CONFIRMED Dean Henderson returns on season long loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I’m torn when it comes to Henderson coming back. I do think he’s a superb young keeper, was a brilliant character for us and instrumental in helping us get promoted. But...

I don’t like the idea of being either a feeder for the big boys, or a silver medal for the player. We’re a brilliant club in the premier league. If he wants to play for us then brilliantly. If we’re a stepping stone until a better offer comes in, I don’t know if I’d rather we looked elsewhere. Might be a bit of a controversial opinion, I realise!

I’m torn when it comes to Henderson coming back. I do think he’s a superb young keeper, was a brilliant character for us and instrumental in helping us get promoted. But...

I don’t like the idea of being either a feeder for the big boys, or a silver medal for the player. We’re a brilliant club in the premier league. If he wants to play for us then brilliantly. If we’re a stepping stone until a better offer comes in, I don’t know if I’d rather we looked elsewhere. Might be a bit of a controversial opinion, I realise!

What’s he supposed to say though? He’s not our player and unless we make an offer suitable for Man U to sell him that’s always gonna be the case.

It’s his dream to play for Man U, I’m sure he’d be happy to come back to give himself the best chance to achieve that but we shouldn’t take it as disrespectful that he’s rather play at Man U. It’s gonna be a long summer otherwise.

For me there’s no shame in us not being his first choice when his first choice is the club he’s supported since being a kid. All that matters to me is that he’s shown that he’s 100% invested in everything he does and if he does come back I’d welcome him back with open arms.

What’s he supposed to say though? He’s not our player and unless we make an offer suitable for Man U to sell him that’s always gonna be the case.

It’s his dream to play for Man U, I’m sure he’d be happy to come back to give himself the best chance to achieve that but we shouldn’t take it as disrespectful that he’s rather play at Man U. It’s gonna be a long summer otherwise.

I’m not doubting his integrity at all. Like I say, he was brilliant for us. I actually hope we get him permanently. It’s the loan part that gives me some doubts. Feels like we’re punting the issue into the long grass, especially if it’s a sizeable loan fee. If he does brilliantly again in the premier league it would mean we’re even less likely to to afford him

There's all manner of ways to construct a deal, and who's to say, should a signing become a permanent possibility, that to get it over the line that Man Utd are offered first opportunity to re-sign Henderson? Win-win all round. Naturally we'd ask the going rate for someone who plays well, but if that's what it took to maker it possible then it's a no-brainer.

Unless he gets a 100 per cent guarentee of getting games at Old Trafford he will want to come to us . Hes aware hes first choice here and will play 38 prem games putting him in the full glare of tv coverage. I would not be surprised if man urd pay 50m on a keeper. In which case we'd get him . If they realise what they've got we will miss out.

Unless he gets a 100 per cent guarentee of getting games at Old Trafford he will want to come to us . Hes aware hes first choice here and will play 38* prem games putting him in the full glare of tv coverage. I would not be surprised if man urd pay 50m on a keeper. In which case we'd get him . If they realise what they've got we will miss out.

*36 if we get him on loan - wouldn't be allowed to play against Man Utd

My bro's dog has a mate, who's owner works in Trafford centre at a luxury fashion house. Dean signed up to their loyalty card scheme only yesterday, which surely is a sign of intent of staying in Manchester.

Sorry to bring this terrible news, but alongside his house decoration we really can put 2 and 2 together here.

There's all manner of ways to construct a deal, and who's to say, should a signing become a permanent possibility, that to get it over the line that Man Utd are offered first opportunity to re-sign Henderson? Win-win all round. Naturally we'd ask the going rate for someone who plays well, but if that's what it took to maker it possible then it's a no-brainer.

Why would Man Utd sell now unless they don't rate him and don't think he'll be good enough or they receive a ridiculous offer (which obviously won't be from Utd)? DH's scenario is ideal for another loan and is an example of how top 6 sides should develop their young players - not yet in consideration for their first team, needs to gain further experience and develop --> loan him to clubs higher up the pyramid each season. This time next year is likely to be judgement day for whether he'll ever be deemed suitable and good enough for Man Utd's first team.

Why would Man Utd sell now unless they don't rate him and don't think he'll be good enough or they receive a ridiculous offer (which obviously won't be from Utd)? DH's scenario is ideal for another loan and is an example of how top 6 sides should develop their young players - not yet in consideration for their first team, needs to gain further experience and develop --> loan him to clubs higher up the pyramid each season. This time next year is likely to be judgement day for whether he'll ever be deemed suitable and good enough for Man Utd's first team.

It was just a thought, not a fanciful attempt to prize Henderson away from MU. MU hold all the aces where his future rests, so maintaining a good relationship with them is essential. Ideally, another season's loan would be a positive all round.

I think we should try and get a permanent 1st choice keeper. We could loan Deano and then Man U could recall him in January and we’d be in the brown stuff then.

I have to admit to being a little concerned by the lack of progress with this one. It’s a simple one in my mind. Same loan deal as last season. Surely if it was going to happen it would have been sorted by now. I read somewhere that it won’t happen until after the U21 tournament but I don’t see the relevance of that.

I didn’t expect anything else to be done by now but I did expect this to be signed and sealed by the time everyone went off on their holidays. If Man U aren’t planning to make him part of their regular 18 then I don’t see what there is to discuss. Their goalkeeping situation seems to be very uncertain and it seems more likely all the time that he will end up in their match day squad on a regular basis.

I have to admit to being a little concerned by the lack of progress with this one. It’s a simple one in my mind. Same loan deal as last season. Surely if it was going to happen it would have been sorted by now. I read somewhere that it won’t happen until after the U21 tournament but I don’t see the relevance of that.

I didn’t expect anything else to be done by now but I did expect this to be signed and sealed by the time everyone went off on their holidays. If Man U aren’t planning to make him part of their regular 18 then I don’t see what there is to discuss. Their goalkeeping situation seems to be very uncertain and it seems more likely all the time that he will end up in their match day squad on a regular basis.

I think Deano is playing us a little. First it's don't let me leave gaffer, then I want no.1 shirt at Old Trafford, then he's considering his options, next he's not sure about Man U, then he talks about us like a distant memory.

My view is he considers our relationship as a fling in Maguluf and we are the dumb bitch that fell for him.

I think Deano is playing us a little. First it's don't let me leave gaffer, then I want no.1 shirt at Old Trafford, then he's considering his options, next he's not sure about Man U, then he talks about us like a distant memory.

My view is he considers our relationship as a fling in Maguluf and we are the dumb bitch that fell for him.

Good fling though!

Good fling though!

Well its up to him to shape up and pay us a bit more attention shortly, leaving his silly friends (Newton and Heath) to go for a kebab and a wank. Cos if he doesn't then theres nothing to stop us dropping him and going off with another fling and being a right slag.

i'm losing patience with all of this and i would hazard a guess that Chris and Knilly are too

Wonder how much more this pointless new contract will force us to pay?

I trust they've stuck him on at least 60k or their reputation would be in tatters.

Wonder how much more this pointless new contract will force us to pay?

I trust they've stuck him on at least 60k or their reputation would be in tatters.

Romero is reputedly on £70k a week and Lee Grant is on £30k. So I suppose those are the bookends.

Last edited:
To throw a name out there, not necessarily as an alternative to Hendo, but as a second choice - Tom Heaton. He’s rejected a new deal at Burnley. Bournemouth allegedly interested to add to their collection of goalies.

Back
Top Bottom