Danny Shittu

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Im not sure on this one or the Marlon King loan either.

If either sign for us, who will miss out as surely part of the loan agreement will be for them to play, the same as whats in Bunns loan agreement.

We already know that Hendo is a going to play, we've got a £3million striker that Im sure will play as many games as he's fit for, we already have a striker on the right wing in Wardy, and he's going to play whilst fit and scoring goals, so where will a Premier League striker play??? May aswell stay in the prem and warm the bench than drop a division and warm the bench. :confused:

The same basically applies to Shittu, if Morgs and Killa are fit and available then why change the best back four in this division? Is a prem league player going to come and warm our bench instead?? :confused:

I appreciate we need some more bodies to provide backup/cover but always thought it didnt make sense to get premier league players on loan unless you are going to play them.

Anybody got any inside info on what Killa's asking for? I'm all for making him a top offer but not so far in front of everybody else to cause problems.

I understand that it is somewhere around £25K per week, but I also understand that the two sides are not too far apart either.

Is this the same Danny Shittu that used to be at QPR and Watford?

He's bloody awful, dire, terrible, shocking. He's just a big useless lump, not fit to lace either Killa or Morgs boots.

If he's worth 1.5 million then Killa's worth 10million and an Injured Jags is worth 25million.

Is this the same Danny Shittu that used to be at QPR and Watford?

He's bloody awful, dire, terrible, shocking. He's just a big useless lump, not fit to lace either Killa or Morgs boots.

If he's worth 1.5 million then Killa's worth 10million and an Injured Jags is worth 25million.

Agreed.

Although we will sign him and keep aiming to form a full ex watford starting 11.

From the Mirror..........

Bolton centre half Danny Shittu has turned down a loan move to Sheffield United - because he does not want to step down from the Premier League.

The Nigerian defender was cleared to go to the Blades for a three-month spell with a view to a sale, but he has opted to stay at the Reebok to the surprise of both clubs.

Shittu battled long and hard to get to Wanderers and thinks there is a Premier League move for him in the next window if he keeps his standards up.

However boss Gary Megson is unlikely to promote Shittu in the pecking order and the arrival of young defender Mark Connolly from Wolves could push him further down the list.

Let me guess we were banking on getting him then.

Turned us down!! What a mug. He's shit anyway and i never wanted him in the first place but i reckon he's got wind of our intense training and fitness regime and thought it better to sit on his fat ass at Bolton and just draw a wage. It's these kinds of players who make me sick with their big time charlie attitude. Megson's told him he don't figure for him so which other prem clubs does he genuinally think are lookin at him? You'd think he'd jump at the chance to join a big club who are looking to be in a strong promotion push.

I'm glad hes not coming. Not because I think hes a poor player, he's not, but its what we do to give people nicknames

Morgan = Morgs
Beattie = Beats
Cotterill = Cotts

I think you can see where im going...

I'm glad hes not coming. Not because I think hes a poor player, he's not, but its what we do to give people nicknames

Morgan = Morgs
Beattie = Beats
Cotterill = Cotts

I think you can see where im going...

Take some extra bog rolls with you!

:D:D:D

He's always seemed pretty solid at this level. Might be worth a punt on a short-term contract.

He seemed his normal aerially dominant self in the away game we played at the Den this season - and most of the moments-of-concern we had I think were due to him at set-pieces.

Well I think he doesnt fall into the Millwall wage structure which is why they have not kept him on longer.

Ive never rated him really but I guess needs must at the moment.

I thought he looked really good a couple of seasons ago but not seen much of him recently.

I remember him picking up the ball in his own half when he played for QPR at the Lane a few years ago. Ran the full length of the pitch, past about 5 of our players and almost scored.

Quote from the then Blackpool manager Steve McMahon, 'Danny can head the ball further than the rest of my lot can kick it'.

Would be an excellent signing IMO but wages will be a problem as ever.

I think Warnock has had one them bring a club legend back moment signings probably he got wind we might be interested and just signed him. lol

I remember him picking up the ball in his own half when he played for QPR at the Lane a few years ago. Ran the full length of the pitch, past about 5 of our players and almost scored.

You ended your story before the part where, after said run, he stood on the halfway line for 5 minutes suffering from what looked like an asthma attack.

Back
Top Bottom