Compared with last season...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

So we can lose the next 8 games and still have more points after 12 games than we did last season.

David Weir was hopeless, wasn't he?

6 (points) divided by 4 (games played) = 1.5 points per game. Multiplied by 46 (total games in season) = 69.

I think.

Started better than last season despite the two games we have lost.

Yep. Very fortunate. But you cant win the league without a bit of fortune along the way.

...and you can't rely on fortune all the time. I'd argue we were fortunate to beat Crawley, more than fortunate today but - perhaps most fortunate of all - not playing MKD last week. They're on fire, third in table and scored 5 at Baaarnsley today.

How does that work? Have we played any of this season's promoted teams yet? And who got relegated this season?

After 7 games last season, we'd lost away at Brentford and Rotherham who went up and away at Carlisle who went down. This season, of the current top and bottom six, we've won away at Posh and Colchester and lost at home to Bristol City. I think we're six points better off than last season.

Regardless, I definitely like grafikhaus's version better :)

How does that work? Have we played any of this season's promoted teams yet? And who got relegated this season?

After 7 games last season, we'd lost away at Brentford and Rotherham who went up and away at Carlisle who went down. This season, of the current top and bottom six, we've won away at Posh and Colchester and lost at home to Bristol City. I think we're six points better off than last season.

In our game against bristol City, at home, last year we won, this year we lost hence we are on -3 points compared to last season.

We then Won at Peterborough andat home to crawley, which were drws last year, so from -3 we go to +1

We won at Colchester last season, so no change there

We have only played Rochdale who weren`t in this division last year. In our games against the 4 relegated teams at home we gained 12 points i.e. 3 points per game. We beat Rochdale so again no change.

The "system" (and I use the term loosely) is based on the teams, not their positions, substituing an average for the teams moving up and down the divisons.

Our next 5 games give us an opportunity to improve on our 1 point gain as last season our points haul was:

SEP 20 Swindon (A) 0.00
SEP 27 Gillingham (H) 0.00
OCT 4 Chesterfield (A) 0.50
OCT 11 Leyton Orient (H) 1.00
OCT 18 Bradford (A) 0.00

I think the machine is starting to purr along nicely now.

Champions come may, easy mode....

Ollessendro used to do that sort of comparison. I think he looked at results against the relegated sides when comparing against promoted sides from League Two and results against the promoted sides when we play teams which came down last season.

Last season we beat every relegated side (Shrewsbury, Stevenage, Tranmere and Carlisle) at home so the points per game is 3, which we matched by beating promoted Rochdale.

For completeness, our points-per-game for promoted and relegated sides is:

vs promoted home 1.33 (W v Rotherham, D v Brentford, L v Wolves)
vs promoted away 0 (L v Rotherham, Brentford & Wolves)
vs relegated home 3 (W v Shrewsbury, Stevenage, Tranmere & Carlisle)
vs relegated away 0.5 (D v Tranmere & Stevenage; L v Carlisle & Shrewsbury)

Comparatively:
Opponent 13-14 14-15 Diff
Bristol C W L -3
Coventry L L 0
Peterborough D W +2
Crawley D W +2
Preston D D 0
Rochdale W W 0
Colchester W W 0
Total +1

Back
Top Bottom