wont

If we want Henderson that much we should try and sign him permanently if the money is available or not at all.

Because it has become clear he is going to be behind De Gea now so he has a choice to make if not we have Ramsdale.

If we want Henderson that much we should try and sign him permanently if the money is available or not at all.

Because it has become clear he is going to be behind De Gea now so he has a choice to make if not we have Ramsdale.
Never happening because we won't be paying him 100k a week.

Maybe a little leak by the club to remind the agent, that he’s not our only conceivable option.

Obviously it wouldn’t make sense to get both - but given the finite resources if we have a limited budget and the question essentially becomes loan hendo for say £6m all in or pay 15m plus wages (£2m plus?) for ramsdale - the difference is another significant addition for the squad. So the hypothetical question becomes does wilder think punting the LT GK question down the road and having hendo on loan and a player (say cash) give us more points than ramsdale for 20/21 ??

IMO, the answer is probably yes, but obviously other factors like a LT plan and ability to develop and asset in ramsdale, mean it’s not A simple Answer

What if we're using Ramsdale to force Man Utd/Henderson to push for him to move to us on loan for a 3rd year?

Smoke screen and all that.

Could be several explanations:

1) We’re giving Ramsdale and his agent a poke by igniting this and giving the press a cheeky tip off.

2) Villa have offered idiotic money to Ramsdale and we’re genuinely back in for Henderson instead. Perhaps Man U are realising the best thing for Henderson is to come back here and are relaxing on the wages to make it happen.

3) We’re playing all parties off against each other and will pick the best deal that suits us.

4) One person has made up some bollocks and other outlets have fell for it.

To be honest, my moneys on 4.

As daft as it sounds, recruiting or even being linked to Ramsdale puts Utd in a much stronger negotiating position with Man Utd.

Either that or the club are using the link with Henderson to get the Ramsdale over the line.

Either way, it is of benefit to Utd.

Maybe a little leak by the club to remind the agent, that he’s not our only conceivable option.

Obviously it wouldn’t make sense to get both - but given the finite resources if we have a limited budget and the question essentially becomes loan hendo for say £6m all in or pay 15m plus wages (£2m plus?) for ramsdale - the difference is another significant addition for the squad. So the hypothetical question becomes does wilder think punting the LT GK question down the road and having hendo on loan and a player (say cash) give us more points than ramsdale for 20/21 ??

IMO, the answer is probably yes, but obviously other factors like a LT plan and ability to develop and asset in ramsdale, mean it’s not A simple Answer
Agreed probably is CWAK pushing Ramsdales agent. Even if it is genuine , £5m all in for Hendo keeps the great defence together and leaves more to fund a £40m striker.

Should be still trying to sign all three keepers why not keep our options , too many time we've been the ones screwed over last minute.

This hasn’t come from our side. Man Utd or Hendos agent trying to desperately shake some interest from Premier League clubs to take him at the full cost now we’re out the picture and they overplayed their hand.
Ramsdale is done, and for £10M we’ve got a permanent keeper whos reputation is no worse than Hendos was at the start of last season.
Difference is we get the benefit as this lad improves.

This hasn’t come from our side. Man Utd or Hendos agent trying to desperately shake some interest from Premier League clubs to take him at the full cost now we’re out the picture and they overplayed their hand.
Ramsdale is done, and for £10M we’ve got a permanent keeper whos reputation is no worse than Hendos was at the start of last season.
Difference is we get the benefit as this lad improves.
Couldn't agree more. They've shot themselves in the foot it seems. Meh. Not our issue going forward with rammers hopefully nailed down and finalised this week. Cheers for the times deano. Just think what could've been.

I’d be fuming if I was Hendo. You’d want something sorted, especially in this window. He’s not going to be too happy if he’s sitting on the bench next season and playing the obligatory MK Dons League Cup first round game.

I’d be fuming if I was Hendo. You’d want something sorted, especially in this window. He’s not going to be too happy if he’s sitting on the bench next season and playing the obligatory MK Dons League Cup first round game.
He can't be fuming. He ultimately decides where he wants to go. Agents can push whatever they want but a player can say yay or nay and I won't believe they can't. If he wants to play for Sheffield united he knocks on the managers door and tells him.

A player wants the best for his career. An agent wants the best for his pocket.

So the player dictates the terms of his loan agreement to the club?

Yes & no. If DH & his advisors would stop trying to rush his career, and not push for a pay rise now, he could have had another season on loan with us, on last season's terms, which were acceptable to all parties. His Agent is pushing a pay rise that puts him outside of our affordability, whilst making twattish demands of Man United. They have looked after him very well so far, and it is my understanding that he has had a pay rise every year since 2016.

DH hasn't outgrown us, and his long term interests are best served by coming back to us for another season on the PL. This time next year, he'll have another top level season under his belt and quite possibly a few England caps. He is then better placed to make the next permanent move of his career, still only 24.

Deano is a bit fucked now. I get the delay, Man Utds season only finished at the weekend but they were asking for silly money and we've told them where to go. I don't really know why they don't just send him here on a 2 year loan. He's running out of options to play in the Prem

Won’t even get that as European-qualified teams aren’t playing in the league cup next season. And as Man Utd are in the champions league rather than Europa, it’s hard to see him getting picked ahead of De Gea in any of those games either.

It’s simple, just don’t sign a new contract and force Man U into selling him.

Henderson’s future is in his own hands.

Deano is a bit fucked now. I get the delay, Man Utds season only finished at the weekend but they were asking for silly money and we've told them where to go. I don't really know why they don't just send him here on a 2 year loan. He's running out of options to play in the Prem

Villa bound

What if we got a reduced fee on ramsdale on the basis we loan him back to Bournemouth? They pay his wages, we take hendo again. Then our goal keeper dilemma is sorted for next summer when hendo will be pushing properley at man u should he do well again. Wilder masterstroke?

How about this scenario;
Say Man U give Hendo a new contract and pay him £100k a week... 30k ish more than he’s on now. They then offer us him back for the full season on his old wages, they’re happy to cover the new difference as they’ve tied him down and will inevitably see a much greater return in the future. So we have him back for full season, around 8 months, at a cost of roughly £3.2m. Win win for all concerned.
We still continue with the Ramsdale purchase and let him stay at Bournemouth for the full season at a small cost to them and wages obviously. We then get Ramsdale back a bit older and more experienced next season.

It’s simple, just don’t sign a new contract and force Man U into selling him.

Henderson’s future is in his own hands.

If he wants to sign for us on loan next season all he needs to do his push for a permanent move away?

He does not, and has never, wanted to join us permanently. He’s had a laser-focused aim on being the first choice Man U keeper, and this is the first summer that question is at least being partially considered. It’s incredible that people seem to think he’s going to just park that, not ask for another contract, and just head back here. He’s had a great time here, we’ve loved having him here, and there was always an end point on us being able to keep him. There’s no blame on any of the parties here for him not returning for a third season – the suggestion he should hold off getting more wages because we couldn’t then afford him is particularly incredible to expect.

Hendo will want to be playing this season 100% - he has the chance to nail down the starting GK position for the euros next season. being a reserve somewhere ends that chance in its tracks.

I don’t think it will be here, I think we want a permanent keeper - hence the interest in ramsdale. But I can see villa paying 100k a week for a year without batting their eyelids.

Back
Top Bottom