Clough & Forest

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

There is absolutely no chance of Forest coming in for Clough. His managerial record is average at best. And Forest will be well aware of his reputation for being too negative at both the Blades and Derby.

I'd drive him to Nottingham, what happened at Derby is happening to us mid table mediocrity but in a lower division. Clough Snr was a winner sadly Clough Jnr isn't, for all the pretty football we are still far too negative and unadventurous to be winners.

Mr Clough was 33 to 1 with the bookies , before Stuart Pearce got the job . Forest like us have had too many managers in the last 10 years . To some extent i agree with your frustration but Mr Clough is going nowhere , and is here to stay . He is the best thing that has happened to the Blades in a long while. I want to be negative and unadventurous like Charlton and get automatic promotion.

Mr Clough will get it right and the board should know that this season is shit or bust.

The only way Mr Clough will go anywhere , is having a strong point of principle on the Mr Evans saga , and resign.( if Mr Evans signs)

Mr Clough will get it right . If he goes by walking or getting the sack ,who do we get . Start again , then again , then again. Been there , done it , got the tee shirt .

I am not a " In Nigel we trust brigade " , but Commandant Mr Clough will do for me.

Time will tell , at the end of the season , which of us blades will be eating humble pie. Mr Clough sort out a CF , Mr Clough brother on recruitment and the coaching staff and we will be there .

UTB

Mr Clough was 33 to 1 with the bookies , before Stuart Pearce got the job . Forest like us have had too many managers in the last 10 years . To some extent i agree with your frustration but Mr Clough is going nowhere , and is here to stay . He is the best thing that has happened to the Blades in a long while. I want to be negative and unadventurous like Charlton and get automatic promotion.

Mr Clough will get it right and the board should know that this season is shit or bust.

The only way Mr Clough will go anywhere , is having a strong point of principle on the Mr Evans saga , and resign.( if Mr Evans signs)

Mr Clough will get it right . If he goes by walking or getting the sack ,who do we get . Start again , then again , then again. Been there , done it , got the tee shirt .

I am not a " In Nigel we trust brigade " , but Commandant Mr Clough will do for me.

Time will tell , at the end of the season , which of us blades will be eating humble pie. Mr Clough sort out a CF , Mr Clough brother on recruitment and the coaching staff and we will be there .

UTB
It is not a case of which supporter will be eating humble pie at the seasons end, I would love Nigel to succeed I really would he seems a nice sort of guy but I don't think he has that little bit extra to make him a winner, sure he will stabilise a sinking ship on a shoestring as he did very well at Derby but ask yourself how many promotions are on his CV. We heard all about his style of management at Derby from a few of their fans and the ones I have spoke to say much the same, nice enough bloke that will on a shoestring get you a mid table finish but the football at times is negative and boring and you will have to contend with bizarre team selections and playing his favourites. Look how Derby improved when the changed to Steve McClaren yeah McClaren and his brolly not a bloke recognised as being a top top manager. If the board are happy to play in this division in front of 20,000 every other week, flirt with the play off's then Nigel is tailor made for that sort of ambition, if they want more then sooner or later Nigel needs to change or he will be shown the door.

I can't recall the exact words of the guy from Derby who posted on NC's appointment but the inference I was referring to was that he was limited tactically, made curious team selections, tended to go to the same area to recruit new players from and his "project" had run into years until the Board finally lost patience with him. I read in an interview with JP that the sheik is not the most patient of guys so I doubt he will be given years, especially as he originally wanted to buy a championship club (and looked closely at several), before being persuaded to invest in United. I know JP said he would like NC to manage SUFC for years, but there is always something aspirational when a chairman says something like that. If we don't go up this season I think NC will probably survive, but if we are in the same position this time next year and not running away with the division I think he may well be gone before the January transfer window.

Personally I hope the reality is that NC has got answers to the questions being posed of him and that he has developed as a manager over the years, but there is this nagging doubt in my mind that he has got so used to being underdog that his tactics reflect that (and some of the results against bigger more aggressive clubs have been spectacular). In the championship this will no doubt be needed, but in this division we aren't or shouldn't be the underdog. I hope he finds a slightly more aggressive/more positive/less fearful approach for dealing with the weaker teams. Its not just the Barnsley defeat I am talking about, its the goal difference issue which is perhaps the more telling aspect.

On the Barnsley defeat - they used to say that it was generally harder for a London team to win the premiership because of the amount of derbies they had to play. My big fear is that we have a lot of derbies this season and I think how we perform in those could make or break the season for us.

On the Barnsley defeat - they used to say that it was generally harder for a London team to win the premiership because of the amount of derbies they had to play. My big fear is that we have a lot of derbies this season and I think how we perform in those could make or break the season for us.

We have an awful record in these derbies over the last 5-6 seasons. You have to go back to the 2008-09 season for when we last beat Doncaster Rovers or Barnsley. Perhaps the opponents take these fixtures more seriously than us?

Back
Top Bottom