CONFIRMED Clarke Official

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Friethblade,

That's the problem about communication via email, text and forums etc.
They can't convey the sentiment and can easily be mis interpreted.

Some people might think I'm a bit of a clapper but I'm not in the slightest.
I generally supported Adkins because all managers should be given time and also his track record is fantastic
But I was shocked at how poor he was compared to his record. The last match against Scunthorpe summed it up, no tactics, no motivation. Most of the players played like it was a meaningless testimonial game.

Regard the clapper/ slasher posters, both camps annoy me a little, but I would never give them vitriol.
I suppose it's the narrow minds that I find frustrating.

The logic goes something like
In 2014 team A were the biggest spenders but were crap
In 2015 team A were the biggest spenders again, had a new manager but were crap
In 2016 team A were the biggest spenders again, had a new manager but were crap.
So for many that means in 2017 it doesn't matter what team A do because they will be crap again.

I don't see it like that otherwise we might as well give up.
Obviously the teams spending the most amount of money have the best chance of success
Also when ever a new manager is emolpoyed start of a new era, anything can happen.
So I keep an open mind and as our budget is bigger the most others clubs then we must be one of the favourites. Although I agree we might have a poor season again.

Steel agree with your sentiment, deep down people are either glass half full or glass half empty personalities and that typically colous judgement.

If you are a glass half empty type it's impossible to get excited when it seems like we repeat the same mistakes over and over again. I want to believe this year is different, as we all do, but on paper we haven't done anything different this summer to the last 5 and if Adams goes it will be nigh on identical...we have cleared out some overpaid crap, bought some cheap replacements, sold the crown jewels.

The opitimsts see this as progress the pessimists as same old same old but the fact is the latter have 5 years of history on their side.

How many goals has Clarke scored against us? It feels like a lot.

How many goals has Clarke scored against us? It feels like a lot.

Too many to remember mate! I recall him scoring for Coventry Bury and Scunthorpe against us.I'm not going against Bolton can someone there please take a photo of Leon Clarke so we don't currently have the Wilipedia photo of a fat Leon scratching his nuts wearing that awful Pigs top! It's time for a better one wearing the proud red n white int it!

image.png
Too many to remember mate! I recall him scoring for Coventry Bury and Scunthorpe against us.I'm not going against Bolton can someone there please take a photo of Leon Clarke so we don't currently have the Wilipedia photo of a fat Leon scratching his nuts wearing that awful Pigs top! It's time for a better one wearing the proud red n white int it!

Che will no doubt end up twice the player Clarke is . No brainier , but that's in the future

It's here and now that's in question . We have to get out of league 1 and Clarke is the better bet than Che , to assist in achieving this .

Me i will go with the Wilder / Knill decision .

UTB.

What about when we do finally get out (no guarantees with Clarke) and he's once again not good enough for the next level but Che is scoring frequently for Birmingham?

The here and now is all well and good, we might end up back here anyway.

I know we debated this before, but we can't actually prove that Adams will end up twice the player mate. Football is as more if not more about attitude, determination, professionalism and mental strength than it is skill. How many decent players have we seen with lots of skill but never achieved their potential and other than injury, its usually because their attitude isn't good enough as it could be. Baxter is an obvious case. I'm not saying Clarke has been a beacon of professionalism but I'm not so sure Adams is either.

Let's have this chat again next May

Let's have this chat again next May

Will do mate. If I'm wrong and he turns out to be crap then I'll admit I was wrong, but we need this move to come off, because we can't just go out and get a replacement if it doesn't, but I've full confidence that Clarke will be class. 20 goals this season, mark my words! We need a left winger though to supply Clarke and Sharp from both wings not just rely on Duffy.

Will do mate. If I'm wrong and he turns out to be crap then I'll admit I was wrong, but we need this move to come off, because we can't just go out and get a replacement if it doesn't, but I've full confidence that Clarke will be class. 20 goals this season, mark my words! We need a left winger though to supply Clarke and Sharp from both wings not just rely on Duffy.

We need another winger and we need a big, strong, athletic midfielder, who charges straight at goal. Too often Basham runs towards the box and then slow down to look for a pass out wide.

This years Sammon ??????

Time will tell

UTB

Sammon wasn't tried and tested in league 1 where as Clarke is.
So credit to the board for being ambitious, whether it works no one knows but at least it's a sign of ambition.

We could spend £100 million on Leonel Messi and if he struggled at Sheff Utd
Some fans would still slate the club for such a terrible signing.
All a club can do is bring in on paper better players and I'll never slate the club for that, even if it doesn't work.

Sammon wasn't tried and tested in league 1 where as Clarke is.
So credit to the board for being ambitious, whether it works no one knows but at least it's a sign of ambition.

We could spend £100 million on Leonel Messi and if he struggled at Sheff Utd
Some fans would still slate the club for such a terrible signing.
All a club can do is bring in on paper better players and I'll never slate the club for that, even if it doesn't work.

And that in a nutshell is where our view probably differs.

Ckarke appears to be a replacement for Adams. That doesn't strike me as ambitious.

On paper, Sammon was a terrific signing for any L1 club, as was Sharp. Sammon was, bluntly, bobbar.

I have said my piece on this many weeks ago. I seriously doubt Sharp will combine well with Clarke to form an effective partnership. Nor do I think Clarke will justify the fans overall enthusiasm with solid individual performances either.

Now that Evans fella .............

Time will tell.

UTB

And that in a nutshell is where our view probably differs.

Ckarke appears to be a replacement for Adams. That doesn't strike me as ambitious.

On paper, Sammon was a terrific signing for any L1 club, as was Sharp. Sammon was, bluntly, bobbar.

I have said my piece on this many weeks ago. I seriously doubt Sharp will combine well with Clarke to form an effective partnership. Nor do I think Clarke will justify the fans overall enthusiasm with solid individual performances either.

Now that Evans fella .............

Time will tell.

UTB

Do you believe that Sharpe formed a good strike partnership with Adams last season ?

Scrap that anyway ..... over on the rumours section it appears the deal is now complete and adames is now a Birmingham City player .

Do you believe that Sharpe formed a good strike partnership with Adams last season ?
Yep.

And I believe Sharp will become increasingly frustrated if. As I predict, his partnership with Clarke does not flourish.

Time will tell. I hope I'm wrong.

UTB

Yep.

And I believe Sharp will become increasingly frustrated if. As I predict, his partnership with Clarke does not flourish.

UTB

I fear you might be right. I would be surprised if they score 33 between them, which is what Sharp and Adams managed combined.

Yep.

UTB

Surely Billy was consulted before buying Clarke , and was he the right bloke to play along side Billy .

Wilder signs Clarke then tells Billy . What ever next no fucking communication on and off the field .

Surely Billy was consulted before buying Clarke , and was he the right bloke to play along side Billy .

Wilder signs Clarke then tells Billy . What ever next no fucking communication on and off the field .

Either they learn to play with each other or one of them doesn't play. It's that simple.

He might have LBOS. Who knows.

Tufty has forgotten more than I know about building a squad of players and has vastly more experience at Pro level.

But I am no dummy either.

I hope for the sake of our aspirations for the season ahead that I am wrong about Leon.

UTB

Yep.

UTB

I think they'll do well and both start banging them in soon enough...didn't go Satdi but surprised Wilder didn't change it up top for the last ten, sounded like Billy was having a quite game...stick Done or McNuts up there...change things up...

Yep.

UTB
Starting to worry just how bang on this ascertion might end up being.

Time will tell. Just exactly how much time, I haven't the foggiest !!

UTB

Back
Top Bottom