Collins and maguire back at lane

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Don't you think we miss him ?

not really... he was IMO, Slow, constantly getting caught in possession, misplaced passes marauded out of defence then was slow to get back leaving the even less capable Collins there... for me he was an average league 1 player. who got off lightly from the majority of critism due to fans seeing him as "one of our own" and fans rarely like to slare "one of our own" and had exceptional games in the big games which caused Hull to part with the cash.....

I mean everyone thought Butler was the saviour too... however in the two games against us... (despite us being poor up top) they conceded 6 goals...

How many games has Harry played since leaving us, not really progressed as a player has he, yep he's richer. I'm not having a go here, but he has been so badly advised.

Come home Harry!

not really... he was IMO, Slow, constantly getting caught in possession, misplaced passes marauded out of defence then was slow to get back leaving the even less capable Collins there... for me he was an average league 1 player. who got off lightly from the majority of critism due to fans seeing him as "one of our own" and fans rarely like to slare "one of our own" and had exceptional games in the big games which caused Hull to part with the cash.....

I mean everyone thought Butler was the saviour too... however in the two games against us... (despite us being poor up top) they conceded 6 goals...
Comparing Butler and Maguire is like shit and nutella. After the pantomime that has been our defence since he left Im amazed at that view.

Comparing Butler and Maguire is like shit and nutella. After the pantomime that has been our defence since he left Im amazed at that view.

I actually wasnt comparing Butler and Maguire... (well not in the playing sense..) maybe in the way that people seem to think Clough sold Ramos and then fell out with Ramos 2... (neither of which were any good...) but thats about it....

I mean if you look at it you could Argue Butler was more successful in a higher league than Harry... (playing 43 games over 2 periods, finishing mid table with Scunny (under Adkins) and was at the loan at Blackpool the season they got promoted to the Premiership.... Harry on the other hand... played 16 games in a Wigan side who was relegated.... (and Scunny and Blackpool were unfashionable sides...)

as I mentioned the only reason we suffered was the fact that we didnt replace the player... a poor player is predominantly better than no player...

we were all complaining about missing the likes of Higdon last season (following his little spate of goals before he got injured again) it wasnt becuase Higdon was any good.... it was becuase we didnt have any one to replace him... now we have the likes of Sammon, Sharp, Done, Che... is anyone honestly missing Higdon (despite the fact he has scored a couple...)

for me its a similar situation... had we replaced him with a CB... (rather than muddled through with LB and RB and CM....) many would think the same.

Don't you think we miss him ?

I was at the Youth Cup final thingy in (was it?) 2011. Maguire and Pogba stood out, Pogba because he's brilliant and Maguire because of his physique. The latter will take you far when you're up against kids. Not so far in the PL, less so in the Championship and absolutely nowhere in the 'muck & nettles' of Division 3.

To continue the 'pantomime' theme...

we were all complaining about missing the likes of Higdon last season .

Oh no we fucking weren't! :D

I actually wasnt comparing Butler and Maguire... (well not in the playing sense..) maybe in the way that people seem to think Clough sold Ramos and then fell out with Ramos 2... (neither of which were any good...) but thats about it....

I mean if you look at it you could Argue Butler was more successful in a higher league than Harry... (playing 43 games over 2 periods, finishing mid table with Scunny (under Adkins) and was at the loan at Blackpool the season they got promoted to the Premiership.... Harry on the other hand... played 16 games in a Wigan side who was relegated.... (and Scunny and Blackpool were unfashionable sides...)

as I mentioned the only reason we suffered was the fact that we didnt replace the player... a poor player is predominantly better than no player...

we were all complaining about missing the likes of Higdon last season (following his little spate of goals before he got injured again) it wasnt becuase Higdon was any good.... it was becuase we didnt have any one to replace him... now we have the likes of Sammon, Sharp, Done, Che... is anyone honestly missing Higdon (despite the fact he has scored a couple...)

for me its a similar situation... had we replaced him with a CB... (rather than muddled through with LB and RB and CM....) many would think the same.
I dont rate sergio ramos that highly either

We will have to agree to disagree ,never rated Higdon at all or Butler. I think Maguire is a class player ,very under rated ,would absolutely love to see him back at the Lane.

