De gea

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Is it half term already, or did someone close the "hilarious" rumour mill forum?

More chance of Michael Brown re signing than De Gea! Even aside of that it won't happen, wherever he goes he'll want about £300,000 a week or something similar, so whoever wants him is going to have to pay silly money you would have thought. No doubt they'll be interest from Saudi too.

I assumed he’d gone to Saudi. Wonder where he will end up. Surely someone will take him

It's not like he needs the money, and that tapas place in murderhell isn't that bad

Not sure he’s a man United legend given the period they’re going through and the true legends they’ve had.

Barthez was better and he was a car crash at times.

Beckham and Ronaldo didn’t even make it as Man U legends

As for De Gea. I’d take him as a 1 season pay as you play on £5k a week plus bonus for reaching champions league. Take it or leave it, pal.

Hendo played second fiddle to him chasing his dream and neither got what they wanted, too much money paid out too early
Absolutely this.
Both incredible keepers.
Both on astronomical wages.
One can retire with his, the other is having to graft a lot further down the league now than he expected.

De Gea is a decent keeper but very much overrated. He made many a mistake between the sticks for MU and wasn't top level like you would expect him to be for the money he went a week. But then that's just MU chucking money at decent (but not top level) players and why they got themselves into an almighty mess. As for the lad himself, he can either retire and sit counting his cash or he will have to have a reality check and realise that he will never get paid anything like what he was at MU unless some Saudi club with more oil money than sense get involved.

Personally, I'm not sure I'd want him over Wes and with why he'd want financially (and expecting to be number 1) he ain't worth the baggage. Plenty of keepers put there who I rate higher such as Cooper at Plymouth and the lad at Rotherham. Both would be on a fraction of the wage he would want.

Fuck de Gea, he's just an incredibly expensive George Long.

More chance of Michael Brown re signing than De Gea! Even aside of that it won't happen, wherever he goes he'll want about £300,000 a week or something similar, so whoever wants him is going to have to pay silly money you would have thought. No doubt they'll be interest from Saudi too.

There's something off with a player just not playing. I can't help but think there is something more than him just not getting a good offer

There's something off with a player just not playing. I can't help but think there is something more than him just not getting a good offer
Maybe, after playing for Man U, he thinks he's far better than he is, and has that type of attitude, like most Man U players seem to have?

He once got caught parking in a disabled bay, selfish twat can get fucked,

He once got caught parking in a disabled bay, selfish twat can get fucked,
There was a story about his early days and him going into a shop in Manchester and taking some donuts and not paying, thinking he could just take them being an Man U player! Funny what sticks in your mind about people. (That said, possibly absolute rubbish!)

Kin ell
If yesterdays demotion wasn’t grim enough you go & awaken another (greater?) nightmare
Only been the once but I’d recognise Altrincham even 40 odd years later - 3-0 gubbin in a FA Cup (1st round) replay
Perhaps things aren’t quite as shite as we think ?!?

Last edited:

How old is he now? 34 in November, still youngish by GK standards definitely has another 2-3 years in him

Back
Top Bottom