Could going down be such a bad thing ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Has this club ever had so many exciting young players?

Berge/Mcburnie/Brewster/Bogle/Burke/ plus coulibaly in Belgium and arari in the yooof

Going down would give them the chance to develop a lot easier than fighting relegation again and become far better players for it
Age old question, do we want to support a winning team in a lower division or watch them loose every week in a higher division but with the opportunity to see world class players & teams at the lane

Are you being deliberately obtuse or what,? Yes, I saw Panorama last week. He is not a criminal until he is convicted of a criminal offence. He may or may not be an autocratic, narcissistic ruler of a despotic kingdom. He is not a criminal which is what you asserted. Have you got it now.?
Where do you get the idea that you have to be convicted of a criminal offence to be a criminal?
More to the point, why did you bring it up in relation to the Prince?

Might be a better idea to knock promotion and relegation on the head and have something akin to the NFL system..

Tin hat firmly planted on head.
But the NFL system if I recall correctly allows the worse teams first pick of the new season draft. Without such a system in place in football what is to stop an owner who is no longer interested continuing to put out a team of players who put on rubbish performances not just week in week out but year in, year out, would you want to watch that, just for the prestige of being in the Premiership? For me, that’s why promotion and relegation are a necessity.

McBurnie- not as talented as McGoldrick
True. He isn't.
Ramsdale- not as talented as Henderson

We didn't own Henderson. ...
What does the matter of owning a certain key player has to do with anything when comparing different sides? Back in the day we had Hendo playing for us, and now you're saying that the team having Ramsdale as the GK is supposedly somehow better?
Others

Bogle - regarded as our shining light this year and looks a real talent. Most would want him to keep Baldock out of the team, so yeah I'd say we've improved the position.
So "most would say", and your conclusion is that what "most would say" indicates a given fact and really means that this someone is certainly better? I'm not saying that Bogle might not just be better, but the argument is a lazy one. And be it as it may, Wilder doesn't seem to like play Bogle, anyways.
Brewster - championship 19/20 - 10 goals in 20. can't judge him this year to be honest,
An amazing record, that truly is. Almost certainly worth £ 23,5m, if not more... Sorry, a bad joke. I'll help you with making the judgement on him, as I can't see as to how one couldn't make any jugdgements based on this year. Sure, the assesment must needs to be broad, but he's sucked a big way. Can't even make it to the starting eleven. And you think he'll somehow improve our squad compared to how it was like three yaers back? Well, I truly hope you prove to be wrong. But there's absolutely no basis for saying that based on what we've seen of him, he's make any positive contribution to the team as it was in 2018/2019.
Berge - I think he is our most talented midfielder. Young and would be a massive, massive player for us next year.
Won't be here next season, never did fit into the team, has just had an awful injury that has kept him sidelined for ages. So yes, certainly would, might etc. That's what there is to it.
the others, Burke, Moose, Lowe, etc could be great, could not be. I honestly think they make our squad better than when we came up and we will see. Definitely think they've generally higher ceilings than what we had as backup promotion year.
So where's the team you said will be much better than the one achieving the promotion? I mean, here you have three more 'new' players, and you yourself admit that they could be great - or could not be. That's not exactly filling me with any confidence. Moose won't be here next season, anyways, though.
Its all opinions. I'm not as low on our signings as most. I think we've signed young, improving players who are going to contibute to us having a stronger, better team than we had in 18/19
Right, it's mostly about opinions. I truly hope I'll be proven wong, and you right. I still just can't see what you're seeing. Burke and McBurnie are hardly any "young, improving players", Brewster is young but if he can't improve it even now in the PL in no manner - like, say, start to run instead of jogging around - then how should I expect him to suddenly to start improving in the Championship next season?

Where do you get the idea that you have to be convicted of a criminal offence to be a criminal?
More to the point, why did you bring it up in relation to the Prince?
oh piss off. I did not bring criminality into the thread. YOU DID----- refer back to postings

End of Chat yes really.