If by some miracle we managed to get Harry back then he would once again be the best centre half in league one, like he was the previous 3 seasons he played in this league and got voted in to the team of the year by his fellow professionals.

If by some miracle we managed to get Harry back then he would once again be the best centre half in league one, like he was the previous 3 seasons he played in this league and got voted in to the team of the year by his fellow professionals.
HIgdon wouldn't have got voted the best player in their house.

And was.he voted by his professionals for his league games... or the ones they probablwy saw of him on sky when he played out of his skin...

The fact that he was in Wigans side that was relegated and cant get into Hulls side shows he maybe isnt as good as people make out....

And was.he voted by his professionals for his league games... or the ones they probablwy saw of him on sky when he played out of his skin...

The fact that he was in Wigans side that was relegated and cant get into Hulls side shows he maybe isnt as good as people make out....
What tripe ,Wigan were virtually already down ,mainly due to 20 other odd players they used and Hull bought as a youngster with 4 or 5 international centre halves already in their premiership squad. But then again you reckon he was only seen when he played out of his skin ? Ive seen some flawed arguments in my time but that is really flimsy.

How many league games have we actually had on sky?

And without even going in to the Wigan and Hull 'fact' being rubbish, what league were they in exactly and what league are we in now?

Sitters is right, your vendetta is extremely flawed

As for all those who question Maguires thoughts about Utd and whether he is a pig ,he made more effort to come last night 15k other Blades.

To be fair it's probably the closest he gets to playing these days :rolleyes:

How many league games have we actually had on sky?

And without even going in to the Wigan and Hull 'fact' being rubbish, what league were they in exactly and what league are we in now?

Sitters is right, your vendetta is extremely flawed

Why is it flawed...

He played in a league one team... which failed to promoted with him in...

He failed to feature very much in the prem.. with Bruce at one point deploying him as a striker... despite shelling out 3m (or whatever the fee was...surely if after getting him he was as good as his price tag he would have featured more....

He then played for a championship team which were so poor they were relegated... so for me looking at the cold hard facts...

He failed to assist in getting a side out of league 1...
He assisted in getting a side relegated to league 1...
His current team consider him only bench worthy in the championship....

So surely logically speaking he is not premiership class... he is clearly not championship class (or hull would be playing him and he would have assited in keeping wigan up) (the fact only a struggling championship team came in for him speaks volumes..)

Which leaves league one class... and considering on numerous occassions failed to assist to get us out of this league... i would say he isnt top of the class for league 1....

As for the games... i am referring to those in Sky such as the cup games...which stick in everyones memories... including those who will have voted for him

I have no vendetta... i just dont think he is that good... in the same way i dont think Diego is....

Just becuase you think the sun shines out his arse... doesnt mean i have a vendetta becuase i have a differing opinion...

At least i have a basis for my opinion... yours seems to be on the basis of others opinions (that he was in the pfa team of the year... with other such great league one defender as Simon Francis i might add....)

Why is it flawed...

He failed to feature very much in the prem.. with Bruce at one point deploying him as a striker... despite shelling out 3m (or whatever the fee was...surely if after getting him he was as good as his price tag he would have featured more....

He then played for a championship team which were so poor they were relegated... so for me looking at the cold hard facts...

So surely logically speaking he is not premiership class... he is clearly not championship class (or hull would be playing him and he would have assited in keeping wigan up) (the fact only a struggling championship team came in for him speaks volumes..)

Which leaves league one class... and considering on numerous occassions failed to assist to get us out of this league... i would say he isnt top of the class for league 1....

As for the games... i am referring to those in Sky such as the cup games...which stick in everyones memories... including those who will have voted for him

I have no vendetta... i just dont think he is that good... in the same way i dont think Diego is....

