Clubs Transfer Strategy

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Tony_Kaufman

Here's a truck stop instead of St Peter's
Reaction score
Over the last few seasons the Prince has made it pretty clear that he only wants to sign permanent players who are young and cheap with potential for profitable resale value. Other than that he wanted to use loan players to plug the gaps.

So why the surprise at Ndiaye potentially getting sold, particularly when he appears to want to go and we're losing him next summer regardless?

We got him for free from Boreham Wood. He's now 23 and we're potentially getting £17mil for him, £17mil that Hecky could use. It's good business other than losing our best player, who we're going to lose anyway.

We bought Anel for around £3.5mil and he's worth more than that now. Guess what, if we get relegated next season then we may well sell him for a lot more than this fee. Again profit on a young player that Hecky could use.

The same could happen with Slimane or Traore. Cheap young players sold for profit to be reinvested.

The only exceptions to this are Berge and Brewster who we bought young and for high fees because the club believed we'd finally established ourselves in the top flight. Neither of these will ever see profit on what we paid.

So let's all stop acting surprised at the club doing what it always said it intended to do. They've been open and honest about this from day one. The Prince has no money, the club needs to provide for itself and buying/selling young player for profit was the strategy.

Yeah I get all that I’d just much rather go to United matches and see Ndiaye playing because he’s fucking unreal compared to 99% of players who have ever played for us.
We all would, but that's the brutal reality of not being an established top half Premier League club.

I doubt Brighton are getting their knickers in as much of a twist about losing two of their best players, albeit for a lot more money. I doubt MK Dons fans acted like this when they sold Deli Alli. I doubt Leicester fans are having this much of a meltdown this summer either.

For some reason Unitedites always go into denial or on the attack. "Money grabbing greedy twat" to a player they deem too good for the Championship who leaves for the Premier League, where they deem them to belong. Later on it's "they were never that good anyway" or the glass half full "we'll be better off without them because now we have to play as a team instead of relying on them."

Same thing everytime.

Over the last few seasons the Prince has made it pretty clear that he only wants to sign permanent players who are young and cheap with potential for profitable resale value. Other than that he wanted to use loan players to plug the gaps.

So why the surprise at Ndiaye potentially getting sold, particularly when he appears to want to go and we're losing him next summer regardless?

We got him for free from Boreham Wood. He's now 23 and we're potentially getting £17mil for him, £17mil that Hecky could use. It's good business other than losing our best player, who we're going to lose anyway.

We bought Anel for around £3.5mil and he's worth more than that now. Guess what, if we get relegated next season then we may well sell him for a lot more than this fee. Again profit on a young player that Hecky could use.

The same could happen with Slimane or Traore. Cheap young players sold for profit to be reinvested.

The only exceptions to this are Berge and Brewster who we bought young and for high fees because the club believed we'd finally established ourselves in the top flight. Neither of these will ever see profit on what we paid.

So let's all stop acting surprised at the club doing what it always said it intended to do. They've been open and honest about this from day one. The Prince has no money, the club needs to provide for itself and buying/selling young player for profit was the strategy.

Yes. The emotional attachment kicks in though,.

And don’t forget some on here can’t sleep in a dry bed……

If we had a transfer strategy it's gone out the window with letting Ndiaye go.
Irreplaceable and with him goes our only outside chance of staying in the league.

We all would, but that's the brutal reality of not being an established top half Premier League club.

I doubt Brighton are getting their knickers in as much of a twist about losing two of their best players, albeit for a lot more money. I doubt MK Dons fans acted like this when they sold Deli Alli. I doubt Leicester fans are having this much of a meltdown this summer either.

For some reason Unitedites always go into denial or on the attack. "Money grabbing greedy twat" to a player they deem too good for the Championship who leaves for the Premier League, where they deem them to belong. Later on it's "they were never that good anyway" or the glass half full "we'll be better off without them because now we have to play as a team instead of relying on them."

Same thing everytime.
I know your point, but the comparisons don't quite work:

Brighton are an establish PL team now, with finances behind them.
MK Dons fans will have been deeply disappointed to lose their promising youngster.
Leicester are spending big and recruiting well, as opposed to just primarily losing key stars.

Yeah I get all that I’d just much rather go to United matches and see Ndiaye playing because he’s fucking unreal compared to 99% of players who have ever played for us.
This is literally it.

I get that he’s in the last year of his contact but can we not just get one year of Illi in the premier league please.

SUFC entering the PL like…

I know your point, but the comparisons don't quite work:

Brighton are an establish PL team now, with finances behind them.
MK Dons fans will have been deeply disappointed to lose their promising youngster.
Leicester are spending big and recruiting well, as opposed to just primarily losing key stars.

I know the scenario is different but it's more about fans not getting their knickers in a twist about selling players.

Selling Jordan Slew annoyed me as he had potential to be good, but listened to bad advice from a greedy agent.

