De Girolamo

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1danewhitehouse

Reaction score
Nigel Adkins has been quoted as saying DDG needs to get fir and learn what it takes to be a professional.

Is that a veiled dig at the lad’s attitude? It’s been questioned on a few occasions previously.

It’s looking to me like this lad might plummet like the Lee Morris and Owen Morrison’s of this world. Talent alone won’t get him where he needs to be.

Nigel Adkins has been quoted as saying DDG needs to get fir and learn what it takes to be a professional.

Is that a veiled dig at the lad’s attitude? It’s been questioned on a few occasions previously.

It’s looking to me like this lad might plummet like the Lee Morris and Owen Morrison’s of this world. Talent alone won’t get him where he needs to be.

Well at least his sleeve tattoo will look great when he is working on the checkout at Tesco in 5 years time.

Bit harsh on Lee Morris. Bad injury rather than bad attitude was his problem.

Can't believe Adkins hasn't played him every game and built the team around him, or was Clough right about the lad despite getting lashed to fuck about it on here?
The trouble with being in this division is you have a very limited pool of clubs who will take your cast offs and teach them good attitude.

Well at least his sleeve tattoo will look great when he is working on the checkout at Tesco in 5 years time.

Surely you mean that when his looks fade, the money runs out, his fame ceases and he ends up working on the checkout girl at Tesco's in 5 years time??

However the thought of the lack of flash crumpet (no offence Tesco lasses) may motivate him to use his talent....

Where has NA said that 1DW?

I was a big supporter of DDG and felt that a lot of the criticism he received a few months back was way over the top. However he really needs to apply himself as 'talent' only gets you so far, hard work and dedication to your chosen profession takes you the rest of the way. I do hope he sorts it out recovers from his injury and kicks on.

Where has NA said that 1DW?

I was a big supporter of DDG and felt that a lot of the criticism he received a few months back was way over the top. However he really needs to apply himself as 'talent' only gets you so far, hard work and dedication to your chosen profession takes you the rest of the way. I do hope he sorts it out recovers from his injury and kicks on.
Out of interest, what have you seen from him to be a big supporter of him? I've only seen him play away at Preston in the FA Cup last year and he looked good for the second half alongside Higdon, the rest of the game he was poor. The latter tying in better with the comments from others on here who've seen him through the academy and U21's

I'm not having a dig at him, but the stuff which comes out about his attitude versus Lou Reed's attitude is more favourable... I.e. Nothing

de Geralamo it appears is one of those that shines and looks great against teenagers , but cant make the jump to playing against hardened pros who give him the odd fisons sandwich
How many england under 18s disappear never to be seen again
Videos of wonder goals in under 18 tournaments are ten a penny

when he has a video of his first 20 goal season he will be a player

Out of interest, what have you seen from him to be a big supporter of him? I've only seen him play away at Preston in the FA Cup last year and he looked good for the second half alongside Higdon, the rest of the game he was poor. The latter tying in better with the comments from others on here who've seen him through the academy and U21's

I'm not having a dig at him, but the stuff which comes out about his attitude versus Lou Reed's attitude is more favourable... I.e. Nothing

I've seen him at a few Academy games I've been to over the years and he invariably seemed way above the other lads in skill and that undefinable quality talent. I saw his goals at York in that short spell also (You Tube). Also you get to hear what club coaches have said over the years and they have spoken about him in glowing terms.

Attitude has been discussed on here and initially I was dismissive, as some folk do like a dig, but the more I hear the more I get the impression that there is a question mark over his attitude and his determination and drive to make that step up from youth football to the professional game. Again I hope he buckles down gets over his injury problem and proves a lot of people wrong as there is certainly something there.

I've seen him at a few Academy games I've been to over the years and he invariably seemed way above the other lads in skill and that undefinable quality talent. I saw his goals at York in that short spell also (You Tube). Also you get to hear what club coaches have said over the years and they have spoken about him in glowing terms.