Just becuase you think the sun shines out his arse... doesnt mean i have a vendetta becuase i have a differing opinion...

At least i have a basis for my opinion... yours seems to be on the basis of others opinions (that he was in the pfa team of the year... with other such great league one defender as Simon Francis i might add....)
You do realise Simon Francis has just won promotion to the PL with Bournemouth?

What tripe ,Wigan were virtually already down ,mainly due to 20 other odd players they used and Hull bought as a youngster with 4 or 5 international centre halves already in their premiership squad. But then again you reckon he was only seen when he played out of his skin ? Ive seen some flawed arguments in my time but that is really flimsy.

Who are the 4 or 5 International Centre Halves keeping Harry at bay...

You do realise Simon Francis has just won promotion to the PL with Bournemouth?

And Emile Hesky was an international footballer who played in the premiership... your point being??

(Although i could have equally said... and he only won it once to Maguire's 3 times... and he is now played in more premiership games than Maguire...)

Tbh i only picked on Francis becuase i remembered a thread about which one you would sooner have Francis or Maguire... and many people were very dispariging about francis....

And Emile Hesky was an international footballer who played in the premiership... your point being??

(Although i could have equally said... and he only won it once to Maguire's 3 times... and he is now played in more premiership games than Maguire...)

Tbh i only picked on Francis becuase i remembered a thread about which one you would sooner have Francis or Maguire... and many people were very dispariging about francis....
My point being you gave Francis as an example of why the PFA side is apparently meaningless.

Why is it flawed...

I can't be arsed to go through and pick holes in most of your comments there because you seem to be waffling a lot about irrelevant things.

I will just say though that i have never once said Harry is Premiership class, i said that he would be the best defender in league one.
Also the fact that you are saying he failed to get a League One team promoted means he can't be that good is quite frankly one of the daftest comments I've ever seen. Kyle Walker failed to get us promoted when he played in the Championship, does that mean he is not good enough to play top end Championship? Charlie Austin got relegated for QPR last season, is he not Premiership class?
What a ridiculous criteria that is to base an opinion on.

Oh and thanks for the concern about what my opinion is based on....it is based on watching the lad play in this league every week for 3 years

I forgot to add....the sun can't shine out of his arse, unless he as borrowed Brian Deane's backside :)

I can't be arsed to go through and pick holes in most of your comments there because you seem to be waffling a lot about irrelevant things.

I will just say though that i have never once said Harry is Premiership class, i said that he would be the best defender in league one.
Also the fact that you are saying he failed to get a League One team promoted means he can't be that good is quite frankly one of the daftest comments I've ever seen. Kyle Walker failed to get us promoted when he played in the Championship, does that mean he is not good enough to play top end Championship? Charlie Austin got relegated for QPR last season, is he not Premiership class?
What a ridiculous criteria that is to base an opinion on.

Oh and thanks for the concern about what my opinion is based on....it is based on watching the lad play in this league every week for 3 years

I too have watched him play week in week out... (well before he left for pastures new.. including youth games) so i guess we have the same basis on which to form an opinion...

In the youth cup for example he actually carried a very poor Kennedy....

Kyle walker only played a handful of games... maguire played i think in over 100...

Charlie Austin... he did his job and score goals. But whether i would hold him as premiership class i am not sure... especially after just 1 season.. Austin also had suiters... Maguire doesnt appear to have any.

Not that i pay much attention to FIFA games.. but i would think they put a lot of research in to their ratings... there are 6 current league 1 players ar CB with a better rating than Maguire (although some of them i wouldnt rate as the best in this league... ala Reda Johnson) but its all about opinions

The simple is only a relegation bound player wanted maguire... bruce wont play him in the championship (so cant rate him that highly.. as he is playing the highly rated right back who is only 21... so age wont be an issue for Bruce...

And its not just becuase he left us. I didnt rate him whilst he played for us. He was too inconsistant.

At least we agree that he isnt premiership class...

