Incoming? Dean Henderson for a 3rd season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sitting on the bench is no good if he’s pushing for an England shirt. Some big decisions by all 3 parties this summer. They won’t drop De Gea and other than PSG who will pay those wages for him?

I mentioned similar in another thread:

I don’t see where De Gea would go?

Spain:
Barca - Ter Stegen
Real Madrid - Courtois
Atletico Madrid - Oblak

Italy:
Juventus - Szczesny
Milan - Donnarumma
Inter - Handanovic

Germany:
Bayern Munich - Neuer

France:
PSG - Navas (this is the only viable option, but would De Gea want to go to Ligue 1?)

Doesn’t matter if we finish above Man It’s this season they won’t see us as a long term rival, where as spurs and Chelsea will be. No chance they would sell him to them..

Man Utd brought in Grants replacement too in Jan, lad from Southend?

I'd just continue paying whatever loan fee they want per season. As long as there's no recall option so we can't be screwed over in that regard, keep doing what we are doing. It suits all parties in my opinion.

Been in a few of the papers over the weekend that Hendo has told Manure he's only prepared to go back there if he's guaranteed to start as their No1 as he has absolutely no desire to be sitting on a bench.

A few mentioned the fee would be £30 million plus.

I've no doubt that we would be prepared to pay the fee but I'm really not sure we would be able to fit him into our wage structure unless he was prepared to take a large cut although I suppose that would depend on who Manure would be prepared to sell him to. Chelsea, for instance, will be after a keeper in the summer but would Manure sell to them?

I like Hendo possibly one of best we've ever had and we've had some greats, it would be nice to sign him but he wants no 1 at Old Trafford. He would be a great buy but not exactly sure how much he'd cost in this day and age where silly fees are the norm.

Depends how you look at it. 30m and a sizeable sell on fee to Man U could work.

Say we sign him for 30m and give him a five year contract = fee is 6m a year. I reckon we are already paying in the region of a 3m loan fee for him as it stands.

So say we could loan him or an equivalent keeper for 5 years = 15m and we have no asset in the end. For an extra 15m we get all the rewards

i don’t think we could lose any money on him with the way he is developing tbh. My view is we need one or 2 key signings. And if he do was one of only one or 2 and the majority of our budget I think it would be a good move

McCabe claimed in court we had an option to buy.....guess that depends on if you trust McCabe or not

Depends how you look at it. 30m and a sizeable sell on fee to Man U could work.

Say we sign him for 30m and give him a five year contract = fee is 6m a year. I reckon we are already paying in the region of a 3m loan fee for him as it stands.

So say we could loan him or an equivalent keeper for 5 years = 15m and we have no asset in the end. For an extra 15m we get all the rewards

i don’t think we could lose any money on him with the way he is developing tbh. My view is we need one or 2 key signings. And if he do was one of only one or 2 and the majority of our budget I think it would be a good move

There is no loan fee - Utd are just paying his salary.

90 Min "exclusive"

I suggested that idea a few weeks back.

Man Utd definately see him as their future.....the problem is they want him in about 5 years time, so what would you do if you were Man Utd?
Keep loaning him out for 5 years and hope he keeps progressing and being played at his new club?

The best idea is to loan him to us (they like how he‘s progressed) for the next 5 years but it’s too unsettling...anything could happen.
So the best solution all round is to do something similar to a 5 year loan deal with more security.

An example could be Man Utd sell him outright to us for 20 million. However they have 1st option to buy him back in 5 years time for 40 million and we can’t refuse their request if they want him back. This deal means....everyone is a winner....United have a top class keeper for 5 years.....Man Utd end up with one of the worlds best keepers entering his prime but still having loads of years ahead of him....Henderson has the security at a club he knows and enjoys and knows one day he’s likely to earn his dream move to Man Utd, the club he supports.

Last edited:
Theres literally no way that they'd sell henderson for £30 million best young english goalkeeper and probably the best in Europe

Jordan pickford went for 50/60 Million and that Kepa went for 70/80 Million

I dunno where people get these stories from 😅😅😅
Pickford went for 30m and he'd played a couple of seasons in the top flight for Sunderland at that point before they were relegated. So they had to cash in.
Kepa had played numerous seasons in La Liga and he wanted to leave.

There's only Chelsea that I can see being in for him. The problem Man U have is that he won't play second fiddle, he'll have to go on loan or be sold. If they can't loan or sell, they have a disgruntled (and a player who's value will be decreasing over time) player on their hands.

They also have the problem that nobody will take De Gea on his current form whilst he's on 350k a week. Plus Man U will want a fee. So they're stuck with him for 3/4 years.

Daily Mail and ESPN both just released articles saying PSG and Chelsea interested

With PSG, Spurs and Chelsea all supposed to be after him in summer this could strengthen our chances of getting him with a buy-back clause in the contract, as we are the only team that would agree to one.

He's ambitious but he's very loyal and humble. If he can be Englands no1 with us IMO he'll sign for us tomorrow. He's more career based than wages. That's what I think anyhow.

We are not a perceived threat to manure so they can leave him with us and avoid the NYSE calamity of having a £350k pw in their reserves. Plus they get x million and that player stops the big 6 from scoring .

Daily Mail and ESPN both just released articles saying PSG and Chelsea interested
I don't see that as a goer for two reasons.
1. Whilst PSG can offer Champions League football, League 1 is a definite step down from the PL and that is where most of his matches will be.
2. Why would Man U sell to Chelsea? In the modern era they are close rivals.

Better to broker some sort of transfer with buy back or 2 year loan deal ebven better from their side. He gets to play 36 matches, none against his parent club, appreciates in value and when they let deGea go eventually, they do so with a replacement with over 100 games ready and waiting.

I also saw Spurs linked as back up for Loris. Lols

The more I think about it the more a perm deal with a buy back clause for a reasonable profit makes a lot of sense.

• Hendo gets to play.
  • we get a quality keeper and free up a loan space
  • Man U - get some cash and protect themselves longer term.
  • Hendo has the incentive to play well and get his dream move back if they get rid of de gea.
  • They aren’t forced to sell to a domestic ‘rival’.

if this was one of only a couple of signings and the vast majority of our summer budget I don’t think we would regret it tbh.

A 'first refusal' deal would be better for us.

Similar to what Man City have with Dortmund and Jadon Sancho - if any club bids for Sancho, then City have the option to match the bid before they accept the new bid.

We are not a perceived threat to manure so they can leave him with us and avoid the NYSE calamity of having a £350k pw in their reserves. Plus they get x million and that player stops the big 6 from scoring .

Two more seasons on loan with us makes perfect sense to all parties.

I find it odd Wilder would talk about a loan deal then as we would jump at the chance to sign him for that price.

Maybe the option was made void by his england call up.
I think it is going to happen but I think the two clubs want to act like it isn't agreed yet and are trying to.pretend it didn't slip out in court

For what reasons I dont know but I think this will happen

Back
Top Bottom