Selling Matt Kilgallon didn't bother me as we all said he was a class defender, too good for the Championship who should be in the Premier League. When he left loads of fans went on the attack saying he left for the money. Total b/s.

Selling James Beattie annoyed me as there was no reason to sell and we made a loss on him. That was McCabe panicking and the lies that came with it.

Selling Walker annoyed me as Spurs only wanted Naughton and we told them both or nothing. We got a good fee for Walker given that he'd only played 5 games for us. We didn't foresee his career panning out the way it did. We ended up with peanuts and losing our right back and his replacement.

Selling Harry Maguire didn't annoy me as we were in League One and he was destined for a higher league, and we couldn't offer that to him. The fee received was good for League One.

Selling Stephen Quinn annoyed me. I get that we were trying to reduce the wage bill, but the fee received was pitiful. We gave him away.

Selling Jamie Murphy didn't annoy me as he was too good for League One and we couldn't offer him Championship football.

Selling Nick Blackman annoyed me as it was half way through the season and he was our (top scorer regardless of penalties).

This is totally different and won't bother me half as much as some of these did. He's been a joy to watch but his future was always destined to be away from Bramall Lane one day, unless a miracle sees us finishing in the top ten next season and staying up again the season after, very highly unlikely.

I know the scenario is different but it's more about fans not getting their knickers in a twist about selling players.

Selling Jordan Slew annoyed me as he had potential to be good, but listened to bad advice from a greedy agent.

Selling Matt Kilgallon didn't bother me as we all said he was a class defender, too good for the Championship who should be in the Premier League. When he left loads of fans went on the attack saying he left for the money. Total b/s.

Selling James Beattie annoyed me as there was no reason to sell and we made a loss on him. That was McCabe panicking and the lies that came with it.

Selling Walker annoyed me as Spurs only wanted Naughton and we told them both or nothing. We got a good fee for Walker given that he'd only played 5 games for us. We didn't foresee his career panning out the way it did. We ended up with peanuts and losing our right back and his replacement.

Selling Harry Maguire didn't annoy me as we were in League One and he was destined for a higher league, and we couldn't offer that to him. The fee received was good for League One.

Selling Stephen Quinn annoyed me. I get that we were trying to reduce the wage bill, but the fee received was pitiful. We gave him away.

Selling Jamie Murphy didn't annoy me as he was too good for League One and we couldn't offer him Championship football.

Selling Nick Blackman annoyed me as it was half way through the season and he was our (top scorer regardless of penalties).

This is totally different and won't bother me half as much as some of these did. He's been a joy to watch but his future was always destined to be away from Bramall Lane one day, unless a miracle sees us finishing in the top ten next season and staying up again the season after, very highly unlikely.
It bothers me more than any of the above. He’s the best I’ve seen in United colours. I don’t really care about the ramifications of if he goes or stays and whether we will make money or get relegated or whatever, the man is a joy to watch, and I for one want to continue to see a clearly brilliant player in a blades shirt.

Fact is we'll start the Premier League season with a considerably weaker starting XI and squad than the one which finished the Championship season in May.

This must be a first for a team newly promoted to the Premier League, in recent memory at least.
That isn't a fact. It is an opinion. It depends on who we buy. If we get a decent fee and can buy a few midfield we may end up better. We just have to wait and see

That isn't a fact. It is an opinion. It depends on who we buy. If we get a decent fee and can buy a few midfield we may end up better. We just have to wait and see
Season starts in four weeks. Ten days ago we were close to signing four players. Nearly two weeks on only one is through the door, one deal is dead and the Traore lad is nowhere ready for the Premier League.

But, yeah, in four weeks time everything will be fine and we'll resemble 2009/10 Barcelona

Why are we sad that one of the best players to ever put on the shirt is leaving our club!?…we’re idiots!

There has been no contact between the clubs none

Same thing everytime.
We are losing a player we can’t replace like Brighton can because Brighton have money and we are losing a player who with 1 good pl season could be worth 50/60 million
Sadly he won’t sign a contract so let’s try and get our money out of him by getting 1 season
Rather than 15 million now and bringing 3 potential kids aka Brewster in

It bothers me more than any of the above. He’s the best I’ve seen in United colours. I don’t really care about the ramifications of if he goes or stays and whether we will make money or get relegated or whatever, the man is a joy to watch, and I for one want to continue to see a clearly brilliant player in a blades shirt.
I agree but the only crumb of comfort I have is that by going to OM he won't be lining up against us which is something I couldn't bear to watch.

Fear not... Nick Blackman is now a free agent.

Fact is we'll start the Premier League season with a considerably weaker starting XI and squad than the one which finished the Championship season in May.

This must be a first for a team newly promoted to the Premier League, in recent memory at least.
It clearly isn't a fact. It's your opinion.

Buy cheap sell high.

That's what should be our aim.

Why is that a fact ? It may be true at present, but we still have four weeks to go.

Back
Top Bottom