True. He isn't.

What does the matter of owning a certain key player has to do with anything when comparing different sides? Back in the day we had Hendo playing for us, and now you're saying that the team having Ramsdale as the GK is supposedly somehow better?

So "most would say", and your conclusion is that what "most would say" indicates a given fact and really means that this someone is certainly better? I'm not saying that Bogle might not just be better, but the argument is a lazy one. And be it as it may, Wilder doesn't seem to like play Bogle, anyways.

An amazing record, that truly is. Almost certainly worth £ 23,5m, if not more... Sorry, a bad joke. I'll help you with making the judgement on him, as I can't see as to how one couldn't make any jugdgements based on this year. Sure, the assesment must needs to be broad, but he's sucked a big way. Can't even make it to the starting eleven. And you think he'll somehow improve our squad compared to how it was like three yaers back? Well, I truly hope you prove to be wrong. But there's absolutely no basis for saying that based on what we've seen of him, he's make any positive contribution to the team as it was in 2018/2019.

Won't be here next season, never did fit into the team, has just had an awful injury that has kept him sidelined for ages. So yes, certainly would, might etc. That's what there is to it.

So where's the team you said will be much better than the one achieving the promotion? I mean, here you have three more 'new' players, and you yourself admit that they could be great - or could not be. That's not exactly filling me with any confidence. Moose won't be here next season, anyways, though.

Right, it's mostly about opinions. I truly hope I'll be proven wong, and you right. I still just can't see what you're seeing. Burke and McBurnie are hardly any "young, improving players", Brewster is young but if he can't improve it even now in the PL in no manner - like, say, start to run instead of jogging around - then how should I expect him to suddenly to start improving in the Championship next season?

I just dont agree with almost all of that.

oh piss off. I did not bring criminality into the thread. YOU DID----- refer back to postings

End of Chat yes really.
You brought a sheik who'd locked up his daughters into a discussion about what the Prince's motivations were. You could've just said "the shiek who hob-nobs with the Queen", but you chose to raise that fact to highlight he is an unsavoury character. You then went to lengths to dispute my use of the word criminal, which is beside the point anyway. You obviously have no reasonable explanation for why you did that.

If it means we get rid rid of the Premier league hangers on who spit the dummy out and turn into keyboard warriors when it goes tits up.
The answer is a resounding no.

Ouch. The Hamburg based SS-pork gauleiter engaged in yet another fight? How about trying to act civil for once?
Oh the irony. You realise you just engaged in gratuitous name calling in a one-liner telling me to be civil?
Do you understand that the entire "fight" as you describe it, was me questioning something I considered might be racist - how do you square "act civil" with ignoring what I see as a possibly racist comment?
Do you realise you get into more name-calling disputes than anyone else I can think of on here? (In both your aliases)

keep on believing pal.

remember what Shankly told his players at L'pool when he took over........" Throw away your runner -up medals, they mean you're second best.."
I believe in the bigger picture, me.

But the NFL system if I recall correctly allows the worse teams first pick of the new season draft. Without such a system in place in football what is to stop an owner who is no longer interested continuing to put out a team of players who put on rubbish performances not just week in week out but year in, year out, would you want to watch that, just for the prestige of being in the Premiership? For me, that’s why promotion and relegation are a necessity.

The salary cap means that NFL owners have to spend a minimum amount on salaries so they can’t just put out a shit team and pocket profits.

A salary cap would mean that the likes of Man City, Chelsea etc. would have to make some tough choices on which players they can keep. It would certainly make the league far more competitive.

But ultimately it’s something that will never happen for numerous reasons that we are all aware of.

Thing is we've been a top flight club for three years this century. Before that you have to go back to '94 to see us in the top flight again. We can't have that kind of track record and then wonder why we haven't had much money in the bank or a queue of investors waiting to buy in. We came up to the Championship and we weren't even competing for wages there, promotion to the Premier League dragged us forward a long way from that perspective.

