Incoming? Dean Henderson for a 3rd season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Craig Gordon any one? know nothing about him personally, but saw this and thought we might need new keeper --

Goalkeeper Craig Gordon wants out of Celtic and has pleaded with the club to let him go - Not posting a link to the S*N, but you get the message.

Craig Gordon any one? know nothing about him personally, but saw this and thought we might need new keeper --

Goalkeeper Craig Gordon wants out of Celtic and has pleaded with the club to let him go - Not posting a link to the S*N, but you get the message.
What's the message?

The 37 year old?

If the answer is Craig Gordon I don't want to know what the question is

Say no more, i said i knew nothing of him. Just throwing names around because im sick of refreshing Sandy Berg
I’m not surprised. Can I ask how you’re refreshing him or is that a personal question?

Just imagine he went to Spurs on loan next season. He plays a blinder all season and Spurs pip Man Ure to a Champions League spot
What if we do that to them this season?

After today's events I wouldn't be surprised to see Deano sign for £20m in the summer.
We'll need to get in there fast (before the summer Euros) because Deano's price will rocket when he plays first choice for England.... & On the flip side as will JOCs, when he plays in a back three alongside Harry and Gomez!! 😉

We'll need to get in there fast (before the summer Euros) because Deano's price will rocket when he plays first choice for England.... & On the flip side as will JOCs, when he plays in a back three alongside Harry and Gomez!! 😉

He may get in the squad for the Euro's but daft Gareth won't pick him yet.

Maybe the crux is getting Hendo to agree to move. He seems to think he can make it at Man Utd and displace DeGea, I personally think he’s mistaken, but if he’s said he’s not looking to sign permanently then the £20m is irrelevant.
Of course Wilders comments could be just as much a shot across his bow as Man Utd’s as in we want to do a deal but we’re not going to just hang around indefinitely if you aren’t interested in us.

Unless PSG want DDG I really don't see how Hendo gets in there for a couple of years.

Ong career, a keepers. No rush.

I see DDG was motm against City so not lost it yet.

Sell him to us for 20 million, then Man Utd can try to buy him back for 60 million in a few years time. That's their style.

Sound like a broken record here but the best option all round

is a fee in the region of £20m with a buy back of around £30m which expires in 3 years..

Nathan Ake at Bournemouth had a buy back of £40m inserted in his contract when signing from Chelsea..

Any such clause tends to come with a reduced initial fee with the initial selling club have the option to buy back for a “reasonable” fee.

He comes here for 3 years for a £20m fee.De Gea goes back to Madrid or wherever and they sign Henderson for a relatively reasonable £30m if he becomes what we all expect.

I just don't see Man poo selling us Henderson, possibly they would allow him to come back to us on loan for a 3rd season, he is too valuable for them in the next few years he will be their #1 if his performances continue as they are

is a fee in the region of £20m with a buy back of around £30m which expires in 3 years..

Nathan Ake at Bournemouth had a buy back of £40m inserted in his contract when signing from Chelsea..

Any such clause tends to come with a reduced initial fee with the initial selling club have the option to buy back for a “reasonable” fee.

He comes here for 3 years for a £20m fee.De Gea goes back to Madrid or wherever and they sign Henderson for a relatively reasonable £30m if he becomes what we all expect.
I see a hole in that. After 3 years manure have a new first choice keeper so Deano can’t get in their squad. We cant keep him and we can’t sell him without giving them the option at £30m and PSG are offering £50m.
In that scenario Manure would buy him back in and sell him on pocketing £20m en route.

Interesting idea. But I think we'd need to be very careful what buy-back figure we put on it. The value of top goalkeepers can increase exponentially in a very short space of time. Take Allison at Liverpool. Roma signed him in 2016 for 8 million Euro and Liverpool paid 80 million Euro for him 2 years later. So, in two years his market value had increased 10 fold!

All of a sudden that makes your suggested £10m profit after 3 years look a bit paltry! Especially if we do get into Europe and Henderson starts to build a strong profile on the international stage. Realistically we could be talking somewhere between 70 and 100 million for him in 3 years time. Would Man Utd sign up for that I wonder? 🤔

Anyway, he's not our player and probably never will be. Because poor lad is suffering from what a lot of our fans are suffering from...he thinks Man Utd are a bigger club with a brighter future than us! ;)

Interesting idea. But I think we'd need to be very careful what buy-back figure we put on it. The value of top goalkeepers can increase exponentially in a very short space of time. Take Allison at Liverpool. Roma signed him in 2016 for 8 million Euro and Liverpool paid 80 million Euro for him 2 years later. So, in two years his market value had increased 10 fold!

All of a sudden that makes your suggested £10m profit after 3 years look a bit paltry! Especially if we do get into Europe and Henderson starts to build a strong profile on the international stage. Realistically we could be talking somewhere between 70 and 100 million for him in 3 years time. Would Man Utd sign up for that I wonder? 🤔

Anyway, he's not our player and probably never will be. Because poor lad is suffering from what a lot of our fans are suffering from...he thinks Man Utd are a bigger club with a brighter future than us! ;)

That’s the problem with buy back clauses. The agreed but back fee is usually less than market value. Having said that the initial fee is usually less than market value to accommodate such a clause..

mom all honesty it’s the option that makes most sense for all parties.

Man Utd get a fee for a player who will develop into one of the worlds best

they’re now lumbered with De Gea for at least a few years

When De Geas time is properly up they sign a world class replacement keeper for less than they normally could.

we may miss out on £10/£20/£30m but at the same time we still profit and we get a world class keeper for 2/3/4 years..

I’d love for us to sign him permanently without such clause but it’s not looking likely.

I see a hole in that. After 3 years manure have a new first choice keeper so Deano can’t get in their squad. We cant keep him and we can’t sell him without giving them the option at £30m and PSG are offering £50m.
In that scenario Manure would buy him back in and sell him on pocketing £20m en route.

That is certainly one of the pitfalls of such clauses.

Said it on the Brege thread. On the little clip of him and Berge he says

"They're building and new ground there in the summer, I'll be rate good"

Why would he be so excited about a building he'll presumably never see. He's signing!

He's still got too many ricks in his game to replace DDG, so its a sound idea for us and manure get a top keeper with the errors sorted . Gives more time for Verrips or Eastwood to come through as well.

Back
Top Bottom