Competing emotions

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Stuart Davis

Reaction score
On the one hand, I’m happy to actually watch competitive matches next year, and I’m happy to play in a league that has a little less polish and a lot more guts.
On the other hand, I don’t want to wait until 2033 for the blades to be in the prem. Maybe it’s a “grass is greener” scenario and no matter what league we’re in I’d long for something else.
Does anyone else deal with this dichotomy?

For me it’s more a case of being back in a league where we can be competitive. Last season was great for the most part, but the club is not yet in a position to establish itself as a top flight fixture.

I’m content to take this relegation and hope we can use the financial benefits that 2 seasons in the prem has brought to build towards becoming a club that can sustain top flight status at some point in the future.

We were spoilt rotten for 4 years and kind of got use to winning, being disappointed by Henderson making that error against Liverpool.. It's been a long year!

Just be great to see some fight and cohesion again.. Some goals would be nice too.
UTB

Last season was great for the most part, but the club is not yet in a position to establish itself as a top flight fixture.
What a load of tosh. This is the defeatist crap that's been trotted out by certain sections for years - probably since the 1970s. It's what I call 'The Sheffield Disease' and this small time attitude, adopted by some fans and owners, is exactly what has been propagated by those within the town hall for decades and is what has held Sheffield back, when the likes of Leeds, Manchester etc have kicked on and left the city eating their dust.

The Premier League is wank but it's the only league that counts and the only one the world cares about and every one of us would prefer to be in it than the Championship.

We had a chance to get established in it and be a name in football but we fucked it up because we're shit and small.

For me it’s more a case of being back in a league where we can be competitive. Last season was great for the most part, but the club is not yet in a position to establish itself as a top flight fixture.

I’m content to take this relegation and hope we can use the financial benefits that 2 seasons in the prem has brought to build towards becoming a club that can sustain top flight status at some point in the future.
We were in a position to build and stay in the prem, but Wilders recruitment was dire!
We've ended up with 4 strikers that are better at fishing than football, not enough defenders, a broken midfield and a collection of shite in, Rodwell, Robbinson, Fodderingham when we already had Verrips!??, Lundstrum that doesn't want to play for the club and a stack of injuries without cover!
It was as if Wilder gave up before this season even started????

Back
Top Bottom