I too have watched him play week in week out... (well before he left for pastures new.. including youth games) so i guess we have the same basis on which to form an opinion...

In the youth cup for example he actually carried a very poor Kennedy....

Kyle walker only played a handful of games... maguire played i think in over 100...

Charlie Austin... he did his job and score goals. But whether i would hold him as premiership class i am not sure... especially after just 1 season.. Austin also had suiters... Maguire doesnt appear to have any.

Not that i pay much attention to FIFA games.. but i would think they put a lot of research in to their ratings... there are 6 current league 1 players ar CB with a better rating than Maguire (although some of them i wouldnt rate as the best in this league... ala Reda Johnson) but its all about opinions

The simple is only a relegation bound player wanted maguire... bruce wont play him in the championship (so cant rate him that highly.. as he is playing the highly rated right back who is only 21... so age wont be an issue for Bruce...

And its not just becuase he left us. I didnt rate him whilst he played for us. He was too inconsistant.

At least we agree that he isnt premiership class...

Fair enough pal, we are both entitled to rate Harry on the performances we have witnessed from him first hand so I won't argue with your judgement on that as we all see things differently.

We will leave it at that now as i think Fifa being brought in to the equation is the moment you stop and say enough is enough :rolleyes:

My point being you gave Francis as an example of why the PFA side is apparently meaningless.

And Maguire won it three times against Francis once.. but which one is a regular in the premiership...

Patrick Kisnorbo... now playing for melbourne... winning it means very little

Jeez if you look at Scotlands players award 18month ago Higdon won the player of the year....

If you have highlights in a season which stick you get voted for (Maguire definitely had highlight).... the stiker who scored 20 is more likely to be in the team of the year against a striker who was the foil....

Thats what i mean

Fair enough pal, we are both entitled to rate Harry on the performances we have witnessed from him first hand so I won't argue with your judgement on that as we all see things differently.

We will leave it at that now as i think Fifa being brought in to the equation is the moment you stop and say enough is enough :rolleyes:

Damn i thought thats what everyone used nowadays hahaha ;-)

Chester ,Davies, Dawson ,Figueroa ,Bruce ,Robertson ,Dudgeon ,Lenihan and Rosenior from last season.

Well Robertson is a Right Back and Bruce is a Defensive Midfielder... Dudgeon is a Left back (and only capped.at u21) Lenihan is a RB... and only capped at u21

Rosensior is as much of an INTERNATIONAP as Maguire... both played for U21s...

Chester had just been capped.. but played just over 20 times....
Davies only played for u21..
Dawson was capped just 4 times 4 years ago... (is that like if we had Ian Rush back and him keeping out Billy Sharp...)
Figuaro an international for Honduras... played just over 30 league games for hull

So the Majority of the CB from last season have as much "international experience as Harry... others wasnt CB (well no more than Craig Alcock is a CB for us....)

So how many current full international cb are keeping harry out this season...

Ok then we all agree hes shit ,now lets explain 2.5 million pounds they paid for him ,on the back of a couple of games on Sky I wonder ?

Well Robertson is a Right Back and Bruce is a Defensive Midfielder... Dudgeon is a Left back (and only capped.at u21) Lenihan is a RB... and only capped at u21

Rosensior is as much of an INTERNATIONAP as Maguire... both played for U21s...

Chester had just been capped.. but played just over 20 times....
Davies only played for u21..
Dawson was capped just 4 times 4 years ago... (is that like if we had Ian Rush back and him keeping out Billy Sharp...)
Figuaro an international for Honduras... played just over 30 league games for hull

So the Majority of the CB from last season have as much "international experience as Harry... others wasnt CB (well no more than Craig Alcock is a CB for us....)

So how many current full international cb are keeping harry out this season...

Robertson is a left back, Bruce is definitely a centre half. Rosenior is a right back. Paul McShane, a full international, has not been mentioned.

My opinion is that Maguire is excellent at our level.

Back
Top Bottom