CONFIRMED Daniel Lafferty - permanent 2.5 year deal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If the package is right for the club then i would be happy enough for Utd to sign this lad up permanently. Hopefully either an 18 month contract or a maximum of 2.5 years deal. No longer than that though.

Solid pro who will give you a steady performance week in week out. Whilst not of the same level admittedly, i recall Dennis Irwin at Man Utd was just a very steady eddie who gave Fergie a 7 out of 10 performance in the league every week. On a lower scale i could see Lafferty doing similar for Utd and he is a natural left footed player. I like him and think there's plenty more to come from him and that he will get better with us over time. As hes out of contract in the summer i think its a formality that he will come in permanently this window too. Would be a solid signing.

When u look at what weve had over the recent years at left back (Mceveley, Harris, Taylor, etc) you realise that perhaps those not wanting Laffs are perhaps just being a tad greedy. We are still only a div 1 club after all - well at least for the next 5 months anyway... ;)
This. If we had two wing backs doing what Freeman does and getting in the opposition 6 yard box we might find we'd have problems elsewhere. He's physical, good in air and looks a proper left back to me who could probably cover at centre back if needed. They are all qualities we might need more of in a higher division

It seems unnecessary to pay a fee when we could sign him on a free in the summer. But it's not like United to spend money unnecessarily. Maybe it's a slight amendment to a loan fee or maybe we would've had to pay some sort of fee in the summer. It should make financial sense because we were under no pressure to get a permanent transfer done.

I don't think we would have been under pressure as far as the clubs were concerned, but I am sure Wilder wanted this lad to be settled down. He's a good egg and a hard worker. Yes he could have come on a free at the end of the season but anything could happen (injury etc) and now that is all sorted. The player might move over. He's done right by Wilder so I think this is a case of Wilder returning favour.

Would have preferred this to be a loan extension like with EEL. Genuinely don't think he'll cut it in the Championship.

UTB

25 years?????

Oh, sorry!

;)

Good signing, very good in fact.

Let's not expect too much straight away though. Young player still developing IMO

Lafferty not in the side on Saturday and we lose...does the boot fit?

Lafferty not in the side on Saturday and we lose...does the boot fit?
yeah it does laffertys signing is another great bit of business by tufty divides opinion and makes the odd mistake but for me a vital cog in our system

He reminds me a lot of Gary Naysmith from a few years ago

Would that be Sicknote Naysmith who was here for three years?

Out of a possible 138 league games he managed 77.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=9447

We spunked £1m and £20k per week (so about £5m all together including NI and pension) for a left back we didn't need, because Mogadon Man didn't fancy Armstrong or Geary.

I wouldn't insult Lafferty by comparing him to that wage theif.

Back
Top Bottom