Clubs Transfer Strategy

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

.. I'm too old and frankly too tired to spend time and energy trying to discern coherence and strategy in our transfer dealings.... I'm glad I got see Illy play for us. That is all. There are very few players of his calibre that get to wear the shirt of our club... I hope you all have your own memories of his supreme talent because that is all we as fans will be left with. It's always this way and is nothing to do with club ownership... Right... I'm off now... There's an oven door open and I'm going to stick my head in it. 👍

.. I'm too old and frankly too tired to spend time and energy trying to discern coherence and strategy in our transfer dealings.... I'm glad I got see Illy play for us. That is all. There are very few players of his calibre that get to wear the shirt of our club... I hope you all have your own memories of his supreme talent because that is all we as fans will be left with. It's always this way and is nothing to do with club ownership... Right... I'm off now... There's an oven door open and I'm going to stick my head in it. 👍
By how this board is turning out,you will be in a long queue for the oven door ! It’s like it every pre season,nothing new. As usual,wait for the next few weeks and see how it pans out,Hecky is going to be severely tested whatever,if Illi goes or not. Still,I trust him to rebuild a little and make us very competitive.

Season starts in four weeks. Ten days ago we were close to signing four players. Nearly two weeks on only one is through the door, one deal is dead and the Traore lad is nowhere ready for the Premier League.

But, yeah, in four weeks time everything will be fine and we'll resemble 2009/10 Barcelona

You posted opinion as fact. That is what I have said. We have to wait and see. Just because I have disagreed with your opinion as fact doesn't mean that I think everything will be fine.

Do you really think with the squad we look like having that even Ndiaye would be able to save us from relegation?
Unlikely, which is why I said our only outside chance.
That's now extinguished. How we've managed to approach a Premier League season with a squad that would struggle to challenge for Championship play-offs is pretty remarkable.
Presumably selling Ndiaye will mean we'll buy someone like Doyle as we'll have the cash but still won't be anywhere near enough.

That's now extinguished. How we've managed to approach a Premier League season with a squad that would struggle to challenge for Championship play-offs is pretty remarkable.
Presumably selling Ndiaye will mean we'll buy someone like Doyle as we'll have the cash but still won't be anywhere near enough.
Probably any dosh raised might not be available to spend ... remember Princeys a bit strapped these days?!

The problem was we were very careless with his contract, we pay him 4k per week (as I'm told) and when he shone with gibbs white we didn't pin him down with a 5 year contract on better wages..

Not the lads fault that we didn't get him in and reward him properly..

I wish him well..

Probably any dosh raised might not be available to spend ... remember Princeys a bit strapped these days?!

Whenever we've sold we never had the money to re invest in the team, it's always been used to pay the clubs expenses, you'd wonder why these millionaires buy football clubs because the ones we've had get the violins out when they discuss what they've paid out, but it was never out of thier pocket.

50% of this Premier league windfall will vanish somewhere, but the violins will still play..

Any money raised from selling Ndiaye won’t be spent on new players, Hecky won’t see any of it.

Not even an outside chance. However it makes a change to see you posting something almost “positive” about his abilities but that’s only being used to have the usual dig.

If he has indeed agreed terms with OM before any fee has been agreed it suggests he wants away, rather than having flu or sunstroke.

Over the last few seasons the Prince has made it pretty clear that he only wants to sign permanent players who are young and cheap with potential for profitable resale value. Other than that he wanted to use loan players to plug the gaps.

So why the surprise at Ndiaye potentially getting sold, particularly when he appears to want to go and we're losing him next summer regardless?

We got him for free from Boreham Wood. He's now 23 and we're potentially getting £17mil for him, £17mil that Hecky could use. It's good business other than losing our best player, who we're going to lose anyway.

We bought Anel for around £3.5mil and he's worth more than that now. Guess what, if we get relegated next season then we may well sell him for a lot more than this fee. Again profit on a young player that Hecky could use.

The same could happen with Slimane or Traore. Cheap young players sold for profit to be reinvested.

The only exceptions to this are Berge and Brewster who we bought young and for high fees because the club believed we'd finally established ourselves in the top flight. Neither of these will ever see profit on what we paid.

So let's all stop acting surprised at the club doing what it always said it intended to do. They've been open and honest about this from day one. The Prince has no money, the club needs to provide for itself and buying/selling young player for profit was the strategy.
Interesting I get what Your saying but do You really think if illy goes that hecky will get a lot of that money the loan with obligation to buy yes does help with a relegation etc but it stinks no ambition unless we get a new owner pretty quickly .we are going backwards like said elsewhere the team is weaker than last year at present if the 2 money signings will be simane and and traore then that's no where near the 20 m let's see but so far doesn't fill me with any confidence

How many?

Who?

Will our team/squad be better in 4 weeks time than the one which finished the Championship season in May?
That's the point isn't. I don't know and neither do you. Therefore, it is an opinion not a fact.

Back
Top Bottom