Cue meltdown

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Let's look at his objectively:

She knowingly, went out, ended up severely intoxicated and ended up in a hotel room in an....ahem...'intimate'...position with someone/ two people she'd literally met that night....anyone who does that and/or puts themselves in that position where it becomes a possible occurrence is either:

1, Less than the innocent victim (or what has been referred to in earlier posts)
2, Genuinely thick

For me, when you do that you almost lose all right to make accusations afterwards- its not like they were going to get in the hotel room for game of scrabble now is it?

I smelt a rat once it was revealed that she 'couldn't remember' giving consent which in itself is not sufficient for a conviction, the burden falls on the prosecution to prove BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT that no such consent had been given. We all know the reason he was convicted and why a 'rank and file' member of the public may not have been.

Is he an <insert expletive>? Yes 100%, and I find his actions morally repugnant given he had a girlfriend and was clearly looking to take advantage of a situation, as was MacDonald. The fact both of them presumably thought they were untouchable is clearly a prominent factor.

The fact that he is still labelled and singled out in the way that he is as a criminal is disingenuous and born out the politics of envy.

For me, when you do that you almost lose all right to make accusations afterwards- its not like they were going to get in the hotel room for game of scrabble now is it?

Posh, as I remember reading it, the girl didn't make accusations.
It seems the police did that and she, presumably, was 'persuaded' to go along with it

Given that we aren't in a transfer window and you can't sign players until after the end of the season, it is not really news that, er, we won't be signing Evans till after the end of the season.

Yes, quite. Though the suggestion seems to be that it will be announced well before the window opens (and the admin can be done). They'll probably be something a week or two after the season finishes I reckon.

You would have thought that giddings would have known that the transfer window isn't open yet?. There was no need to leak the story on Tuesday but typical shit journalism from a piggy !!!. He had to do something to try and detract from our celebrations on Sunday!!. If ched fails his medical and doesn't sign, he's going to look very stupid but he's a snort beast so he's used to that already!!. Anyway let's all enjoy the party on Sunday!. I'm really looking forward to a packed BDTBL. Utb

You would have thought that giddings would have known that the transfer window isn't open yet?. There was no need to leak the story on Tuesday but typical shit journalism from a piggy !!!. He had to do something to try and detract from our celebrations on Sunday!!. If ched fails his medical and doesn't sign, he's going to look very stupid but he's a snort beast so he's used to that already!!. Anyway let's all enjoy the party on Sunday!. I'm really looking forward to a packed BDTBL. Utb

The transfer window not being officially open is irrelevant. The signing will be announced well before then – probably within a couple of weeks I'd have thought.

Giddings is a Halifax fan.

The transfer window not being officially open is irrelevant. The signing will be announced well before then – probably within a couple of weeks I'd have thought.

They will look silly once they find out we are signing Corry Evans from Blackburn.

It still makes me wonder if SU wanted this news to released in dribs and drabs and have been working with Radio Sheffield to release the news in a calm low key "drip feed" manner.

It lessens the impact and gives SU time to judge media reaction and the feelings from its own fans.
Once the signing official happens, the general national reaction may well be "big deal, so what"

It still makes me wonder if SU wanted this news to released in dribs and drabs and have been working with Radio Sheffield to release the news in a calm low key "drip feed" manner.

It lessens the impact and gives SU time to judge media reaction and the feelings from its own fans.
Once the signing official happens, the general national reaction may well be "big deal, so what"

Makes a change from 9/11, JFK and the moon landings.....

There are some very sheltered people with old fashioned values on this forum who haven't seen much life.

They don't realise that many young men and women get paralyticlllay drunk then have sex with whoever they can. Then one or both can't remember anything the next day. Also loads of young adults have threesomes, group sex etc. There are male, and believe it or not female sexual predators out every weekend but some men refuse to believe that some women love sex and will sleep with anyone because they love sex. But I suppose some of the old fashioned types would call them slags because in their mind women aren't allowed to enjoy and want sex more than men.

One of the big issues is the sexualisatiion and drink culture within society. Times are so different to when the rape laws were writtten. Technically speaking rape probably occurs 1000's of times a week but those women and men wouldn't even class it as rape.

Thats the reason Ched was found not guilty on trial because very similar events have happened regularly to the girl. Remember she never accused Ched of rape because she couldn't remember, that's the difference. It's weird but surely it must be a relief to the girl to realise she wasn't raped after all but so many people want to be offended and assume she didn't want a threesome, simply because in their morals they refuse to believe any girl could ever want a threesome

The only thing I can say in reply to this post regarding the disgusting morals of today's youth is that I wish I was 21 again.

Giddings to surely join Staton on the shortlist for the Pulitzer Prize now?

Is this the first time in the club's history when people are complaining that we are paying 'too much' for a player? XD Makes a nice change :D

(And for what its worth it will probably be up to 500k depending on how well he/we do next season. 500k is not a lot of money for a player in the championship. He has the potential to be a 5 million pound player, or a 100k player, its a small gamble IMO)

http://www.skysports.com/transfer/n...et-to-join-sheffield-united-from-chesterfield

So there we are, signed in everything but name. It was a shame the information has leaked, yes there was a meltdown on the forum and it was featured widely on the media for a few days but the storm has clearly passed and there hasn't been any significant outrage or damage.
Almost right!
It was "all over" the media for the first 24 hrs (BBC early morning TV had subtitle on screen saying: "Blades sign ex-striker Evans") then one more day in sports pages but no big issue.
And then the same 50 or so regulars on here plus about 9 or 10 new names argued back and forth, over and over and over again for another 2 to 3 days.

Then THIRTY ONE THOUSAND turned out to cheer the Blades :rolleyes:

Maybe a 'meltdown' in the imagination?

When do you think we'll get to hear from the man himself? I understand why there's been no fan fair but I imagine BBC RS / Sky Sports have at least asked the question to speak to him. I respect the club / Ched for keeping a low profile but I'm bored. So bored.

When do you think we'll get to hear from the man himself? I understand why there's been no fan fair but I imagine BBC RS / Sky Sports have at least asked the question to speak to him. I respect the club / Ched for keeping a low profile but I'm bored. So bored.
Hopefully after he's scored his second hat-trick. ;)

Can't see the benefit here....

Clubs moved on. Why are we risking the squad harmony and reputation for a player who's barely played never mind scored this season.

Strikes me as much more trouble than it's worth.

I think the squad harmony and club reputation has not been affected at all. He'll be making his competitive debut tonight, wonder what sort of reception there'll be. Polite applause I hope, nothing else.

UTB

I think the squad harmony and club reputation has not been affected at all. He'll be making his competitive debut tonight, wonder what sort of reception there'll be. Polite applause I hope, nothing else.

UTB

I am sure you eerrrr I mean Ched will get a good wellcome back to the lane tonight. ;)

P.S - Bagging a couple of goals would do any harm either, any way get back to training young man... ;)

Back
Top Bottom