Outgoing? Coulibaly out on loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Given some of the buys we made in the summer it's not beyond the realms of possibility we could find someone daft enough to pay £10 million for him I suppose

Just needs a pre season, preferably somewhere else with us not footing the bill.

What the hell has taken us so long

This is a prime example of why we so rarely extract anything approaching full value for the players we sell (give away)

Need to improve in this department, and start acting like it matters

Was a very odd signing.

Bought then loaned to Belgium where he seemed to do very well initially, which then allegedly saw Milan interested in a purchase of around £10m I believe it was.
This saw some sections of club support to demand he be brought to his owning club which was denied….he then apparently became less good in Belgium but came back to us anyway, for it to be revealed he was injured….then he played in a couple of games…then injury….then despite us being dreadful he’s not considered for game time and has hardly been seen.

A player who will be heralded by some no doubt once he’s gone, but in reality didn’t really look like he had a clue when he did play the odd minutes. Some nice touches but that was about it.

Being honest, another waste of money, and at the time there was rumour that Wilder was not happy with it as it took funds he wanted for the United team. So we have to say it was another failure of UW.
Should we have sold?? Of course- If that was a genuine bid and not agent/aper talk. I suspect if a bid like that had come in we would have done so I don’t believe a genuine bid ever materialised.

Hopefully he’s going and we can consider another deadwood squad member gone at last.

He’s terrible always has been. Was just a big media spin that’s all. We tried and failed. It’s a theme with our recruitment.

A shame really as I thought he did really well against Spurs in the FA cup.
Except one of the least confident and most playground finishes in recent memory! Pretty big chance on left foot, bit of an angle, but screwed left foot shot wide like he'd never shot on his left before 🫣

Was a very odd signing.

Bought then loaned to Belgium where he seemed to do very well initially, which then allegedly saw Milan interested in a purchase of around £10m I believe it was.
This saw some sections of club support to demand he be brought to his owning club which was denied….he then apparently became less good in Belgium but came back to us anyway, for it to be revealed he was injured….then he played in a couple of games…then injury….then despite us being dreadful he’s not considered for game time and has hardly been seen.
He had to be loaned straight out due to Brexit. He wouldn't have got a work permit to come to England.

That 1st season in Belgium, it sounded like we'd made the signing of the century. Sometimes things don't pan out as we'd like, it's nobody's fault.

He had to be loaned straight out due to Brexit. He wouldn't have got a work permit to come to England.

That 1st season in Belgium, it sounded like we'd made the signing of the century. Sometimes things don't pan out as we'd like, it's nobody's fault.
Turns out the Belgium league isn't as strong as championship or premier league I am shocked to learn this

Turns out the Belgium league isn't as strong as championship or premier league I am shocked to learn this
To be fair, one of the teams was doing very well in the CL.

But yes as you drop down the top league the resources and standards of the lower teams are very different to the handful who compete for honours.

The poorer teams in the top division I’d expect to struggle in the Championship. They don’t have the resources to compete.

Let’s be fair, teams like Coventry have spent a fair amount of time in the bottom half this season, have a 30k seater stadium and average about 20k.

That would put them second highest in Belgium.

With no disrespect meant to PurpleRain there is just more support in England.

Beerschot currently top the averages in the second tier with 7k. Rotherham are bottom on attendance in the Championship and average less than a hundred off 11k.

As for Coulibaly, he made a promising start in Norway, progressed in his first season in Belgium and then got injured. He’s never been able to recapture that form or fitness. Shame for the lad but it happens a lot I’m sure. Look at the promise of Diego DiGirolamo and after a bad injury he’s in the 6th tier. Looked a world beater.

Last edited:
Except one of the least confident and most playground finishes in recent memory! Pretty big chance on left foot, bit of an angle, but screwed left foot shot wide like he'd never shot on his left before 🫣
In fairness, i've seen archer do that same finish on his left very recently.

In fairness, i've seen archer do that same finish on his left very recently.
I know what you mean, but that one was particularly bad. He never looked that bad in his appearances generally though.

Beacuse no players from the Belgium league have ended up being any good.

Got it.
Most of them jump over pretty quickly and don't tend to hang about no doubt good individuals come from smaller countries but that doesn't make the league good.

Coulibaly had one top season, when he was labeled an improved version of Sambi Lokonga who was signed by Arsenal and now loaned out to Luton. Unfortunately he got injured and never refound his form. As concerns the Belgian league compared to English leagues you cannot measure it in terms of attendance as we have a small population and many teams on a small territory. Fact is Belgian football has been producing world class players all most continuously so the level is not so bad as you think. It’s just different and not comparable to English football where there is more money and bigger crowds. The Millwall Blades game I saw last season was really poor in terms of standard of play. Those games with little display of skill occur in every league. Can’t draw conclusions. We would like to challenge you for a friendly game but princey doesn’t fancy it. Anyway both you and us have other things to worry about then the rise and fall of Coulibaly. I wish him all the best.

Like a lot of our players, got better in the eyes of fans the more he didn’t play for us.

Back
Top Bottom