Attitude has been discussed on here and initially I was dismissive, as some folk do like a dig, but the more I hear the more I get the impression that there is a question mark over his attitude and his determination and drive to make that step up from youth football to the professional game. Again I hope he buckles down gets over his injury problem and proves a lot of people wrong as there is certainly something there.

He's our own version of Johnny Manziel

Cheers for that, seems everyone has talked up Diego and there's undoubtedly talent in there, but for some reason he's not handling it. He seemed more interested in the big move, the big time deal rather than knuckling down and making it at the lane first.

i think the difference with players like the kyles and Diego is that they just came in and did it, Diego has had limited chances at United but he's also not taken the chances given to him. Is he too much of a luxury for league one/ two? Possibly

Don't write him off just yet, Adkins certainly hasn't.

Well he needs to sort his head out if he's going to get back on track anytime soon.

Adkins hasn't written off Collins either, but he needs to ;)

Interview will probably be up later, but here's the source.

So when Clough said and did similar he was a bully.

Is Adkins to soft with players that needed moving on? Collins, JCR and Diego have all had the arm around the shoulder from Adkins, but did they need to be made an example of by him instead of wiping the slate clean?

I can just see Diego waltzing around shirecliffe on - cap on backwards, new alloys and private plate on his Corsa, tweeting away about his new sleeve whilst Adkins auto Glyms the rims...

Well, whatever the situation, I do like Diego's new hoodie - it's very dapper

So when Clough said and did similar he was a bully.

Is Adkins to soft with players that needed moving on? Collins, JCR and Diego have all had the arm around the shoulder from Adkins, but did they need to be made an example of by him instead of wiping the slate clean?

I can just see Diego waltzing around shirecliffe on - cap on backwards, new alloys and private plate on his Corsa, tweeting away about his new sleeve whilst Adkins auto Glyms the rims...

And Collins laughably posing as a fucking defender laughing his Bollox off that we as a club have paid the useless fucker probably around 250000 bastard pounds to his bank account!

And Collins laughably posing as a fucking defender laughing his Bollox that we as a club have paid the useless fucker probably around 250000 bastard pounds to his bank account!
He has to go, January or summer. I'd play 3 at the back instead. Fuck it

Bit harsh on Lee Morris. Bad injury rather than bad attitude was his problem.

Can't believe Adkins hasn't played him every game and built the team around him, or was Clough right about the lad despite getting lashed to fuck about it on here?
The trouble with being in this division is you have a very limited pool of clubs who will take your cast offs and teach them good attitude.

Yeah Morris had a bad injury. So did DdG. With both it’s not clear whether their attitude has been a factor in their inability to kick on following the injury though. In defence of those criticising Clough at the time, I would say that he’s now behind Sharp, Sammon, Adams, McNulty, Done, Higdon and possibly even DCL and Wright for a striking role whereas this time last year we had Porter, Higdon and McNulty. In those days, you would hope he might be worth a place on the bench or when Higdon and McNulty were injured, maybe the odd start. I don’t think most were saying he was a world-beater, more that our options were so bad he had to be worth a go given his reputation as such a talent.

Interview here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p037vr73

Summary:
  • Lot of hype over the summer
  • Barely been able to stay consistently fit
  • Has to understand what it means to be a pro – it's about what you do 7 days a week
  • Happy to loan out if anyone wants him (the suggestion being his lack of fitness to date might not make him an attractive option)

I can just see Diego waltzing around shirecliffe on - cap on backwards, new alloys and private plate on his Corsa (Range Rover), tweeting away about his new sleeve whilst Adkins auto Glyms the rims...

Probably not far from the truth. However I have corrected it for you and I kid you not!:(

When a league 1 reserves player is driving round in a range rover, you know the world has gone mad
It's no wonder our wage bill is so high. How many more kids are there earning more than most of us do?
It's not just us either. It's the English game. Foreign clubs are staggered at how much we pay kids and say that's why so many fail at first team level; it's all too easy for them and they lack desire.

Back
Top Bottom