Incoming? Dean Henderson for a 3rd season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The financial side would have to be considered carefully even if Man U would agree I suspect they would want us picking up a greater share of his wages than the current deal.

this has to be looked at alongside what I suspect may be a major rebuild next summer where we are looking to both strengthen and probably replace two or three other key men who have been lured away to bigger paying clubs.

It would be odd for him to come for another year but it would be brilliant for us. As long as we stay up, there's no point him going anywhere else. Can we stipulate extra kicking lessons though?

It would make sense for Man United to loan him out to a Premier League side who aren't competing with them for a place in Europe.
If we have a successful season it would then depend which category they would place us in next season?

Ideally we’ll keep Henderson but I would’ve thought Wilder will be looking at other options as well.

If a decent keeper becomes available, then it would be nice to get a keeper on a permanent deal. Henderson is a quality keeper, but there comes a point when we need to stop developing someone else’s player whilst also paying his wages.

Ideally we’ll keep Henderson but I would’ve thought Wilder will be looking at other options as well.

If a decent keeper becomes available, then it would be nice to get a keeper on a permanent deal. Henderson is a quality keeper, but there comes a point when we need to stop developing someone else’s player whilst also paying his wages.

The best case scenario would be another year on loan to us and then Verrips being ready to be number 1.

It would make sense for Man United to loan him out to a Premier League side who aren't competing with them for a place in Europe.
If we have a successful season it would then depend which category they would place us in next season?

Imagine the scenario, where we are 5th and are in the europa, but both Man U and Tottenham don't qualify . :)

Kind of blows away all the ITKs who said we had an option to buy for £20 million if we stayed up.
Incidentally a mate of mine was told that by our dear departed owner, amazing what people say to curry favour.

Kind of blows away all the ITKs who said we had an option to buy for £20 million if we stayed up.
Incidentally a mate of mine was told that by our dear departed owner, amazing what people say to curry favour.
I know Man Utd are stupid, but I’ve never known them to put in a release fee on potential talent. I can’t imagine any player has ever asked for it either given they pay the top wages.

Now and then you uncover a gem which we have done he is an incredible talent, if the best we can hope for is loan then so be it. I've seen some great keepers at Lane but this lad is just unreal he has so much potential, like CW says his future lies at OT sadly, if up to me he'd be GK at Euro's.

It irks me that were developing this talent and unlocking his potential, and we'll be playing against him in a few years, but such is football.

Talking about loan keepers....I notice Jamal Blackman has just gone on loan to Bristol Rovers. The 'lad' is now 26, been at Chelsea for years and never come close to playing for them.

It irks me that were developing this talent and unlocking his potential, and we'll be playing against him in a few years, but such is football.

Some ex-players come back to BDTBL to play against us and get a heroes welcome, some come back and get boos and jeers, I think we all know which one Deano will get.

I totally understand the fact that he is developing with us, but will never be ours, so we are giving him the "training" for Man Utd's future. But if you look at some of the saves he has made so far this season, and how many points he has saved us, I can't imagine us doing anything different to be honest.

Yep you’re right. The pecking order in action but if it wasn’t us it’d be another club, so we may as well benefit from him while we can. If we can keep him until they’ve had enough of De Gea, hopefully 2 years, I’d settle for that.

Wasn't the loan fee alone rumoured to be around 5 mill this year? Personally think we would be better looking for a permanent option. It's alot to spend on a goalkeeper every year.

Time to start looking for a keeper me thinks. What's happend to Angus Gunn at Southampton? Someone like him I'd be happy with.

Cannot believe this is anything other than a joke?
To be fair Bertie, I'm somewhat similar minded about this. I'm in the mindset that, whilst it's good to have Hendo on loan, we're essentially getting him ready for a potential rival after next season (Should he come back) this coupled with a bigger loan fee (now they've seen he's more than capable in the premier league) doesn't seem to make sense.

For instance, lets say his loan fee is 10 million.. I'd rather we went out and bought a keeper for this figure. Least then he's our keeper, Butland would make a good example, if anything, he'd probably be available for even less. I'm not saying Butland is the same quality as Hendo, but it makes far more sense to have a keeper we own within the group, rather than leaving it to the last minute and potentially having a saga of "is he, is he not?" play out similar to last season.

I think the fact that Wilder is already in contact with Man Utd and trying to negotiate another possible loan for Hendo next season can only be positive news for us. If there wasn't any chance of it happening then the 2 clubs wouldn't be talking already.

I think he's referring to when Angus Gunn played against us for Norwich and was a complete nob head. I could be wrong though.

I am indeed.
Agree that in an ideal world we should be looking to develop our own keeper but Henderson did a wonderful job to get us into the premiership and in my opinion has more than justified his loan fee and salary in hopefully keeping us here.
Incidentally regardless of his actions at BDTBL which prompted my initial post I do not rate Gunn as a keeper

Just imagine he went to Spurs on loan next season. He plays a blinder all season and Spurs pip Man Ure to a Champions League spot

Think Deano is nailed on to be back at us next season

Is Deano gonna be No1 at Man U next season- Very Unlikley
Deano dont wanna be no2 at man united and i dont see man united loaning him to a team other than us.

Were the best place for him to be for him to carry on his development.

It not in the know it was in the court documents

We could sign a keeper for £10m on a 3 year deal on £40k p/w wages, who isn't half as good as Henderson, then leaves for free when his contract is out.

Or we can get Hendo for another year with a £5m loan fee. At the end of this, we've had him 3 years, spent £10m on fees, and a lot less than £40k p/w on wages, then goes back to Man Utd.

We won't be able to get anyone as good as him, for as long as we've had him, for the figures involved. Another year's loan will do nicely.

Back
Top Bottom