I'm not trying to bill relegation as a good thing but being like Norwich or WBA and getting the odd year in the Prem would be above and beyond the last twenty odd years of football for us.

I think that's the point.
3 years in 29 because we wouldn't pay to stay there, and wouldn't pay the going rate to get there either.

Only the miracle working of three men has managed to get us there against the odds.

None of whom were able to keep us there.

Now Wilder is the next in a long line of Sheffield United managers showing signs of needing psychiatric help as the impossible job becomes too much.

Has this club ever had so many exciting young players?

Berge/Mcburnie/Brewster/Bogle/Burke/ plus coulibaly in Belgium and arari in the yooof

Going down would give them the chance to develop a lot easier than fighting relegation again and become far better players for it
So that’s been the plan this season.

I think that's the point.
3 years in 29 because we wouldn't pay to stay there, and wouldn't pay the going rate to get there either.

Only the miracle working of three men has managed to get us there against the odds.

None of whom were able to keep us there.

Now Wilder is the next in a long line of Sheffield United managers showing signs of needing psychiatric help as the impossible job becomes too much.
I would say last time round our response to relegation was far far more damaging than relegation was. Getting rid of Warnock was one thing, and I didn't really object, but the line of replacements was truly abysmal and that series of terrible footballing decisions set us back further than we could've imagined. I'd rather we took a step back than overspent and dropped out of sight like some other clubs that have gone down. Like we did last time.

Still don’t want to go down.
Going down like this, with this dreadful standard and quality of football, is an even less attractive way to go.
Although I suspect if we had not done so well last year this season would not be as bad as it is.
Maybe last season was a blip, albeit a pretty big one.
It does seem though, that if you happen to embrace all the accolades from last season that you ought to accept the brickbats for this one.

We are going down, no doubt about it and hopefully, the club will be far wiser for having had this seasons experience. I think financially we are still in a relatively strong position compared to other Championship clubs.
I hope that we take a measured, manageable and sustainable approach to our squad development. I don’t care if we go up next season or in five seasons, as long as when we do, we have a squad of players who are already Premier League quality and a Cat 1 Academy full of players waiting to grab their chance.

In hindsight I think we probably got promoted too quickly, although we did well initially, the players hugely overachieved which gave us a false sense of security. When we tried to strengthen the squad, our targets were financially beyond us and we settled for second best, which has been our undoing.

If we are to get back to the PL, we need a total rebuild of the squad, we need to identify young talent and get in early. Many of our current squad are going to be too old to compete in the PL for us, ever again, several more just aren’t good enough to play in the PL. Finding and developing a squad that is good enough will not happen overnight, but I’m happy to wait, because if we go up again, I do not want to witness another season like this.

Oh the irony. You realise you just engaged in gratuitous name calling in a one-liner telling me to be civil?
Do you understand that the entire "fight" as you describe it, was me questioning something I considered might be racist - how do you square "act civil" with ignoring what I see as a possibly racist comment?
Do you realise you get into more name-calling disputes than anyone else I can think of on here? (In both your aliases)
I see irony in that someone "fighting" racism with best of intention nevertheless see it as his right to attack virulently and aggressively a fellow Blade for being a realist. (Or actually too much of an optimist, as has been shown by subsequent events.) Do you think that your "fighting for a right cause" gives you a free card to harass and call people names in other instances? I don't actually get into that many name-calling disputes here. To me it seems you seem to think and see things from a very narrow perspective, no offense intended. Also, not everyone here has the same kind of special protection provided by the admins to you and some other posters. But that's their prerogative, and whilst I don't think it's fair, I understand these are the rules.

