David Holdsworth

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Did he live in Dore? Vaguely remember him knocking about there. I feel like him and Katchouro lived on Long Line but my minds fuzzy. Somewhat nostalgic days, but never really led to anything.

Did he live in Dore? Vaguely remember him knocking about there. I feel like him and Katchouro lived on Long Line but my minds fuzzy. Somewhat nostalgic days, but never really led to anything.

I saw him jogging on Limb Lane a few years ago (long after he retired) so I think he probably does live in Dore, even now.

One of the coaches for the day, In a charity match some of us on here played in, a few years back at The 'Lane. Great bloke.

Ashfurlong Road. Katchouro lived on Devonshire Road

Does he still not live in Sheffield? I’m sure he was as his mrs is from here, could be wrong like.

T
On Undr the cosh patreon episode, talks about his time at united under Kendall. Mentions Wednesday tried to sign him after he was at Bolton and turned them down because he was a blade. Dont see that much these days!
Thanks for sharing, will watch that for sure but is it out yet?

One of my favourite ever Blades and yet he wasn't in a side that achieved something notable but his time with United was notable if that makes sense. He's in my favourite 11 alongside Egan!

T

Thanks for sharing, will watch that for sure but is it out yet?

One of my favourite ever Blades and yet he wasn't in a side that achieved something notable but his time with United was notable if that makes sense. He's in my favourite 11 alongside Egan!
It’s out but only on Patreon, like 3 quid a month for two exclusive episodes. I don’t usually pay extra for out like that but I love the podcast. I don’t think it will go on there public posts either. If you work in a job we’re you have time to listen to podcasts/music it’s definitely worth the monthly fee, must be about 60+ extra episodes on there at moment including Webber, Tonge etc

Does he still not live in Sheffield? I’m sure he was as his mrs is from here, could be wrong like.
Not sure if he's with the same girl but he did live with someone i knew from nights out in town many years ago

An ex-colleague told me he lived near him in Totley not so long ago.

Also said he’s an interesting character. A charismatic chap but a bit edgy with it.

Somewhere up that way, maybe Totley. A work mate who lives there used to train with him and play 5 a side.

Reg, which was his nickname, was Mr 100%. When I used to introduce the mascots to him, he insisted that they shook hands with him sat down in front of his shirt in the dressing room, a true gentleman and professional.
He must have only been playing for blades as I started going to matches but, for someone who had 3 seasons say that he loved united and was a blade for life, can’t knock him.

Reg, which was his nickname, was Mr 100%. When I used to introduce the mascots to him, he insisted that they shook hands with him sat down in front of his shirt in the dressing room, a true gentleman and professional.
Doesn’t get talked about enough as being one of our very good captains.

I always got the impression he would have liked to have stayed with us longer.

Doesn’t get talked about enough as being one of our very good captains.

I always got the impression he would have liked to have stayed with us longer.
I think he would have if united went up and Kendall stayed but too much stuff going on upstairs. When you look at Spackman, Thompson, Bruce can’t blame him. Wasn’t a great time being a blade round then 😂 mediocrity until 06/07

I note you never post memories about the day you facilitated a young forum administrator sitting on Nathan Blake's knee? 🤣

It’s out but only on Patreon, like 3 quid a month for two exclusive episodes. I don’t usually pay extra for out like that but I love the podcast. I don’t think it will go on there public posts either. If you work in a job we’re you have time to listen to podcasts/music it’s definitely worth the monthly fee, must be about 60+ extra episodes on there at moment including Webber, Tonge etc
None of the Patreon ones have ever subsequently appeared on their free channel.

An incredibly high proportion of their podcasts with ex-Blades seem to be on the patreon, for some reason.

Goal vs Coventry in the FA Cup was an absolute classic

Back
Top Bottom