Match Thread Crystal Palace v. Sheffield United - 2nd January 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

CRY
CRY
CRY

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1609325633820.png v. 1609325641621.png
EPL Week 17 - Saturday 2nd January 2021 - Selhurst Park

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/crystal-palace-vs-sheffield-united.525/

Officials:

Referee:
Stuart Attwell
Assistant Referee: Marc Perry
Assistant Referee: Peter Kirkup
Fourth Official: Keith Stroud
Video Assistant Referee: Andre Marriner
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Richard West

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-12-30 at 10.56.28.png

The wilder 180s are insane this season. Week ago Moose couldn’t play 40 mins - now he’s started 2 games & Jack Robinson wasn’t worthy of LCB, but he clearly doesn’t back Kean there now, so much so that we switch the whole left side when Robinson gets injured/covid

Worried about Stevens at CB, worried about that midfield, worried about that bench. Win incoming then

Shame not to see Brunt on the bench. But I quite like the team. Osborn and Bogle should provide the energy down the wings! UTB

I actually don't mind the look of this team. The state of that bench though really shows what we are up against right now.

That looks a very weak and negative line up to me .

Hope I’m wrong , but I’m guessing Zaha and Eze will have a field day .

That looks a very weak and negative line up to me .

Hope I’m wrong , but I’m guessing Zaha and Eze will have a field day .
They didn't have a field day against a 10 men Villa for 45 minutes.

Pretty confident today but I've said that in past.

I know Hackford probably won't come on, but you never know, I really wish the kid well and hope he enjoys the experience if he doesn't come on.

Maybe there is no one else to put on bench.

we have a U-23 squad. Logical thing to do would be to pull some players out of that to the full squad if we're struggling. Yes, the bubble, but Hackford has magically managed to do it. I'd rather have some young midfielders rather than none.

I know Hackford probably won't come on, but you never know, I really wish the kid well and hope he enjoys the experience if he doesn't come on.
Attacking wise, there's only Brewster ahead of him and didsy and mousset can't do 90 minutes. I wouldn't be surprised to see him for 10 15 when we're inevitably 1 0 down

We have a U-23 squad.
I'm pretty sure with covid manager's can't just chuck u23s with the travelling squad, especially if player's are ruled out like a day before the game

we have a U-23 squad. Logical thing to do would be to pull some players out of that to the full squad if we're struggling. Yes, the bubble, but Hackford has magically managed to do it. I'd rather have some young midfielders rather than none.
I hope the journos ask him about it regardless of result. Be interesting to hear why brunt etc isn't on there.

Stevens, Fleck and Norwood all starting is like playing with 8 men.

God only knows what has happened to those three.

Think they got abducted by aliens in March.

Optimistic today! Best line up we can put out. Might have put Bogle in for Ampadu instead of Baldock but it's of 8 of last season's players plus Ampadu, Bogle and Ramsdale.

Attacking wise, there's only Brewster ahead of him and didsy and mousset can't do 90 minutes. I wouldn't be surprised to see him for 10 15 when we're inevitably 1 0 down
I mean you are spot on and that's totally plausible, but I think Didzy can do 90, still a work horse. I want to see him, we need someone without fear looking to impress maybe he can provide that

I'm pretty sure with covid manager's can't just chuck u23s with the travelling squad, especially if player's are ruled out like a day before the game

Well, he has with Hackford. Common sense would dictate that with the number of games, known injuries and COID, that you'd probably err on the safe side and move a few of the younger players up to the senior squad, just in case?

Benteke will score a header. Or he will win a header to setup Zaha to score.

Well, he has with Hackford. Common sense would dictate that with the number of games, known injuries and COID, that you'd probably err on the safe side and move a few of the younger players up to the senior squad, just in case?
Again I've not really got a clue but my guess would be that with McBurnie + Sharp 100% out we managed to get Hackford tested in time.

No Eze, at least

_HKjBgPi

Back
Top Bottom