I see irony in that someone "fighting" racism with best of intention nevertheless see it as his right to attack virulently and aggressively a fellow Blade for being a realist. (Or actually too much of an optimist, as has been shown by subsequent events.) Do you think that your "fighting for a right cause" gives you a free card to harass and call people names in other instances? I don't actually get into that many name-calling disputes here. To me it seems you seem to think and see things from a very narrow perspective, no offense intended. Also, not everyone here has the same kind of special protection provided by the admins to you and some other posters. But that's their prerogative, and whilst I don't think it's fair, I understand these are the rules.
You just lie all the time. Where have I called people names? Post the quotes where I've done that.
Where have I "aggressively attacked" Big Hitter in the above exchange? Post the quote.
Explain what you mean by realist with respect to the possible racism that I questioned. I bet you can't.
You say you don't get into that many name-calling disputes, here are a few examples:

The Hamburg based SS-pork gauleiter

Just wish + and am happy to know not every Blades fan is as thick as you
You are Hamburg Blade's undescended testicle. So it doen't matter what you say and what hallucionigends you're on.

You're not supposed to get into any. You've only got 114 posts under your new name. You clearly don't understand the rules, especially if you think anyone has special protection. You got yourself banned because of what you wrote. No other reason.
I'll bet your reply doesn't answer any of the above questions and doesn't include any quotes of my posts.

As this thread sinks slowly into farce Id just like to say -
As this forum shows Football means many different things to many different people, for some it's world domination, for others it's the meeting up with friends and a couple of beers they love,
For me I'm happy as it is, don't want the team to sink so low I'm embarrassed, and don't want them to rise so high I can't get in or afford a seat to watch em .. ;)

You're not supposed to get into any. You've only got 114 posts under your new name. You clearly don't understand the rules, especially if you think anyone has special protection. You got yourself banned because of what you wrote. No other reason.
I'll bet your reply doesn't answer any of the above questions and doesn't include any quotes of my posts.
As I know what I've done, I said and done, I don't see any reason to resort to that. Nor will I spend any time scrutinizing the archives to show as to what kind of pitiful and shameful things you've spouted out. But they shall remain there, and you can always go back and visit the filth that's come out of your mouth. If, that is, the admins haven't cleared your filthy history, which I should think is a real possibility. My pal was banned for foul language, but it never was half as bad as your behaviour. Bet what you do, I won't play your puppet. You know pretty well, that as I'm not addressing the the points you cheapishly indicated I should address lest I should somehow embarass myself, and neither do I feel any need to go over your past, sick posts, you're putting me into a position where you can discard me altogether. That's cheap, that's embarassing. , Now, I've done talking to you, which I think will be our mutual benefit. Good luck in your political activities & supporting Wednesday.

When we get relegated we become like Alan Partridge's book Bouncing Back.

As I know what I've done, I said and done, I don't see any reason to resort to that. Nor will I spend any time scrutinizing the archives to show as to what kind of pitiful and shameful things you've spouted out. But they shall remain there, and you can always go back and visit the filth that's come out of your mouth. If, that is, the admins haven't cleared your filthy history, which I should think is a real possibility. My pal was banned for foul language, but it never was half as bad as your behaviour. Bet what you do, I won't play your puppet. You know pretty well, that as I'm not addressing the the points you cheapishly indicated I should address lest I should somehow embarass myself, and neither do I feel any need to go over your past, sick posts, you're putting me into a position where you can discard me altogether. That's cheap, that's embarassing. , Now, I've done talking to you, which I think will be our mutual benefit. Good luck in your political activities & supporting Wednesday.
🤣 I feel like Jasper Carrot on a bus ride.
What a bizarre rant, full of more lies and odd fantasy. You can't quote me because you lied, again, and the posts don't exist. The mods don't clean up anybody's history, what a daft excuse. And it wasn't your "pal", it was you. WestSiberiaBlade is your previous alias.
You jumped in and addressed me with your insults and false accusations, now you think it's best if you don't talk to me? How about you keep your wierd fantasies to yourself in the first place?

Back
Top Bottom